Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Caravan to WCR 2009 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
6freak
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 11 2009, 06:08 PM) *

I added 6freak & changed a few percentages.

Am I missing anyone?

Only three months away...

biggrin.gif Thanks Greenie ..i was starting to feel left out sad.gif ..Im at 95% got the green lite from the warden and the time off work.Its weather or not i have the funds ..I just dumped a bunch of money on my 6
6freak
I just counted 19 cars ...Its a good chance someone will have an issue.Heres what im thinking!..Im going to tow my car down witch leaves the back of my truck open for tool, tires,jackstand,and the like stuff.I dont want to buy a canopy if i can help it ..so if someone knows a person with a canopy that will fit a 04 Dodge LB that they can Barrow we can all use the truck like a rolling shop ..Just an idea ..comments welcome

Mike
JRust
I will be towing mine down also. I will have the back of my Excursion for stuff. Also I should have some room on my trailer for anything bigger. I'll have room for Todd to ride along for sure. I'll have more seats open if anyone else want to ride along. I'll only have 1 seat open in the teener when we get there. I wouldn't mind someone driving my Excursion with the trailer along though. Definately bound to be someone who breaks down while we are there.

As far as the hotel I know Computers4kids & I were going to split a room. At least at the event. On the way down & back I'm open to whatever. rolleyes.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 4 2009, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 07:52 AM) *

We thought you had a prior engagement?

Not sure what that means... huh.gif lol3.gif

If i do it will be trailered down and back

aaron.gif

IPB Image

biggrin.gif

is that a picture of you Eric ...Damn your old...lmao........just need to save miles i just turn over 69K

Nope. That's not Eric. He is... well, metrosexual if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:44 PM) *

11 hours from Everett to Sacramento (about 800 miles) plus gas/food stops
5.5 hours from Sacramento to Irvine (about 400 miles) plus gas/food stops

If depart time was 6am, it would be best to sleep in Sacramento and finish the next day so you hit LA off hours. I prefer a late night run through LA. Cool temps with low traffic. So, I would leave Sacramento by about 2pm. Get up, tighten bolts, check things out, have lunch on the delta with other 914 peeps in Sacto, and scoot.
My best was S.F to Culver City in 4 hours 15 minutes on Xmas day (including gas stops). I don't think that we will be going at that speed. My Uncle made the run from Sacramento to El Segundo (sp) in 4 hours flat.

The frustrating thing about this trip is that your Sacramento to Irvine estimate is off. True, it is about 4 hours to just beyond Santa Clarita, but from there it can be another 3 hours to Irvine. mad.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 12 2009, 07:58 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:44 PM) *

11 hours from Everett to Sacramento (about 800 miles) plus gas/food stops
5.5 hours from Sacramento to Irvine (about 400 miles) plus gas/food stops

If depart time was 6am, it would be best to sleep in Sacramento and finish the next day so you hit LA off hours. I prefer a late night run through LA. Cool temps with low traffic. So, I would leave Sacramento by about 2pm. Get up, tighten bolts, check things out, have lunch on the delta with other 914 peeps in Sacto, and scoot.
My best was S.F to Culver City in 4 hours 15 minutes on Xmas day (including gas stops). I don't think that we will be going at that speed. My Uncle made the run from Sacramento to El Segundo (sp) in 4 hours flat.

The frustrating thing about this trip is that your Sacramento to Irvine estimate is off. True, it is about 4 hours to just beyond Santa Clarita, but from there it can be another 3 hours to Irvine. mad.gif

Arrive here before 6am and I'll put you up and cook breakfast. I have room for 4 in the coach and 3 or 4 more in the house. We can work it out.
I'll PM anyone the address that wants to show up early. I did this in 05 also.
rhodyguy
joe, how far is your place from party central in irvine. i'm sending you a pm.

k
Eric_Shea
What are you driving Rob?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 12 2009, 10:26 AM) *

What are you driving Rob?

The 914... I have an "autocross" alignment but other than being darty and probably hard on the tires I should be fine... Are you going to be in the 911?
JoeSharp
I'm about 6 miles from the hotel in Irvine.
rhodyguy
with non-stop rt flights available for a total of $208 it's pretty hard to climb behind the wheel for a better part of a week.

k
Eric_Shea
Are you going to be in the 911?

I fear I have no choice. I'm planning on squirting the 914 this spring and everything should go quick post that (because lord knows I've been hoarding almost as many parts as Hines! w00t.gif ) but... I doubt May would be doable.

Assdragger it is. Wouldn't be the first 914 event it's shown up at. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 12 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Are you going to be in the 911?

I fear I have no choice. I'm planning on squirting the 914 this spring and everything should go quick post that (because lord knows I've been hoarding almost as many parts as Hines! w00t.gif ) but... I doubt May would be doable.

Assdragger it is. Wouldn't be the first 914 event it's shown up at. biggrin.gif

The key word being "almost". I think Hines is probably hoarding all of the parts stripped off of the original GT cars... That boy has all the toys...
Todd Enlund
Well, I'm looking like about 95% at this point.

Thanks Jamie!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.