Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Fish !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
underthetire
I bought a BK big fish last night after working on the teener. About an hour later lots of colors were showering out of my mouth!. I'm ok today, so I called BK and reported the problem. They said " we will investigate this matter". I think they owe me my 6 bucks. What do you think ? drooley.gif

They actualy called me back today. Offered me a free meal. Don't think I'll take them up on that one, but at least they responded!
SGB
Tell 'em you want a new sandwich. Delivered by the King.
SirAndy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 27 2009, 11:59 AM) *

What do you think?

I think if you go and get crappy food, you shouldn't be surprised if it actually *IS* crappy ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Gint
Blasphemy! Nuttin better than a whopper w/cheese! but I only eat one about once every two months. icon22_2.gif
Johny Blackstain
I've never had a fish sandwich in my life, Micky D's BK or otherwise & I'm 46. biggrin.gif
736conver
Fast food is just that.

Expect it to come out fast.....either end.
blitZ
I love a good fish sandwich. However, I'm not sure that's fish. Hope you feel better.
Cap'n Krusty
They sell you food they claim "tastes good". They don't ever actually come out and say it IS good. In fact, they CAN'T say it "is" good. The local DA would be all over their sorry arses for false advertising. BTW, I read somewhere that a Quarter Pounder w/o cheese is actually less bad for you than a Grilled Chicken Club sandwich.

The Cap'n
mightyohm
I got sick on a McRib once when I was a kid, I barfed for a day straight. I'll never eat one again.

Which is a good thing, isn't it.... McRib - that's just not... natural...
AgPete139
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 27 2009, 04:50 PM) *

Fast food is just that.

Expect it to come out fast.....either end.

LOL (I really did laugh out loud). Collect it in a bucket and ask for a refund. icon8.gif

Pete
ericread
I see that you live at Discovery Bay, CA. Maps.google.com tells me that you are very close to the San Francisco bay area.

So when you decided on a fish meal, you went to Burger King???? laugh.gif

Come on, that's just a little bit funny (in a dark, projectile vomiting way).
ConeDodger
Speaking professionally, if you got food poisoning, you wouldn't be sick until the day after. 24 hours or so before symptoms manifest.

So, you either went in sick or you had a case of stomach wisdom. Your stomach simply said, "that shit ain't food" and you yacked up a furball... Either way, don't go back. Your stomach was right! icon8.gif
john grier
I hate to say it
But why go to a burger joint to buy fish?
pktzygt
QUOTE(john grier @ Jan 27 2009, 08:59 PM) *

I hate to say it
But why go to a burger joint to buy fish?

Better than Navy food!
Jeffs9146
Hey Underthetire

I also live in Disco-bay! Did you buy this at the MickyD's in town?? I try to avoid that place but there is not much else that is quick other than a sandwich at Safeway!

I am down in Hollywood for a while but we should touch base when I get back! I would love to hear about another teener in Disco-Bay. I have only seen one other 914 here, it had a V8!

PS: welcome.png
championgt1
Never buy fish from a burger place.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 27 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Speaking professionally, if you got food poisoning, you wouldn't be sick until the day after. 24 hours or so before symptoms manifest.

So, you either went in sick or you had a case of stomach wisdom. Your stomach simply said, "that shit ain't food" and you yacked up a furball... Either way, don't go back. Your stomach was right! icon8.gif

Hows that? 2-6hrs is the usual time for many common pathogens. B. Cereus and Staph to name two. E. Coli may take a while depending on the type; ETEC, EHEC, EIEC, etc...

I was in the ED last night due to gastritis sad.gif No vomit, but I lost about 10lbs rectally dry.gif I havent been a patient since I was 18 and woke up in Oaklands ED. I got picked on by all the docs because they all know me and I applied there.

As for a refund, good luck.
dkjens
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 27 2009, 05:58 PM) *

That's hilarious, and so true he he.
mojorisen914
This is exactly why I DON'T eat seafood (any form)....Too many toxins!
ericread
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Jan 27 2009, 08:20 PM) *

This is exactly why I DON'T eat seafood (any form)....Too many toxins!

How about peanut butter? Or chicken? Or beef? Or alfalfa sprouts? Or tomatoes?

