Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a fuel pump isolation mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I need an isolation mount for my new fuel pump, but the two that were on the original fuel pump are toast...anyone got a spare laying around I could take off your hands?

They have been a pain to find at local stores!
McMark
The usual parts suppliers have them new. Did you try GPR?
biosurfer1
eh, I guess I was hoping to find someone local...there's something about paying $5 to ship a $1.49 part that has always irk'ed me. Guess I'll just have to suck it up...not only do none of the hardwares store around here carry them, none of them even knew what I was talking about
Dominic
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jan 31 2009, 10:35 PM) *

eh, I guess I was hoping to find someone local...there's something about paying $5 to ship a $1.49 part that has always irk'ed me. Guess I'll just have to suck it up...not only do none of the hardwares store around here carry them, none of them even knew what I was talking about

I would go to the nearest pick and pull. You should be able to find more than you need. Many VW, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, ect... use the same type of mount on fuel pumps, air filter boxes, oil coolers, ect.
If not then check Ebay, usually plenty of those for sale new....of course you have the $5.00 shipping fee in there.

type47
??? fuel pump mount for 70-74 is about $20. i'm thinkin' you want the rubber mount with 2 studs out each end. maybe i'm not clear on what you want.
kconway
McmasterCarr less then $2 each. http://www.mcmaster.com/#9376k208/=ew6pb
kconway
Brett,
I picked up a few of the isolators in the McMaster-Carr link today I posted above. I should have measured before I got them but tried to go from memory. I bought the 1" isolators and should have got the 3/4" parts. The studs are M6 metric. IF you send me a SASE I'll send you a few of the 1" parts I bought or might be convinced to get the 3/4" if someone told me the 1" are too large.
Click to view attachment
Kevin
biosurfer1
Thanks Kevin...I was able to find a couple more items I needed so I ordered from McMaster last night too. I got the 3/4" isolators also, good to know I ordered the correct ones because I was unsure also.
jt914-6
An appliance repair shop should have them too. The use them on refridgerators.
kconway
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 2 2009, 02:48 PM) *

Thanks Kevin...I was able to find a couple more items I needed so I ordered from McMaster last night too. I got the 3/4" isolators also, good to know I ordered the correct ones because I was unsure also.

Brett-
Not sure if you got yours yet, but I picked up a set of the 3/4" x 3/4" mounts today. They're a little small as the OEM part is 3/4" tall x 1" diameter. Might have been better off with the 1" x 1". Think I might just stick with the 1" mounts.
Kev
biosurfer1
I actually ordered both since I figured might as well if i'm shipping. I guess I'll see which one works the best tonight.

thanks for the help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.