Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ron and Glens Bi-annual Flesh Roast,Swap Meat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JoeSharp
Once again it's time Boys and Girls, it's time for The Biannual Ron and Glen's Flesh Roast and Swap Meat. We missed Ron last fall and all of us were forced into tears because Ron was drenched up north. I'm sure we would not be able to see Ron in tears because of the constant rain. So as I was ordering some bushings from the PelicanKnight he related to me that he had cornered the elusive NARPster and forced him into divulging a date that we could do a Flesh Roast and Swap Meat at

2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, Ca. 92507

On the 26th of April 2009 From

7am till ????pm

For those in the know …….same place, same time.

Glen has asked me to provide my Chili and of course I said yes. Didn't want to incur the wrath of the 914 Gods.

The cost of this event is free. Though there is a requested donation of $5.00. And of course anyone not feeling completely generous will be severely BEATEN.
Don't forget that this is the BIGGEST 914 Swap Meat and Flesh Roast East of the Date Line. Even Paul makes the event on a regular basis.
craig downs
Cool
I'll be there IN MY 914 finally
sixnotfour
I saw some great deals at the supposed last one maybe ever, but a long straight through drive left me less than energetic to capitalize on the bargains. great event and sun.
May try and ditch the wife and I's anny and go to this.
Eric_Shea
I don't know man... the words Ron, Glenn, Bi, Swap, Flesh and Meat in one thread title has me feeling funny about this one. icon8.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 09:28 PM) *

I don't know man... the words Ron, Glenn, Bi, Swap, Flesh and Meat in one thread title has me feeling funny about this one. icon8.gif

WTF.gif And it's in CA!! agree.gif icon8.gif
Lou W
The calender is so noted. smile.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ Feb 4 2009, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 09:28 PM) *

WTF.gif And it's in CA!! agree.gif icon8.gif

Hey farm boys, we don't have that many sheep here. Gotta make do sheeplove.gif
Eric_Shea
Population - Discovery Bay, CA = 16,500
Population - Salt Lake City, UT = 1,200,000

I heard you had lots-o-Cougars there though, fish boy... ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 09:51 PM) *

LOTS of cougars. More bolt ons per capita than any where else I know! beerchug.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *

LOTS of cougars. More bolt ons per capita than any where else I know! beerchug.gif

4 & 2 legged cougars... av-943.gif I prefer the 2 legged ones my self, even though they are more vicious than the 4 legged ones... av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 4 2009, 08:23 PM) *

I saw some great deals at the supposed last one maybe ever, but a long straight through drive left me less than energetic to capitalize on the bargains. great event and sun.

Hey Jeff

I may be able grab some tickets if you want to fly down with me for this. In-laws work for Alaska Airlines. I guess we would need someone to pick us up but it could be fun for the day. Looks like if we fly into Onterio it is only 15-20 minutes away?

Ben said he could pick us up biggrin.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 4 2009, 08:23 PM) *

Hey Jeff

I may be able grab some tickets if you want to fly down with me for this. In-laws work for Alaska Airlines. I guess we would need someone to pick us up but it could be fun for the day. Looks like if we fly into Ontario it is only 15-20 minutes away?

onterio is pretty close

I will try to go

noted in my calender
dw914er
btw, If I go, I could probably pick you up from Ontario Int'l Jon
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Feb 4 2009, 11:51 PM) *

btw, If I go, I could probably pick you up from Ontario Int'l Jon

beerchug.gif
dw914er
i should be able to make it... as of now I don't see why I couldn't, soo 914 bbq and swap smile.gif

(my car needs some more attention anyways, the rsx has been hogging it all recently)
oldschool
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Once again it's time Boys and Girls, it's time for The Biannual Ron and Glen's Flesh Roast and Swap Meat. We missed Ron last fall and all of us were forced into tears because Ron was drenched up north. I'm sure we would not be able to see Ron in tears because of the constant rain. So as I was ordering some bushings from the PelicanKnight he related to me that he had cornered the elusive NARPster and forced him into divulging a date that we could do a Flesh Roast and Swap Meat at

2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, Ca. 92507

On the 26th of April 2009 From

7am till ????pm

For those in the know …….same place, same time.

Glen has asked me to provide my Chili and of course I said yes. Didn't want to incur the wrath of the 914 Gods.