Most of these foods are pretty safe if harvested/cleaned/packaged/cooked properly. But it doesn't take many screw ups to poison the entire food chain.

srthompson01
Having worked the ER as a Nurse. It is possible to get that sick that fast off of seafood ( Joe's Crab Shak has a pretty bad rep), but anything that toxic would most likely taste rancid enough to let you know not to swallow it. Undercooked would be the most dangerous bacteria-wise, and with the highly trained, career oriented professionals working the fry-o-lator at BK I can't imagine anything going wrong.
rick 918-S
I got food poisoning from Taco Johns when I was 18. It's a good thing the sink was infront of the toilet so I could pain30.gif and barf.gif at the same time. 32 years ago and I still can't eat there.
Dr Evil
I bet the fish was fine, most likely candidate is the tarter sauce with Staph. Very common, undetectable, and fast acting. barf.gif
maf914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2009, 05:03 AM) *

I bet the fish was fine, most likely candidate is the tarter sauce with Staph. Very common, undetectable, and fast acting. barf.gif

That sounds logical. After all the fish had a bath in boiling oil. They should have fried the tartar sauce too! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My favorite place for a fried fish sandwich is the Seven Mile Grill in Marathon Key, FL. My next favorite is home, grouper fried outside on the patio so we don't smell and grease up the kitchen. chowtime.gif
AgPete139
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 27 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I got food poisoning from Taco Johns when I was 18. It's a good thing the sink was infront of the toilet so I could pain30.gif and barf.gif at the same time. 32 years ago and I still can't eat there.

You WENT to a place called Taco Johns? I see a red flag right there... stirthepot.gif

That's like trusting a place called "Billy Bob's Shack of Good Wine." chowtime.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 27 2009, 07:09 PM) *

Hey Underthetire

I also live in Disco-bay! Did you buy this at the MickyD's in town?? I try to avoid that place but there is not much else that is quick other than a sandwich at Safeway!

I am down in Hollywood for a while but we should touch base when I get back! I would love to hear about another teener in Disco-Bay. I have only seen one other 914 here, it had a V8!

PS: welcome.png

Only in "Disco-bay", wherever that is, would someone ask you if you bought a Burger King product at Mc Donalds. Or maybe it's one of those multiple line stores .................

The Cap'n
byndbad914
QUOTE(AgPete139 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 27 2009, 11:49 PM) *

You WENT to a place called Taco Johns? I see a red flag right there... stirthepot.gif

That's like trusting a place called "Billy Bob's Shack of Good Wine." chowtime.gif

Hey, leave him alone, it's the Midwest!!!

Holy crap Rick, you took me wwaaaaayyyyyy back to growing up in and around Fort Dodge IA and whenever I went into FD I would swing by Taco John's laugh.gif Never had food poisoning tho' from there, but then moved to SoCal and probably couldn't choke down Taco John's to save myself now happy11.gif

My cousin lived in DiscoBay for awhile, he is in Livermore now (grew up in Castro Valley) and Disco was nice on the water there.

I am with the Evil one on the turn around time of food poisoning - for me it is like clockwork... I start feeling crappy a few hours later and at almost exactly 8hrs later I am hurling my guts out.

The worst case I ever had was at Friday's in FL (my fiancee had it at Fridays in SoCal so it is a chain thing IMHO and I won't go back). We landed for PRI at around 3pm, ate right by the airport around 3:30-4pm and the burger had a "wang" but I thought is was all the spicy combo of crap they put on it. By 7pm I was laying on the concrete floor in the Convention Center sweating and groaning, hitting the restroom for "rectal" part as Evil said rather often. Told my friend I was there to help work the PRI show he was on his own and I would be hurling by 11:30 or midnight. 11:45... barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif and it wouldn't stop. I was down the whole next day.
Jeffs9146
Only in "Disco-bay", wherever that is, would someone ask you if you bought a Burger King product at Mc Donalds

No your right! I had a buzz when I typed that!!

Mc Donalds is the only fast food restaurant within 12 miles of Discovery Bay so I wasn't paying attention!

PS: This is DiscoBay

r_towle
looks like you are pretty close to the water...I would venture to guess there might be a fish joint close by....just maybe.

I agree that its a pretty slim chance it was the fish. The fish is processed from fresh/caught to a flash freezer (-45 degrees) in short order, under 30 minutes...
From there, its dropping into a vat of boiling oil...there is no chance for bacteria to survive those two process's

But the mayo....oh yah..probably ten days old...been in and out of a "fridge" for weeks on end....gets a nice crust on it after a while...
Plus dont foreget the guys sneezing and coughing into it.

You do have a health inspector in town...try using his services, you are paying his/her salary.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 28 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Only in "Disco-bay", wherever that is, would someone ask you if you bought a Burger King product at Mc Donalds

No your right! I had a buzz when I typed that!!

Mc Donalds is the only fast food restaurant within 12 miles of Discovery Bay so I wasn't paying attention!

Obviously mis-named. I see no disco ball, nor anyone overdressed and doing complex but stupid dance steps ................ Looking at a map, it seems like it's kinda far from any significant body of water, at least one big enough to have a "bay". The Cap'n
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 28 2009, 04:57 PM) *

looks like you are pretty close to the water...I would venture to guess there might be a fish joint close by....just maybe.

I agree that its a pretty slim chance it was the fish. The fish is processed from fresh/caught to a flash freezer (-45 degrees) in short order, under 30 minutes...
From there, its dropping into a vat of boiling oil...there is no chance for bacteria to survive those two process's

But the mayo....oh yah..probably ten days old...been in and out of a "fridge" for weeks on end....gets a nice crust on it after a while...
Plus dont foreget the guys sneezing and coughing into it.

