Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Caravan to WCR 2009 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
greenie
Topic title says it all.

So far I've talked with or read:

DNHunt 100% ( probably taking scenic route via Georgia )

Rhodyguy 50/50 ( worried about Tacoma traffic)

Kelty 30/70 ( working hard to get the svx subie conversion done)

Greenie 50/50 ( lot's of balls in the air)

Nord 80/20 ( doesn't want to upset Greenie with the long distance award)

Sixnotfour 100% ( so many choices ..which teener to drive? maybe just the Gulfstream, something about a pickle?)

JRUST 95% (depending on his radiator) poke.gif

slow914 80/20( motivated with new paint job)

914 Junkie 100%( solid )

Bovey 99.9999999 % ( dependent on economic recovery & wife's approval)

effutuo 50/50 ( trying to find flared car to swap out his drivetrain)

PanelBilly 50/50 ( a couple more cycles of base/clear/sand off repeat to go )

Todd Enlund 80/20 ( looking for ride & film for his digital camera)

LouW 100% ( solid)

TC 914-8 20/80 ( hasn't been out of sqwim in years ,not sure where LA is)

MSTEIN 100% ( he's half way there already)

Eric Shea ??% ( wishes he could hang with the cool guys in the PNW)

6freak 90/10 ( saving up the bones)

I'm putting it on my calendar $91.14 including Monday track day, sounds like a helluva roadtrip! driving.gif

Who else trying to make this event ?
sixnotfour
lets combine these threads

Im in.
NORD

w00t.gif

Greenie

I'd love to go I'm about 80-20 YES!!!!

The problem I see is if I came from from

9 miles south of US Canada border then you

may not be the longest haul to the 2009 WCR.

Lets keep talking and see how many tough butts

we have in the NW. driving.gif
greenie
QUOTE(NORD @ Feb 3 2009, 08:43 PM) *

w00t.gif

Greenie

I'd love to go I'm about 80-20 YES!!!!

The problem I see is if I came from from

9 miles south of US Canada border then you

may not be the longest haul to the 2009 WCR.

Lets keep talking and see how many tough butts

we have in the NW. driving.gif

Nord,

Let's just work a little side deal.... this will be fun huh?
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 3 2009, 08:38 PM) *

lets combine these threads

Im in.

I guess with my 505th post I'm a whore like Bovey welcome.png
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif I wish I could. If three or four people decide to buy a house in the next few weeks I could w00t.gif but otherwise I'm stuck here in the muck headbang.gif .

You're not ever worthy of calling yourself a whore biggrin.gif blink.gif confused24.gif
JRust
I'm in but depends when you all leave. Be nice to get us all going together. I figured to leave thursday morning early. I'm open to whatever though. I didn't realize the track day was monday too. I'll have to take Tuesday off too to drive back then. Guess it all depends what everyone want's to do. I know Morgan is in & Todd is a possible (may ride with me). We do have 3 months to get this planned smoke.gif
greenie
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 3 2009, 08:49 PM) *

sad.gif I wish I could. If three or four people decide to buy a house in the next few weeks I could w00t.gif but otherwise I'm stuck here in the muck headbang.gif .

You're not ever worthy of calling yourself a whore biggrin.gif blink.gif confused24.gif

You are a whore in the best sense smilie_pokal.gif

I hear that the real estate market is picking up, you had a flimsy excuse last year with the baby and all.

Not this time buckwheat! smash.gif
sixnotfour
I get an extra 5-12 days off this summer unpaid , unless someone buys a bunch off airplanes.
Im stoked piratenanner.gif

Jon we will just put you in the rockin chair and you can draft the whole way,bring a sleepin bag.
slow914
YES

iiiiiiiifffff I get my car done chair.gif
914junkie
I'm down! Let me know when everyone is leaving and I'll join in when ya pass through Vancouver. Looking forward to it, sounds like a good time. I just wish I could afford to drive my 914 down. Paul S.
PeeGreen 914
Well, I have two listings coming up at the end of this month and three people looking to buy. Now, all of these are ifs but if half buck up and do something I should be able to go aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
There's not a chance I'll have my car done, but I may make the trip anyways.
effutuo101
hmm. I am 50/50 on this as well. It will depend on a couple of factors. But, it does sound fun.
greenie
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 3 2009, 09:53 PM) *

There's not a chance I'll have my car done, but I may make the trip anyways.

Percentage of you making the trip ?( with or without bumber)
PanelBilly
50/50 I need to get my taxes figured and find out if April will be a month I enjoy or if I'm broke from paying on the government bailout. Just need to get the business accounting closed out to get the numbers to the cpa.