The cost of this event is free. Though there is a requested donation of $5.00. And of course anyone not feeling completely generous will be severely BEATEN.
Don't forget that this is the BIGGEST 914 Swap Meat and Flesh Roast East of the Date Line. Even Paul makes the event on a regular basis.

sound's cool I'll be there. joe lets talk (t-shirts)
jim_hoyland
I'm in again. Clearly the biggest sources of 914 parts at reasonable prices in one place.
JoeSharp
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 5 2009, 01:13 AM) *

sound's cool I'll be there. joe lets talk (t-shirts)

Jamie: I'll try to call you later today.
So.Cal.914
Way too fun to miss...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2009, 08:28 PM) *

Where exactly does it make you feel funny? Can you touch the spot it feels funny in public without your Mom slapping you? sheeplove.gif
computers4kids
Sounds Great!! Joe, can you please tell the weather man "no wind." laugh.gif

Hey, I might even bring a 914 for the first time instead of a trunk full of parts for sale or free. Novel idea idea.gif

Will there be donuts?
Mark
Lou W
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 5 2009, 09:43 AM) *

Will there be donuts?
Mark

Reminds me of the words to that famous song "donuts make my brown eyes blue" dancinnanner.gif
RiqueMar
I'm sooooo there, I'll bring my Dad along as well.

Maaaaybe we will both have our cars done by then, look for 2 GT's, a Signal Orange and a GTI Grey
2-OH!
This thing is a hoot...I'm in...

2-OH!
Eric_Shea
Where exactly does it make you feel funny? Can you touch the spot it feels funny in public without your Mom slapping you?

Probably not the same place it makes you feel funny! ohmy.gif jerkit.gif

CD came today! Danke!! Any word on the tanks with Larry?

(sorry for the hijack)

Back on topic. If Slits wants to cover my air-fare, I'm in!

icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2009, 12:18 PM) *

Where exactly does it make you feel funny? Can you touch the spot it feels funny in public without your Mom slapping you?

(sorry for the hijack)

icon_bump.gif

Phone tag... I will try him again some time today.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2009, 12:18 PM) *

(sorry for the hijack)

icon_bump.gif

I may be able to get you a comp ticket too.... I'll look into it wink.gif

Have you ever flown nonrev before? It's not bad as long as there is room biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
I can fly stanby also, If you cant get on the flight its a real bummer.

I choose the all night drive personally
PeeGreen 914
Either way I would like to go. It would be fun to see some of the So Cal guys I have never met in person... as long as a certain somebody doesn't come blink.gif . My father-in-law does the maintenance sceduling for AA and can also chech the capacity for flight loads to see what the best flight is. I have actually never had to wait.
So.Cal.914
as long as a certain somebody doesn't come

Sorry Jon, I'll be there. biggrin.gif
johnnie5

1,200,000 huh? Yeah but 2/3rd's of that number are from another planet!

Got my tie rods today.... how do you say? Danke!
Hi-jack over
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 5 2009, 07:17 PM) *

as long as a certain somebody doesn't come

Sorry Jon, I'll be there. biggrin.gif

Oh... you not the ass who ripped me off to the tune of $6500 on the first 914 I ever bought wink.gif You're fine Paul beerchug.gif

This is all I am saying about this. If you really must know PM me and I will tell you but this thread is about a fun time. piratenanner.gif
JoeSharp
Just a remimder. piratenanner.gif I'll be bring the chili. Where is that farting smilie, oh worng board. w00t.gif
dlo914
Will most definitely be there! And with 914 apparel to sell smile.gif
KaptKaos
icon_bump.gif

sticky please?!?!?
jetboy
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 8 2009, 08:39 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

sticky please?!?!?

agree.gif

I checked the Events link here and didn't see it listed for April. I keep forgetting when this is gonna happen. I have a need to unload a parts car this might help me out idea.gif
jetboy
Just a bump for a reminder.
oldschool
QUOTE(jetboy @ Mar 18 2009, 10:16 AM) *

Just a bump for a reminder.

dlo whats the date?
am going to be a grandpa some time in April (around the 16-19) so I will travel to concord. let talk about the prints.
jetboy
icon_bump.gif for G&R Bi-annual on the 26th of April.
Gint
I lost this one for a while but now the Howie Highlight has been applied to the thread. April 26th eh? idea.gif
SLITS
APRIL 26TH

Will post directions and phone numbers and my usual trash for all before the event. All the usual suspects will be there. Need to clean up the parking lot too!
Joe Bob
If anyone is going AND is returning via 101 thru Ventura or Santa Barbara please get in touch with me.

I'd like a pick up please.....
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 25 2009, 06:33 AM) *

If anyone is going AND is returning via 101 thru Ventura or Santa Barbara please get in touch with me.

I'd like a pick up please.....

Your going right?
Joe Bob
Not planning on it....family commitments...

The pick up is a windscreen from Ron.....not an easy UPS shipment....
Slider
This is a fun event ... i wish i was gonna be in Cali for this one..
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 25 2009, 07:00 AM) *

Not planning on it....family commitments...

The pick up is a windscreen from Ron.....not an easy UPS shipment....

Bummer Mike, I was hopeing to talk graphic's with you. Maybe next time.

Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
Was gonna say you can always call me....but after THAT repost....
So.Cal.914
LOL biggrin.gif

Actually I did a new one. I like this better.
SLITS
That was Mikey at his absolute best .... asleep!
Joe Bob
It was a long drive and I had two hours sleep that day.....anyways....can anyone bring back a windscreen for me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.