Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: University of Ninefourteen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
dlo914
So it's been a while since i've last done any apparel for the 914 community.

So today i was chatting with Sendjonathanmail and he was like "you should so do a hoodie since most of the us are freezing our butts off this winter and could use some type of 914 winter apparel". He suggested a hoodie. So after some brainstorming i came up with the UNIVERSITY OF NINE-FOURTEEN hoodie idea. The whole idea collaborates our community's knowledge of the 914 and everyone of us is a student or professor to the University. Here's the design:

(please contribute any changes or color suggestions) Thanks!

IPB Image
IPB Image

As far has price goes i have not looked into it yet. But if i get enough interest i'll go to my previous printer to get a quote.
dlo914
throw out some ideas or a similar design you want me to emulate.
ahdoman
Daniel,
Did you ever look into doing the semi long sleeve shirts again (baseball practice jersey style)?
dlo914
I was thinking of doing a game jersey. Similar to the Dodger's button up white w/ blue pin striped shirt. And picture the Porsche914 script i used for the orange baseball shirt on there, but in blue n white. Lemme see if i can photoshop my idea really quick.
turnaround89
Could the hoodies be a different color, like an athletic grey? If so, count me in!!!
dlo914
i could do that. More..more ideas.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 4 2009, 10:18 PM) *

More..more ideas.

I'm a university dropout ...

idea.gif Andy
dlo914
no you're not...you're an alumni!
jonferns
Hey Dan, nice idea. Im interested in whatever color you guys decide on, just dont make it anything too funky laugh.gif
VaccaRabite
Most folks will probably think its a drug reference.
Zach
IronHillRestorations
Across the bottom, with the inverse arc of "University" add "School of Hard Knocks"
turnaround89
this may be a dumb question, but how is that a drug reference? confused24.gif

Are you going off the 4-20 idea?
VaccaRabite
^^^
Yup.
Most people will think of Mary Jane before they think of odd sports cars from the 70s. Its the first thing that came to my mind, and I knew what it was supposed to mean (and I don't even smoke).

Zach
736conver
What kind of hoodie. Looks kinds thin like an 8 ouncer.
Myself I like the heavy 12 oz hoodies.
dlo914
Sendjonathanmail - thanks buddy, got any suggestions?

Vacca Rabite - i could always add an image of a 914 below the NINE-FOURTEEN.

736conver - as far as the hoodie goes, that image i just pulled off of google and pasted on my design. so i haven't decided on a weight. i personally prefer a thick one, since i feel ripped off if it's a thin hoodie that won't keep you warm.

9146986 - so add a downwards arc saying "School of hard knocks" completing a full circle?
BKLA
Some ideas:

School of Kurven;

Masters Degree in NARP; minor in temporary elevated structures;

PHD in Unlimited Modification Possibilities

Masters in PORPO (pissing off "real" porsche owners)

Real Porsches are Air Cooled

Just some quickies that came to mind...
turnaround89
I like Real Porsche's are Air Cooled the most.

you could put the picture of the 914 underneath nine-fourteen and then that quote on the back, or something of that nature.

dlo914
Awesome ideas, i could use the old 914 design from the previous green shirt i made. And put a quote on the reverse side across the shoulder blades. The quote should be 914 specific, but i do like the "Real Porsche's are Air Cooled". The font would either be a bold lettering or a script.
ericread
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:52 AM) *

Vacca Rabite - i could always add an image of a 914 below the NINE-FOURTEEN.

I like that idea. Maybe just a silhouette of the 914? But if it's going to be an accurate portrayal of the people on this board, shouldn't you misspell "NINE FORTIEN"? biggrin.gif ; Or maybe spell nine-fourteen in german?
6freak

Maybe under the........ nine fourteen
1 its a n.a.r.p thing
2 its an aircooled thing
3 dont even ask
4 dont get me started
5 jackstands 101
6 money buys speed
7 piss`n off nine 11s one car at a time
8 property of 70-76
9 some 4s few6s
10 what corner

just wait there will be more soon

ericread
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2009, 01:51 PM) *

1 its a n.a.r.p thing
2 its an aircooled thing
3 dont even ask
4 dont get me started
5 jackstands 101
6 money buys speed
8 property of 70-76
9 some 4s few6s
10 what corner

chairfall.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2009, 04:51 PM) *

1 its a n.a.r.p thing
2 its an aircooled thing
3 dont even ask
4 dont get me started
5 jackstands 101
6 money buys speed
8 property of 70-76
9 some 4s few6s
10 what corner

11 No its not a damn drug reference...
12 Whaccha got?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I like all the ideas! " Real Porsches are Air Cooled" on the back with a

silhouette of a 914. Also howabout the 12 oz. and big sizes 3 x , for the portly

members here. Dave slap.gif
scotty b
914 done in the correct font, instead of spelling it out; and the sillouette accross the back
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:52 AM) *

9146986 - so add a downwards arc saying "School of hard knocks" completing a full circle?

