Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Driver door handle -exterior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
johnnie5
Are the tumblers removable/interchangable on these handles, both of my door handles are correctly keyed to my ignition. I have yet to have the PLEASURE of taking one apart.

Anyway, I am looking for an exterior driver door handle in excellent shape...without the tumbler? I think...
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Jan 20 2009, 08:28 PM) *

Are the tumblers removable/interchangable on these handles, both of my door handles are correctly keyed to my ignition. I have yet to have the PLEASURE of taking one apart.

Anyway, I am looking for an exterior driver door handle in excellent shape...without the tumbler? I think...

Well, I can get you one with the tumbler, and then you can piddle about and see if they can be changed over. I don't see why they couldn't be changed.

I can have pics for you this weekend.
pilothyer
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Jan 20 2009, 08:28 PM) *

Johnnie Good Info right here for you.....Jerry Lock Keying
URY914
How did it break? I can fix the broken mounting tab if that is the problem. I have three on my workbench right now. biggrin.gif I have fixed at least 12-15.

See my blog on this site for the details on the fix. Also look in the vendors section.
johnnie5
Grif-
Yes, I would like to see what kind of shape the handle you are willing to procure is in. I don't mean to sound like a snob but the handle I broke is in perfect aesthetic condition, and I would prefer to replace it with the same.
Thank you in advance for your effort.

AND, I am still willing to look at other handles in the mean time - no offense Grif.
johnnie5
Ury-
I broke the 'handle' off of the rest of the mechanism, on the inside hinge. Don't ask...
URY914
That would be a broken "flapper". Bad news.

The reproductions kinda suck.
Root_Werks
$25 and I can ship you a nice one with no tumbler parts. Not show car, but nice. Drivers or Pass side.
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Grif-
Yes, I would like to see what kind of shape the handle you are willing to procure is in. I don't mean to sound like a snob but the handle I broke is in perfect aesthetic condition, and I would prefer to replace it with the same.
Thank you in advance for your effort.

AND, I am still willing to look at other handles in the mean time - no offense Grif.

None taken- I believe one of the reasons this parts forum exists is so that a buyer can find the best part available. If the handle I've got isn't up to par, I understand. So unless I hear otherwise from you before this weekend (Saturday to be more exact) I'll still expect to post pics for you.
dbgriffith75
Hey Johnnie5-

Sorry man but the handle I've got isn't in as good of condition as I thought. I thought it was just dirty but would clean up well; instead it's not only dirty but has what I like to call "rust zits" all over it as well.

Sorry to hold you up on buying another one- but I hope you find what you need.

-Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.