Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Fish !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
STL914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 27 2009, 11:59 AM) *

I bought a BK big fish last night after working on the teener. About an hour later lots of colors were showering out of my mouth!. I'm ok today, so I called BK and reported the problem. They said " we will investigate this matter". I think they owe me my 6 bucks. What do you think ? drooley.gif

About two weks ago, after having lunch with the wife, son and daughter-in-law, I became seriously ill later that night. I was shooting water out of both portals, roughly every half hour. This kept up all night long until around 10:00 in the morning. Thought it might have been the deep fried dill pickle.

My wife called the DR's office the following Monday; I was still feeling pretty bad. She was told that a voilent viral stomach flu was going around and I most likely didn't have food poisoning. The sad part is that about a half hour after calling the DR's office, my wife soon followed suit with the same symptoms. It actually hit her harder.

My point is, maybe it wasn't something you ate.
ericread
From reading all the posts in this thread, I can conclude with a pretty high degree of confidence that your illness was caused by the Burger King Fish Sandwich purchased at McDonalds and smothered in rancid Tartar sauce.

I hghly recommend you switch your future fish sandwich selections to a nice homemade Eel Sandwich

Click to view attachment

Swedish Eel Sandwich
1 person

1 smoked eel fillet (30-40g)
1 egg
1 dessert spoon of single cream
salt and pepper
slice of dark bread

First make scrambled eggs by whisking the egg and cream together and then placing the mixture in a saucepan on a low heat. Keep moving the mixture until the correct consistency is reached. Place the scrambled eggs on a buttered slice of dark bread. Cut the eel fillet into 2-3 pieces and place on top of the scrambled eggs. Garnish with chives or dill and eat while the scrambled eggs are still warm.

NOTE: You probably should not handle the contents of this recipe after heavy drinking. Something about the consistancy of the Eel... icon8.gif
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 27 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I got food poisoning from Taco Johns when I was 18. It's a good thing the sink was infront of the toilet so I could pain30.gif and barf.gif at the same time. 32 years ago and I still can't eat there.

The proper sequence is: kneel-hurl-sit-squirt. If it's attempted any other way, it doesn't work; because if you sit-hurl-kneel-squirt, you've made a very nasty mess that you're in no condition to clean up otherwise.

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jan 28 2009, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(AgPete139 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 27 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I got food poisoning from Taco Johns when I was 18. It's a good thing the sink was infront of the toilet so I could pain30.gif and barf.gif at the same time. 32 years ago and I still can't eat there.

You WENT to a place called Taco Johns? I see a red flag right there... stirthepot.gif

That's like trusting a place called "Billy Bob's Shack of Good Wine." chowtime.gif

Hey, leave him alone, it's the Midwest!!!

Holy crap Rick, you took me wwaaaaayyyyyy back to growing up in and around Fort Dodge IA ...

Hey man- always good to see a fellow Iowan on the boards. I live in the Des Moines area now but I was raised in one of the many backroads towns that populate the countryside around here. If you're ever back in Iowa shoot me a PM- I've got a teener I can sell ya biggrin.gif

QUOTE(STL914 @ Jan 30 2009, 04:29 PM) *

About two weks ago, after having lunch with the wife, son and daughter-in-law, I became seriously ill later that night. I was shooting water out of both portals, roughly every half hour. This kept up all night long until around 10:00 in the morning. Thought it might have been the deep fried dill pickle.

"Deep fried dill pickle" is a class all its own... and it references something I can't even say, but you all know what it is- laugh.gif

There's only one thing fast food joints are good for- hangovers. I used to eat FF all the time- ALL the time- didn't have much choice when I was an over the road truck driver- and when I finally got out of that job I didn't eat FF for years. Now I can only stand to eat it if I have a hangover- the nasty, greasy, make-you-choke deliciousness seems to contain some magical cure for hangovers.

But it's ability to make you sick totally depends on the standards of the place serving it. Even if there's no chance for bacteria to survive in flash freezing and then boiling oil (which isn't necessarily the case as scientists have recently discovered micro-organisms that can survive in even the most extreme environments), if the fish isn't cooked all the way internally, it will still make you sick. Fish is one of those tricky foods that has to be all the cooked or not cooked at all- anything in-between just doesn't work.

