Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone with a set of 914ap door panels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
Im thinking about getting a set of the 914ap door panels in black basketweave. I've been looking for a set of NOS panels for my car and I've come up with nothing. I just want to be sure that the panels that they sell can not be told apart from the originals and that they line up well on the door. Can anyone post a pic of them installed? Thanks

Also, if anyone has a set of NOS panels please let me know bye1.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
J,
Forgive me, but what are "914ap" door panels?

Paul
jonferns
The door panels are made by James & Heidi at 914 Appearance & Performance. They have a fiberglass backing instead of the stock fiberboard.

914ap

Still want a set of NOS panels pray.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Sorry J, but I'm not familiar with any of their products.

Paul
Dr Evil
Everything he makes is great and he, James, is a great guy smile.gif
smg914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jan 25 2009, 05:34 PM) *

Im thinking about getting a set of the 914ap door panels in black basketweave. I've been looking for a set of NOS panels for my car and I've come up with nothing. I just want to be sure that the panels that they sell can not be told apart from the originals and that they line up well on the door. Can anyone post a pic of them installed? Thanks

Jonathan,
The last time I was up in the Lost Warehouse at Auto Atlanta, they had quite a few NOS 914 panels. That was a few years ago so I can't be sure. NOS panels are getting harder and harder to find so I wouldn't wait another day to call and find out.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jan 25 2009, 05:34 PM) *

I have them in both of my cars and am very happy with them. Great quality and service.

Jerry
jonferns
I have them in both of my cars and am very happy with them. Great quality and service.

Could you post a pic?
xperu
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 25 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Sorry J, but I'm not familiar with any of their products.

Paul

I bought these panels last year, they are great quality and fiberglass which is the main reason I bought them. Mine needed replacement so I went for glass. Mike
zonedoubt
Have you considered recovering or rebuilding your existing panels? I did mine using this as a guide: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=54608 They turned out great.
jonferns
Yea, I considered re-doing mine but they are pretty warped and im not too confident in my ability to do a flawless job. The 914ap panels seem good because they won't warp.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
degreeoff
I must agree with the doc, I had my entire carpet kit with custom cut pieces with banding on odd edges from them and it fit like a glove. STAND UP company.....Also I cannot remember who did my GT door panels (they are a 911 type company) but they did a GREAT job too for resonable $$$ search GT door panels and I am sure they will have what you need.

Josh
jonferns
So anybody with a pic of these installed? Not the GT style, just the plain basketweave. Thanks
jonferns
Anyone with pics?
GaroldShaffer
I also have their door panels. Nice quality. I have a 911 style you can sort of see it in this picture. I can take beet ones tomorrow if you wish?

jonferns
Hey Garold, if you wouldn't mind taking another pic I'd really appreciate it. I just want to have a look at them before I go ahead and purchase. Thanks
ClayPerrine
I put a set in Betty's 914 just before the Rocket City Ramble.

Wonderful fit and finish, and very high quality construction.

Only one word of warning... let them cure for a few days before installation. The fiberglass smell was a bit strong for about 2 weeks after installation.

For what it is worth, I have bought a set of speaker pods, 2 sets of carpet, one set of door pads, two door box sets, 2 front trunk, and two rear trunk kits from them. All of which are excellent.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.