Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early door reasembly help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I've got the Haynes manual and I took the doors apart so I sort of know how to do this. But, can anybody give me a rough proceedure of door reassembly (i.e. - start with reattaching door lock, then install window lifter, etc.). Just the basic assembly steps is all I'm looking for; what goes in when.
ericread
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 4 2009, 08:55 PM) *

I've got the Haynes manual and I took the doors apart so I sort of know how to do this. But, can anybody give me a rough proceedure of door reassembly (i.e. - start with reattaching door lock, then install window lifter, etc.). Just the basic assembly steps is all I'm looking for; what goes in when.

Try this link:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=12454&hl=

Eric
ahdoman
Thanks Eric but that is for a late door and the lock rebuild. I'm looking to put an early door back together. Locks and handles are lubed and ready. I did the search and came up empty that's why I'm asking.
2-OH!
Mount door on car

Door Handle mechansim & lock

Tracks for window and fake vent window

Winder mechanism (after cleaning and heavy lube using 30wt oil) At this step, only use
Brad Penn...It's the only oil of choice...

Window glass (do not attach until after next step)

Rails for seals at top slot in door...Install fuzzy first, then install on car (good luck)

Lubicate squeege seal heavily with vinyl dressing and slide into track

Attach glass to winder mech..Operate ad Nauseum until working good...

Rail for door latch to inside handle...Be sure to insulate or it will rattle against door

Dynamat (or similar) instead of plastic for mositure barrier

Door panel

Handles & storage armrest

By the way, some people have been known to line in outer skin of the door with dynamat (or similar)
to help keep the noise down...Yea it adds a little weight, but makes it much quieter...And besides with
that giant six, ten pounds on a daily driver is nothing...
ericread
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 4 2009, 09:23 PM) *

Thanks Eric but that is for a late door and the lock rebuild. I'm looking to put an early door back together. Locks and handles are lubed and ready. I did the search and came up empty that's why I'm asking.

Sorry confused24.gif Just a thought...

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.