Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MY SDS EFI Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914forme
Wow congratulations on a successful build aktion035.gif

Why not SDS? confused24.gif

They do a lot of Subbies, an you have liked their product, know it semi well, and they can fill in your lack of knowledge on the Subaru side. Are there more convoluted systems out there, YES! Are you try to eke the last 10th of a HP out of a daily driver, most likely not. An NA Subaru 2.5 will be a 50% improvement on power if not more. A 3.3L will take you to 150% More Power!!! And you get into the turbos 200-300% More power. And that is with out going screwy.gif

Or you could learn an entire new setup, nothing wrong with that.

I have been an SDS fan for years, and see no reason to go away from it, unless you want or need functionality it does not offer.

Things that could pull you away.
Launch Control
Staged Injection
Dual Fuel - Dino gas / E85
I know there is more, but Im not thinking you need multiple boost control, with methanol injection, and a NiOx Controller, and automatic shifting. happy11.gif

I would love SDS to run dual fuel, but then, that is not really an issue for me, it is a want.

You would need to upgrade your unit to run coils, and since you have a 4-cyl. unit I would stick with a 4-cyl. Subaru engine.

That being said, I am sure someone would be happy to buy your complete drive train and plug an play their car. Can't wait to see the build threads popcorn[1].gif
Mark Henry
I'm pretty sure I'm the first here to use SDS, even long before Jake was using them.

Although I like the SDS, it's better on a single TB configuration with not a too wild cam as it needs a good, strong and steady vacuum signal. It can be made to work on a ITB config, but systems like MS are more flexible with wild cams and ITB's.

If you want SDS and gobs of power I would go turbo subie. For an SDS turbo app you need the ignition as well, because you will want to retard your ignition curve at boost.
Jeff911C
I'm new to the 914 forum, but not new to modifying cars... I recently bought a 914 in 100000 pieces. It came with the SDS EM-4 efi system. The previous owner stated it ran great until he tore the car into a ton of pieces for welding up the hole from hell and the floor pans. So after he decided to ditch the project I purchased it and now I'm in the process of putting it back together. I've tried cranking the engine outside of the car to confirm the engine is good. I have everything (minus a green wire coming out of the tins on the right side of the engine) and it wont seem to ignite. I have great compression and it turns over freely but just wont seem to fire. I don't know if my MSD coil is bad or if my MSD box isn't getting the 12v it needs to power the coil. Any ideas would be awesome!
Gplracer
Does Jake still make engine rebuild kits?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.