Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion & SWAP MEET
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
al weidman
Hey Rob, who makes that yellow body kit? Looks good, they recessed the targa top, lower profile works. sawzall-smiley.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(al weidman @ Mar 16 2009, 06:46 PM) *

Hey Rob, who makes that yellow body kit? Looks good, they recessed the targa top, lower profile works. sawzall-smiley.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

Don't laugh too hard Al, I hear somewhere that someone is making a CGT replica out of Boxsters. Nah! The "other" Porsche pics are to emphasize that this is a Porsche event, not just a 914 event. shades.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET! Bring the gang! Even the stores in the mall are offering specials. Cosmo Unlimited - cuts hair, there is a dog groomer, a manicure/pedicure place... Oh, and a donut shop... chowtime.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET! icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
Rob...seems like there's a lot of people coming to this, think we'll have enough space?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 18 2009, 09:29 AM) *

Rob...seems like there's a lot of people coming to this, think we'll have enough space?

We have the big grassy corner plus the area we usually park in. I am thinking if people bring big trucks to haul there stuff we can have them park at the church across the street to free up room. If this is as big as you and I think it is, next year it will be at Niello. Already have permission!
strawman
I'll be bringing a set of 15x7 Fake Fuchs (Brett, still interested?), sideshift setup (trans, starter, shift linkage, engine bar, etc.), 914 4-bolt front suspension, 1969 911 hubs for rear 5-bolt conversion, 914 axles/CVs, and some other leftover stuff that might fit into my Subaru wagon. And, of course, a big hunger for donuts!
Geoff
ConeDodger
Just FYI, I spoke with the owner of the Cosmo Unlimited Hair shop today. She plans on setting up a table and selling her shampoo and hair products at a discount... Name brand stuff like Paul Mitchell and sheat like that... Also, my kid and his friend will be picking the 2000 lemons on my lemon trees and making lemonade... They will have table selling that and I am not bragging when I tell you that my lemons are famous. I have guys from work who actually call and beg to come and pick some... beer3.gif
JRust
Hey anyone near Albany coming to the Sac reunion/swap meet? I've got a set of wheels I bought from Chung. He's going to be in LA that weekend. If anyone is close & could maybe pick them up before hand. Then bring them to the meet that would be killer. smile.gif Happy to compensate for your time confused24.gif please popcorn[1].gif If not I can pick them up at his place. Just hoping to save the trip if possible
ConeDodger

The excitement is building... Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET!
biosurfer1
Goeff,

I thought the tires were decent on the fake Fuch's, but it looks like they are not so I'm going to pass...you should still bring them though.
ConeDodger

Just over a week until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET and the excitement is building. People are coming from all over! Be there and get something you need and get rid of what you don't!
ConeDodger

Only one week to go before the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET! The excitement is building. My PM's are filling up! What will you bring? And more importantly, what will you bring home? happy11.gif
ssstikircr
How about some Sunday events for the guys that work on Sats... Just a thought.
beer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Mar 21 2009, 11:16 AM) *

How about some Sunday events for the guys that work on Sats... Just a thought.
beer.gif

I have kind of left Sunday to the EuroSunday guys... But duly noted!
ConeDodger

Less than one week till the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET! I hope you guys are coming because I suffered through 5 glasses of lemonade yesterday while Nicho fine tuned his recipe! I expect more of that today as he went from bland to too sweet... Still more tuning to go. blink.gif
ConeDodger

Five days and a wake up until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET! What will you bring???
old9one4
I am coming from Sunnyvale in my delivery truck, 15 ft box van.

Parts include 1.7 ltr motor, 2 sets 2.0 heads, 1.7 FI complete, Weber carb parts, fiberglass rear deck lid with integral spoiler, large remote oil cooler, and more.

I have room for more plus 1 passenger, help with gas would be appreciated.

Also available to truck your purchases back to Bay Area , help with gas would be appreciated.

Nelson
ConeDodger

Slidin' in to home plate here! What are you bringing? See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET!
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
jcd914
I plan to make the long trek from my humble home to Family doughnuts Saturday morning. I figure I will have to start early considering the travel time required, probably going to take me 5 minutes to cover the 1.3 miles.