I could drive the Prelude I bought, ...oh yah, I took it apart already. Valve cover needed repainting so I pulled it off and sent it to be cleaned and the interior is out too. The hole thing needs paint and I need to strip off all the exterior trim to get that started. It is closer to being finished.
Eric_Shea
I might meet up with you whores... when are you leaving and we will you pass the I-80/I-5 junction? wink.gif

95%

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 3 2009, 08:26 PM) *

JRUST 95% (depending on his radiator) poke.gif

Hey I resemble that remark! WTF.gif

I also got a nice new Renegade radiator & my days of overheating are over dry.gif
Now be nice you stinkin green turd laugh.gif
Todd Enlund
I'd have to say I'm at about 20/80 right now. Money is tight. If I can get some photo or graphics gigs lined up before then...
Lou W
My girlfriend and I are definatley going, either taking my truck or her cherokee. We haven't finalized leave date, etc. but, curious to see what day time, etc. you guys will be driving through Roseburg, it may work for us. smile.gif
TC 914-8
I'm Leanin towards 20/80. I still have not seen any solid dates??? What activities other than track days at Willow is scheduled? . Anyone have a link to the official WCR09 page?
at 14mi/gal I need a trailer shades.gif

greenie
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 3 2009, 10:10 PM) *

I might meet up with you whores... when are you leaving and we will you pass the I-80/I-5 junction? wink.gif

95%

Click to view attachment

We thought you had a prior engagement? cheer.gif sheeplove.gif
mstein95
100% - count me in
Bleyseng
I am not going, gonna be getting back from a trip to Suriname a day or two before the event... bye1.gif

Have fun guys!
DNHunt
I'm in but, I'm taking the scenic route down the coast with my daughter. Probably 3 1/2 days down. I'll probably tag along on the way back.

Dave
6freak
If i do it will be trailered down and back..could be a support truck with tools and such ...Mr Greenie what do i get for my money .lol
Eric_Shea
We thought you had a prior engagement?

Not sure what that means... huh.gif lol3.gif

If i do it will be trailered down and back

aaron.gif

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
greenie
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 4 2009, 06:44 AM) *

If i do it will be trailered down and back..could be a support truck with tools and such ...Mr Greenie what do i get for my money .lol

I'm not the guy to ask... and it's "what do I get for my bones." smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 07:52 AM) *

We thought you had a prior engagement?

Not sure what that means... huh.gif lol3.gif

If i do it will be trailered down and back

aaron.gif

IPB Image

biggrin.gif

is that a picture of you Eric ...Damn your old...lmao........just need to save miles i just turn over 69K
SirAndy

Greenie 30/90

confused24.gif
rhodyguy
map quest is pretty optimistic. 1151 miles from tacoma to irvine and mq thinks it can be done in 18 hours. i don't think so. that's a 63.9 mph average not factoring in stops for fuel/food/comfort. biggest hassle on a thursday departure is you have to be thru pland prior to the commute or after it. stockton is a pretty full day's drive. leaving lancaster earlier in the day (at the lunch break) the drive to willows makes for a full second day drive to make it home. i can't drive the long stretches jeff h does anymore. southwest airlines and a rental looks pretty sweet. cheaper in the long run than a drive. we shall see.

k

greenie
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Greenie 30/90

confused24.gif

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Takes a German I guess.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 4 2009, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Greenie 30/90

confused24.gif

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Takes a German I guess.

I just took it as you wanting to go more than you knew you would be able... confused24.gif
effutuo101

11 hours from Everett to Sacramento (about 800 miles) plus gas/food stops
5.5 hours from Sacramento to Irvine (about 400 miles) plus gas/food stops

If depart time was 6am, it would be best to sleep in Sacramento and finish the next day so you hit LA off hours. I prefer a late night run through LA. Cool temps with low traffic. So, I would leave Sacramento by about 2pm. Get up, tighten bolts, check things out, have lunch on the delta with other 914 peeps in Sacto, and scoot.
My best was S.F to Culver City in 4 hours 15 minutes on Xmas day (including gas stops). I don't think that we will be going at that speed. My Uncle made the run from Sacramento to El Segundo (sp) in 4 hours flat.

Todd Enlund
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:44 PM) *

11 hours from Everett to Sacramento (about 800 miles) plus gas/food stops
5.5 hours from Sacramento to Irvine (about 400 miles) plus gas/food stops

You're talking about 73 mph average... that's pretty optimistic, especially for a convoy.

