Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Props, again. Thanks Bleyseng !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
Geoff welded up the shelf and support. Check out some pics.

Thanks again, dude beerchug.gif pray.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Nuther flag.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Before smash.gif No need for the damn MPS bracket laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Damn... Nice work, Geoff!!

--DD
Bleyseng
Yep, gotta try out my new autodarkening helmet too. Worked like a champ so I could actually see for once when welding. Dave car is coming along nicely! Just a few little things like the engine isn't done...paint...tranny isn't ....
Geoff
Dave Cawdrey
one day at a time, geoff, one day_at_a_time. No place to put the engine...

Tranny is ready, no exterior paint til flares...

OOOhhhh John Kelly, hows that list coming?
boxstr
Looks like MONSTER GARAGE......
Jeroen
Welding bearhanded again Geoff?
You are my hero biggrin.gif

Great work!

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
dave, looks like you have some of that damn adhesive that held the sound pad on to remove. i started with 3M adesive remover. way too much elbow work, plus your face is in fumes,hazmat gloves, big mess. then a fellow owner suggested i try gumout carb and choke cleaner. i sprayed it on and let it work for a while. the adh came off like a breeze. plus a couple of cans of g.o. are much cheaper than a qrt. of the 3M. then i used one of those abrasive impregnated nylon wheels in my cordless to clean up any resid. i figured it saved me hours in that open engine compartment.

kevin
tracks914
I noticed in the rear fender behind the battery tray, you don't have the two holes that I have. Are mine supposed to be there? When I saw them on mine, I thought they would spray water and mud up into the engine compartment. I don't remember anything going through them whenI stripped down the car.
rhodyguy
does your front trunk floor have a big sq hole in it? if so those could have been for a/c hoses.
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 29 2003, 05:53 AM)
dave, looks like you have some of that damn adhesive that held the sound pad on to remove. i started with 3M adesive remover. way too much elbow work, plus your face is in fumes,hazmat gloves, big mess. then a fellow owner suggested i try gumout carb and choke cleaner. i sprayed it on and let it work for a while. the adh came off like a breeze. plus a couple of cans of g.o. are much cheaper than a qrt. of the 3M. then i used one of those abrasive impregnated nylon wheels in my cordless to clean up any resid. i figured it saved me hours in that open engine compartment.

kevin

I think the aircraft stripper will get it good. I'm looking to get to that bare metal stuff. Either stripper or blast, haven't decided whats more messy confused24.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 29 2003, 07:10 AM)
does your front trunk floor have a big sq hole in it? if so those could have been for a/c hoses.

My trunk had two big square holes cut in the bottom. I cut out the whole bottom and replaced it with another one. No sign of A/C though.
Bleyseng
I had to replace the front trunk floor (see earlier thread) as the PO had cut a hole with a torch to open the front trunk due to a broken cable. Real smart...
Geoff
Aaron Cox
dunt ja love previous owners! mine drilled holes for race harnesses in the floor pans- and left them there. also drilled through backpad and firewall. hey what can i say? i didnt own the car at the time- i just live with it- also have carpet just floating around in the cockpit.mad.gif my car doesnt have those holes either- but on that piece i mounted my carb. fuel pressure regulator. looks totally sano. worked out fine.
Brad Roberts
Good job Ge-off.

Did you guy's drill the two holes for the fuel pump mounts prior to the install ??

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 30 2003, 10:31 AM)
Good job Ge-off.

Did you guy's drill the two holes for the fuel pump mounts prior to the install ??

B

No, but Im going to carbs. Prolly gonna mount the rotory some place on top of the shelf...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Mar 29 2003, 02:50 AM)
Welding bearhanded again Geoff?
You are my hero biggrin.gif

either bearhanded or BEER HANDED - the only way to go...
nicce welding beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, Dave stiffed me again for a beer. Hell, there is a pub upstairs from the garage we were working in. But nooo, can't buy me a beer soo next time is going to cost him big time.
Geoff
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 30 2003, 04:32 PM)
Yeah, Dave stiffed me again for a beer. Hell, there is a pub upstairs from the garage we were working in. But nooo, can't buy me a beer soo next time is going to cost him big time.
Geoff

No fun in buying you a beer when I cant drink :finger2: tongue.gif

Got some wine and coffee comin fer ya. The MIL sabotaged the damn kitchen ar15.gif fighting19.gif
Brad Roberts
Dave,

I'm not 100% sure but I beleive the rotary pumps dont suck. They are pushers. This means you will have to mount it lower than the lowest part of the gas tank which is why the 914 pump mounted so low in the car. They dont suck very well.

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 30 2003, 10:14 PM)
Dave,

I'm not 100% sure but I beleive the rotary pumps dont suck. They are pushers. This means you will have to mount it lower than the lowest part of the gas tank which is why the 914 pump mounted so low in the car. They dont suck very well.

B

Thanks, thats good to know. FLAPS sales agent suggested it... Makes sense with less pressure needed for the carbs, right?
Brad Roberts
The pump is correct, just make sure you mount it correctly. I run my FACET pumps wide open to the carbs. They only push 3.5 of pressure which is perfect for the dual carbs. No need for a regulator.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.