Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch lug nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Some of you may know that i just purchased a set of repro fuch rims. I looked at how much the lug nuts(im putting studs in the rotors) are for these rims are and it turns out that its like 6 bucks a lug nut. thats 120 dollars for all the lugs WTF.gif . Why are they so expensive and can i find them anywhere cheaper? I noticed that the lugs have a rounded bottom to mate up with the rim correctly, is that why that are a more expensive?

Ive checked autozone, etc, and all they have are acorn style, tapered edge, which i don't think will work.

I don't mind buying these lug nuts, but if theres a cheaper alternative, im game for that! biggrin.gif
jcd914

I don't know what lug nuts you are specifically looking to buy or from who but stock Aluminum alloy lug nut anodized black and machined to properly fit the wheel are not cheap. There are stock steel lug nuts availble for a less money. You should not use the 'accorn' nuts commonly used by other wheel manufactures, they will damage your wheel and are not safe.

I check a website I order part thru and the list these at $10 each
Pelican Parts is less and has steel lugs listed at $1.50 each.

Jim
turnaround89
machined to properly fit the wheel are not cheap

Never thought about that, thanks.
SirAndy
First, it's "Fuchs" with an S at the end. Secondly, i'm assuming you're talking about 5-lug repro Fuchs wheels.

If the aluminum nuts are too expensive for you, you can go with the cheaper open end steel lug nuts.

bye1.gif Andy

PS: DON'T use those generic lug nuts from your local flaps. They don't seat correctly!
carr914
Check on our's and Pelican Classifieds for a used set. I think Lavanaut has a set on our classifieds.

T.C.

ericread
Sorry in advance for the hijack pirate.gif, but it's kind of in the same ballpark...

I hava a set of 4-lug Fuchs repros being shipped to me. For my 74, totally stock 914, what length lugs should I use for these wheels?

My thanks! Now we return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
Wanna9146
I have an (almost complete) set of used nuts available. They could use paint, but they're the real deal (from my 911). I think I have 16 or so. Cheap!

QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 29 2009, 09:57 PM) *

Some of you may know that i just purchased a set of repro fuch rims. I looked at how much the lug nuts(im putting studs in the rotors) are for these rims are and it turns out that its like 6 bucks a lug nut. thats 120 dollars for all the lugs WTF.gif . Why are they so expensive and can i find them anywhere cheaper? I noticed that the lugs have a rounded bottom to mate up with the rim correctly, is that why that are a more expensive?

Ive checked autozone, etc, and all they have are acorn style, tapered edge, which i don't think will work.

I don't mind buying these lug nuts, but if theres a cheaper alternative, im game for that! biggrin.gif

BMartin914
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 30 2009, 07:18 AM) *

Sorry in advance for the hijack pirate.gif, but it's kind of in the same ballpark...

I hava a set of 4-lug Fuchs repros being shipped to me. For my 74, totally stock 914, what length lugs should I use for these wheels?

They should have at least 25mm of thread. The shorter LUG BOLTS for the steel wheels are too short to use with alloys.
IronHillRestorations
Here's what you DON'T want. If you look closely at the bottom of these (incoorect) cone lug nuts, you can see a witness mark where the lug nut was making contact with the wheel. Not good. The correct lug nuts or bolts have a rounded conical shape.
L8KTAHO
Les sshwabb has them, you just have to order them from their catologue. Nice new chrome ones, only took 4 days.
Slick914
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jan 30 2009, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 30 2009, 07:18 AM) *

They should have at least 25mm of thread. The shorter LUG BOLTS for the steel wheels are too short to use with alloys.

I bought steel wheel lug bolts for my repros because the others seemed too long. The repros have recessed lug holes so they use a shorter lug compared to the originals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.