What type of stuff should I bring top a swap meet?
I have quite a few bit & pieces I can bring over.
1 Set FG GT flares
1 Pair GT Racing FG Rear quarter panels
2 Pair 2.0L Heat Exchangers
1 Pair (maybe 2) of Round OE fog lights
2.0L engine sheet metal (most of it powder coated)
1 set of 1.8L P&Cs for a 1.7L engine (93mm that fit 1.7 heads)
1.8L crank, case & cam (assembled core bottom end)
Several core cylinder heads
71 4cyl front struts (bare no inserts)
An odd selection of trim pieces
A Steering column
Early 67-68 SWB 911 rear banana arms
4cyl Fuchs wheels

Any requests?

See ya all Saturday !!
Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:20 PM) *

I plan to make the long trek from my humble home to Family doughnuts Saturday morning. I figure I will have to start early considering the travel time required, probably going to take me 5 minutes to cover the 1.3 miles.

What type of stuff should I bring top a swap meet?
I have quite a few bit & pieces I can bring over.
1 Set FG GT flares
1 Pair GT Racing FG Rear quarter panels
2 Pair 2.0L Heat Exchangers
1 Pair (maybe 2) of Round OE fog lights
2.0L engine sheet metal (most of it powder coated)
1 set of 1.8L P&Cs for a 1.7L engine (93mm that fit 1.7 heads)
1.8L crank, case & cam (assembled core bottom end)
Several core cylinder heads
71 4cyl front struts (bare no inserts)
An odd selection of trim pieces
A Steering column
Early 67-68 SWB 911 rear banana arms
4cyl Fuchs wheels

Any requests?

See ya all Saturday !!
Jim

Jim! You have even more of a stash than I thought! See you there!!!
ConeDodger

Only three days to go! Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET!
biosurfer1
Jim,

I might have to take some of those 2.0 heat exchangers off your hands.

There are a lot more people coming than I thought would be there...I need to make sure I get there early for a good spot...

is there going to be reserved spots for regulars?smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 25 2009, 06:46 AM) *

Jim,

I might have to take some of those 2.0 heat exchangers off your hands.

There are a lot more people coming than I thought would be there...I need to make sure I get there early for a good spot...

is there going to be reserved spots for regulars?smile.gif

Brett,
Maybe come down the night before and tent stake down a tarp?
The donut shop actually opens at about 6:30am but A the owner is there from about 4am... So getting there early is certainly an option. He and I have talked about reserving the parking around the perimeter of the grassy area for Porsche event only but that would take a lot of fuchin with people. The only thing I know for sure is that the hair salon is going to have a table with her little girls selling shampoo and hair product and as she owns two businesses in the strip mall I would say she gets first pick. Nicho is planning on setting up his lemonade stand. The spots closest to the donut shop might seem the best but actually first thing in the morning you will have the sun in your eyes until noonish...

Everyone be sure to buy some coffee and a donut or two! This place puts up with us clogging there parking lot so they ought to at least see a bump in business!
Heeltoe914
Is this event posted to PCA members and on the bird board as well? I was thinking to make the trip but I am not sure if you are promoting it only to the 914 guys here? It’s a good 6-hour drive so I need to get and idea on parts to bring up if I go.

How many seller do you think the grass area will hold?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Mar 25 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Is this event posted to PCA members and on the bird board as well? I was thinking to make the trip but I am not sure if you are promoting it only to the 914 guys here? It’s a good 6-hour drive so I need to get and idea on parts to bring up if I go.

How many seller do you think the grass area will hold?

Leamon,
This is an all Porsche event. It has been announced at SVR PCA events but is not officially a PCA event. I have it posted on the bird in 911 and 914, on Rennlist in 911, 914, and 944/924. The Carrera GT guys don't tend to go to swap meets.
I would say the grassy area can accomodate 30 guys and we can also use the parking area. As I said, set up then move your car to the church or to the vacant laundromat accross the street.
I can't make people come but it has been cross posted to the other lists. Not all inclusive but it has had lots of exposure.
Heeltoe914
Thanks for the info I am going to make an effort to get up there. Great job putting this together, should be allot of fun.

You have a great collection of Car photos. Happy Motoring.
JRust
I may have missed it but what is the street address? Will GPS it when I get close. Thanks
biosurfer1
9045 Fair Oaks Dr.
Citrus Heights
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 25 2009, 07:41 PM) *

9045 Fair Oaks Dr.
Citrus Heights

I think it is actually Fair Oaks...
biosurfer1
You're right
jcd914
Stopped by Ron's shop (IPB-Autosport) on the way home, he figures he has some stuff I can bring to the swap meet. I'm going go down there on Friday and rummage thru the storage containers and see what I can find. Pat thinks I can fill my truck up.