Yea, that was my .02
dlo914
i was thinking of using this old silhouette i used for a previous t-shirt and below a quote that says "The Road Is Our Classroom".
IPB Image
jonferns
Dan dude I really like that idea. I like the 914 with the script on the back, big enough to see. Its simple yet makes a statement.
turnaround89
What about leaving the front as originally designed with "University of Nine-Fourteen" and then a quote on the back at the top of the hoodie and then the 914 image underneath the quote in the middle of the back
IPB Image

dlo914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Feb 5 2009, 06:21 PM) *

Dan dude I really like that idea. I like the 914 with the script on the back, big enough to see. Its simple yet makes a statement.

What script? So no "The Road Is Our Classroom" in a bold or cursive font? Along with the old green shirt silhouette.
ericread
Keep it simple. It's starting to sound pretty cluttered... sad.gif
mbrown3039
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 5 2009, 06:18 PM) *

i was thinking of using this old silhouette i used for a previous t-shirt and below a quote that says "The Road Is Our Classroom".
IPB Image

I like the idea of "914" being in numerals (rather than spelled out) and in 914-script. Also, how about "Class of XX" (XX = 70 - 76) on the back to indicate the year model the wearer owns? Would that much inventory be tough for you to manage?

If so, maybe there's a jacket idea here with additional patches available to indicate year, type of engine, etc...?
jonferns
What script? So no "The Road Is Our Classroom" in a bold or cursive font? Along with the old green shirt silhouette.

Im saying I definetly like the 914 logo that you used on the green shirt and I think that it would look great on the back of a hoody. If you were to use "the road is our classroom" I think it would greatly depend on what font you used.
6freak
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 5 2009, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2009, 04:51 PM) *

1 its a n.a.r.p thing
2 its an aircooled thing
3 dont even ask
4 dont get me started
5 jackstands 101
6 money buys speed
8 property of 70-76
9 some 4s few6s
10 what corner

11 No its not a damn drug reference...
12 Whaccha got?

#13 have tools will travel....lmao
#14 Metrics 101
#15 go topless
# 16 commoniwannaraceu
#17 live is a curve
#18 never lift
#19 gr8t apex
#20 mid engine madness
#21 mid-engine 101
so University of commoniwannraceu...and the cool green sweatshirt picture a few post up from here...Just ideas
tod914
Nice logo, how about on stands like some suggested
Click to view attachment
turnaround89
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Love the jackstands!!!!!!
dlo914
I might just do that...lol it could be our Mascot. av-943.gif
dlo914
How's this?

IPB Image

OR

IPB Image
dlo914
For the color of the sweater and print we can decide on that when it comes to it. Right now i wanna complete the concept of the design first.
Sleepin
I like the second one....in zipper hoodie of course! wink.gif
*kennyd*914
I always thought that the idea of a vented mesh back (or as they refer to it as vented yoke) with the porsche silk screened on it would look pretty cool? Similar to a golf jacket idea (air cooled)

Any tought on that?
scottb
second one, add the jackstands though!!

i would take a couple in a pull over style hoodie....
turnaround89
agree.gif

Gotta have the jackstands.

Kind of torn btw "the road is our classroom" and "real porsche's are air-cooled"

very slick looking!!! aktion035.gif
mbrown3039
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 6 2009, 11:59 PM) *

How's this?

IPB Image

OR

IPB Image

I vote for number two as well and also in a pull-over (hoodie or not). Also --grammatically speaking -- no quotes are needed, and I think they take the "punch" out of the words. Good job! beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
Brought over from ClubNARP

Click to view attachment
highways
Love the "Real Porsches are aircooled".

Definitely like the 914 monotone sillohette too.

hope to see some sweaters colors based off the paint code charts.
http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.htm

I'm not the number one fan of the university stuff. Prefer porsche fonts.

n'uff said.
dlo914
The thing with using "Real Porsche's are Air Cooled" is the whole copyright infringement issue. I don't wanna have any issues with using Porsche in the porsche font.
FourBlades

How about "Wearing out Jackstands Since 1970"

I like all the ideas so far, especially the 914 silouhette.

Whatever you come up with, I will take 2.

John
dlo914
would anyone happen to have a copy of Photoshop? i don't have PS installed on my laptop and i only have it on the desktop. Would be nice to work on this project from the comfort of my laptop.
914four
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 7 2009, 01:59 AM) *

How's this?

IPB Image

OR

IPB Image

The first one has a nice classy look to it. Very creative.
highways
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 7 2009, 06:48 PM) *

The thing with using "Real Porsche's are Air Cooled" is the whole copyright infringement issue. I don't wanna have any issues with using Porsche in the porsche font.

Ahh right. Sorry bout that.

Ok putting writers cap on... thinking.. thinking.. how about:

"Air Cooled Mid-Engine Madness"

or

"Air Cooled Mid- Engine Vroom Vroom"

or here we go....

"Performance Optimized Rally Super Car Hillclimber Extreme 914"

shades.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.