It's good to have goals biggrin.gif
dw914er
i might be cruising with you guys from central california, and have my dad meet with the 914 in irvine

so that last 5 hour stretch
914junkie
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Feb 3 2009, 10:17 PM) *

I'm Leanin towards 20/80. I still have not seen any solid dates??? What activities other than track days at Willow is scheduled? . Anyone have a link to the official WCR09 page?
at 14mi/gal I need a trailer shades.gif

I'm not driving my V8 down either for the same reason nor can I afford a major malfunction that far away from home so I'm driving the S2. You should drive the WRX down! idea.gif
JoeSharp
I'll post a thread on driving hints to help out on the traffic issues in L. A. Anyone arriving early can come to my house. PM me for the address.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 5 2009, 07:35 AM) *

I'll post a thread on driving hints to help out on the traffic issues in L. A. Anyone arriving early can come to my house. PM me for the address.

Well, The best tip for driving in LA-OC traffic is drive between 0500 to 0700, then stop and have a Margarita beer3.gif until 10Am to 2-230ish, then back on the horse. Til 300pm and 7pm have another margarita beer.gif , 7pm to 0500 back on the horse. I commuted from North of LA to OC for 5 years, the best way to beat the traffic is take the train, you can drink the whole way thru beerchug.gif .

It's Sequim, pronounced Skwim. chair.gif
effutuo101
agree.gif
I prefer to skip the whole 0500-0700 time frame. You can get stuck in some pretty strange area's. I prefer 21:00-04:00 personally.
But, If we have somebody who lives in North L.A or Thousand Oaks, we can stop there for a few hours and sample some real Carne Asada... smile.gif
If anybody is up for a real treat, we can cut over at Willows and shoot down the 101 and over to the 1 and have a bite in Malibu...hmm Maybe cut over further north and shoot down to San Luis.
JRust
I'm open to whatever. I changed my time off to a wed. 13th- tuesday 19th. So I need to be back to work on the 20th. Assuming in this economy I still have my job by then anyway dry.gif . I'm not to worried on that point yet though. I wish it was sooner as I am to dang stoked allready. aktion035.gif headbang.gif
slow914
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 6 2009, 01:04 PM) *

I'm open to whatever. I changed my time off to a wed. 13th- tuesday 19th. So I need to be back to work on the 20th. Assuming in this economy I still have my job by then anyway dry.gif . I'm not to worried on that point yet though. I wish it was sooner as I am to dang stoked allready. aktion035.gif headbang.gif

Uhhhh, I wish it was later as I have to much damned work still ahead of me

Hmmmm givin the beer3.gif situation what time will I be to work tomorrow idea.gif

chair.gif

BTW PROPS TO JON FOR THE BRAKES, my buddy is pumped for bout three years from now when he will get to try them out, his is the red one hahahah, I hadent noticed that my boss drove the orange one that is his t-ii and not the recipient of the R4-s
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(slow914 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Hmmmm givin the beer3.gif situation what time will I be to work tomorrow idea.gif

chair.gif

BTW PROPS TO JON FOR THE BRAKES, my buddy is pumped for bout three years from now when he will get to try them out, his is the red one hahahah, I hadent noticed that my boss drove the orange one that is his t-ii and not the recipient of the R4-s

laugh.gif The Tii looked nice. Maybe your friend should trade aktion035.gif
slow914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 6 2009, 10:19 PM) *

QUOTE(slow914 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:14 PM) *

chair.gif

laugh.gif The Tii looked nice. Maybe your friend should trade aktion035.gif

Well the tii needs a tranny, in all his parting of cars my buddy came up with a spare for him and will be running a 320i tranny himself, the tii dosent lend itself as well to the basterdization my buddy has planned if you know what im sayin

hopefully Ill be trying out my R4s' a bit before homeboy but you saw the car, a ways from being presentable, though that didnt stop me from drifting through the parking lot on the way in tonight shades.gif
6freak

Trailer parking at the motel??
Todd Enlund
In a bizarre blink.gif twist of events, it is looking very likely that I will be able to make it.
6freak
where is the official thread for this WCR09 thing confused24.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *

where is the official thread for this WCR09 thing confused24.gif

It's the big yellow one ten posts down!
greenie
I added 6freak & changed a few percentages.

Am I missing anyone?

Only three months away...
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 11 2009, 06:08 PM) *

I added 6freak & changed a few percentages.

Am I missing anyone?

Only three months away...

Good to see the numbers heading in a positive direction!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.