You do have a health inspector in town...try using his services, you are paying his/her salary.

Rich

Don't forget about the food service tech with the runny nose and booger on the end of his/her glove unsure.gif

I got the poison once from a peanut ( I think, might have been a worm ). One of those steak places with the basket of shelled nuts opn the table. Heading back form my grandads my dad and I stop in. Cracking and eating peanuts, I toss one in the mouth hole, bite down....peanut goes SQUISH.....nasty ass bitter taste....natural reaction is to get it DOWN as quickly as possible.....WRONG reaction. 6 hours later I'm on the toilet with a trash can in my lap. Expelling from both ends simultaniously. Damn near every hour, on the hour, for 24 hours. Pretty sure I was nearing the 90 lb mark by the end
Jeffs9146
Looking at a map, it seems like it's kinda far from any significant body of water, at least one big enough to have a "bay". The Cap'n

The name of the "bay" that I live on is Beaver Bay shades.gif and it connects into the Delta system which connects into the San Francisco Bay which connects into the Pacific Ocean! splat.gif And the fish come in and play in the fresh water!
Dominic
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 27 2009, 12:59 PM) *

I bought a BK big fish last night after working on the teener. About an hour later lots of colors were showering out of my mouth!. I'm ok today, so I called BK and reported the problem. They said " we will investigate this matter". I think they owe me my 6 bucks. What do you think ? drooley.gif

First thing to do is to call your county public health dept and report the case, they have to investigate it. Then go back and get your money back. I've learned my lesson about seafood....my rule is only order seafood in a seafood restaraunt.
ericread
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 28 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Is DiscoBay the name of the group or where you live??? rolleyes.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 28 2009, 06:10 PM) *

The name of the "bay" that I live on is Beaver Bay shades.gif

I didn't see a disco in the last picture and I sure as shit don't see a beaver here!

rolleyes.gif
Jeffs9146
It is Discovery Bay, ca 94505

The locals call it DiscoBay or DBay

I didn't see a disco in the last picture and I sure as shit don't see a beaver here!

Sorry here you go! drooley.gif
byndbad914
av-943.gif dude in the blue shirt, bottom right corner....

BUSTED

check the eyes hahahahaha. That would be me as well laugh.gif
rjames
Aren't those the girls from the Housewives of Orange County TV show? happy11.gif
angerosa
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 27 2009, 05:47 PM) *

Blasphemy! Nuttin better than a whopper w/cheese! but I only eat one about once every two months. icon22_2.gif

Totally! And yes I agree you should never eat one becasue it is soooo bad for you. A whopper is on my list of foods I should try never to eat.
carr914
Would you like some Biggie Fries with that Salmenella?

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Someone has mistaken a Beaver with a Cougar.
underthetire
Gota love Discovery bay, Cars are the only thing with bolt on accessories there!

Great boating
Great Fishing
Great women
And if your in to old man sports great golfing!
Jeffs9146
Someone has mistaken a Beaver with a Cougar.

I guess that depends on how old you are!! They are all within about 3 years of me so Beaver is more applicable! beer.gif

Gota love Discovery bay, Cars are the only thing with bolt on accessories there!

LOL I think you mean "Cars arn't the only thing with bolt on accessories here" smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
I guess that depends on how old you are!!

No. It depends on how old "they" are and those are cougars. Beavers don't look at guys our age. biggrin.gif

That said... they're very nice looking cougars and I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed (unless I wanted them on the floor). lol3.gif
Jerry
I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed (unless I wanted them on the floor).

Eric, does that totally fine wife of yours know you wrote that?? She would kick your butt all over the place!!!!
Eric_Shea
Uuuuuuuuuuuuu... No. huh.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Dominic @ Jan 28 2009, 06:41 PM) *

I've learned my lesson about seafood....my rule is only order seafood in a seafood restaraunt.

I've gotten sick twice from eating at Red Lobster. And I know it wasn't the tartar sauce... I don't eat tartar sauce. It masks the flavor of the fish. But then, they really aren't a seafood restaurant are they...

My wife likes them. I don't.
GreatPumpkin
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 27 2009, 02:59 PM) *

They actualy called me back today. Offered me a free meal. Don't think I'll take them up on that one, but at least they responded!

if you were going to get fish why not go to mcdonalds, if you go to burger king a whopper is the best choice

whopper junior 99 cents chair.gif
Eric_Shea
I've gotten sick twice from eating at Red Lobster.

He said a "Seafood" restaurant. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2009, 01:41 PM) *

I've gotten sick twice from eating at Red Lobster.

He said a "Seafood" restaurant. biggrin.gif

Hey, no fair quoting out of context... read the rest of my story dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.