Besides- I agree with John Grier here when he said that if you wanted fish, why did you go to a burger joint?

In short, I hope you're feeling better. beerchug.gif

Oh, and by the way, take the free meal and give it to a friend- reccommend the fish. happy11.gif
Jeffs9146
Underthetire,

Was that you driving out of Discovery Bay Blvd yesterday around 5:15pm in a White Teener??

Katmanken
Damn,

Burger King has really gone downhill.

Back when they started, they were pretty much only in Miami. When you went, they took your order at a register and then you stood in line at a glass window where you could watch somebody place your burger patty and the bun on a linked conveyor. As you moved along, the fire shot out of the conveyor, the flame broiled your burger, and toasted your bun. At the end of the conveyor you watched as your hot fresh burger was combined with the bun, slathered up with condiments, wrapped , and shoved it in a bag,and placed in your hand. Mmmm hot and ready to eat.....

Whaddaya get now? Crap from trays that has been sitting for awhile.... Like a fish sandwich......

Heck, I even remember walking into an Arbys in Miami and seeing a huge hunk of fresh roasted meat hanging in chains to cool a little before they sliced it hot for your sandwitch. Now they use the scum you find on a pot of boiling beef, skim the scum off, and press the scum into a slab of "meat-like" crap......

Change, it's not always for the best...

Ken
Dr Evil
Ken,
Arbys uses the same meat. They do not use scum, that is an urban myth. rolleyes.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 31 2009, 07:59 PM) *

Ken,
Arbys uses the same meat. They do not use scum, that is an urban myth. rolleyes.gif

Well, I can attest to three (3) incidents of "firing from both ends" for 12 hours after eating at my local Arby's. True, I don't learn me lesson very well.

They were the most horrible incidents I've encountered. Failed to make the connection after the first. Made the connection after the second, but still did it again. Probably lost a total of 40 pounds from it. Thought about suing, and went for a fourth time to the same store - nothing! Dissapointed, but won't test The Fates again! Could it have been the horsey sauce?
Pat
mel reckling
My first job as a 16 year old was at Mc Donald's and in 1969 they started selling roast beef there too, at least in Cleveland at that time. It was actually very good, we sliced it right there and it was real, excellent beef we piled so high you couldn't get the wrapper around it. We probably killed any profitability chances if it was a test market kind of thing. Arby's has always given me the feeling I'm eating rubber bands soaked in beef broth.

Much more scary is the poultry industry. I avoid any FF place that sells the 'Pieces/parts' made chicken. Two things that always come to my mind is first, this kind of a 'chicken press' squashing chickens into patties and second the idea of beaks and feet and eating them.

cwpeden
How about this: The name of MD's meat supplier is 100% Beef. Its not necessarily what they sell....just a name.
underthetire
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 31 2009, 09:04 AM) *

Underthetire,

Was that you driving out of Discovery Bay Blvd yesterday around 5:15pm in a White Teener??

That was me in the L80E. Only white teener in the area I know of.
byndbad914
QUOTE(dbgriffith75 @ Jan 31 2009, 07:24 AM) *

Hey man- always good to see a fellow Iowan on the boards. I live in the Des Moines area now but I was raised in one of the many backroads towns that populate the countryside around here. If you're ever back in Iowa shoot me a PM- I've got a teener I can sell ya biggrin.gif

I'm sure those cars are rust free too laugh.gif

Born in DM but lived in Colfax for the early years, then a divorce an off to Fort Dodge with mom (she grew up there, parents met there), then back to Colfax with my dad in my early teens, then we moved to Dayton (near FD and where my dad more or less grew up), etc. Small town livin' - Dayton is less than a 1000 people. Moved to SoCal my senior year of high school and that was eye opening/culture shock to say the least smile.gif

I still have relatives in Colfax, Dayton and other various towns. Sounds like I need to get back for some Taco Johns! hahahaha chowtime.gif
pete-stevers
damn it ...i got a case of the runs too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.