Who knows what's stashed away down there.

Jim

ConeDodger

Day after tomorrow! You guys ready? Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET...
Heeltoe914
Parts I can bring if someone needs show interest:

2.0 heads one 73 the other is 75 pair $280.
Monza exhausts 4 tip for 2.0L like new $80
One 4 tip Exhaust for 911 or 914-6 $75
One 4 tip 75 Exhaust $75
Chassis stiff kit/ and box trailing arm kit both $100
944 turbo / 930 brakes 3.5 bolting $250
2.0 burcsh? Type exhaust $75
914-6 or 911 burcsh type exhaust. $75
All exhaust are clean with no wholes or lecks. Just need a cleaning. No rust moving inside on any of them
Heeltoe914
more
biosurfer1
You don't have any headers hiding in that shop anywhere do you?
Heeltoe914
Well I do butt; happy11.gif

NFS Sorry

Thanks for asking. biggrin.gif
JRust
Okay I am I'll have a decent load of parts as I listed earlier. I also have a nice yellow front trunk lid off a 76 if someone needs one ( I won't bring it unless someone wants it $50). Also a Corbeau racing seat. Lots of misc great parts everyone needs biggrin.gif of course they probably have the same stuff sitting in their garage dry.gif

Anyway I've got room if anyone has anything they want me to bring down. I also hope to have plenty of room coming back. Glad to help with parts transport on my way either way.

Better not flippin rain hissyfit.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 26 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Okay I am I'll have a decent load of parts as I listed earlier. I also have a nice yellow front trunk lid off a 76 if someone needs one ( I won't bring it unless someone wants it $50). Also a Corbeau racing seat. Lots of misc great parts everyone needs biggrin.gif of course they probably have the same stuff sitting in their garage dry.gif

Anyway I've got room if anyone has anything they want me to bring down. I also hope to have plenty of room coming back. Glad to help with parts transport on my way either way.

Better not flippin rain hissyfit.gif

47 low, 72 high with not a cloud in the sky is the forecast.
ConeDodger

Ok guys! Nothin' to do but wake up and go! Tomorrow is the day. The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + SWAP MEET is just a day away! See you there...
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
what time you going to get there Rob?

I'm thinking 8 to setup and then relax in the deli until the start
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 27 2009, 01:24 PM) *

what time you going to get there Rob?

I'm thinking 8 to setup and then relax in the deli until the start

Official start is 9am. I would imagine people will set up earlier. I have very little to do as I am not bringing much. I will have Nicho there selling lemonade and a couple things. I will be mostly taking pictures and making sure people have a place to park. I would say 0830 will be show time for me.
Heeltoe914
Anyone like to suggest a few nice things to do while my girl & I are in Sacramento.

I was thinking to take my lady to see the Capitol or is there a great walking area that we must see? Anything fun after the swap? We also love old buildings and architecture.
LarryR
I know I said I was coming... but that was months ago and I forgot we are going to Hawaii tomorrow ...

So Aloha, Mahalo and hope everyone finds what they are looking for.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Mar 27 2009, 07:03 PM) *

Anyone like to suggest a few nice things to do while my girl & I are in Sacramento.

I was thinking to take my lady to see the Capitol or is there a great walking area that we must see? Anything fun after the swap? We also love old buildings and architecture.

Leamon,
Sorry to respond so late. Take her down to the area called Old Sacramento. It is the original city on the river. Preserved old buildings. There is a nice restaurant or two down there and a comedy club. Hope this isn't too late for you. Besides the Capitol which is a great tour, there is also the Crocker Art Museum within a block or two. All of these areas are within walking distance of each other. See you in the morning.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 27 2009, 07:12 PM) *

I know I said I was coming... but that was months ago and I forgot we are going to Hawaii tomorrow ...

So Aloha, Mahalo and hope everyone finds what they are looking for.

Larry,
While I will miss you... I hate you. Enjoy for all of us buddy!
JRust
Allright well I am at the Motel 6 in Woodland. I think that is 20 minutes out give or take 10 minutes. As long as no one jacks my ride tonight all is looking good. One heads up my father in law came along for the ride. He has been through a few strokes & his speech is not great. He does like to talk though. So if you come by be prepared. He's a great guy you just might not understand him. See you all in the morning biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 27 2009, 08:19 PM) *

Allright well I am at the Motel 6 in Woodland. I think that is 20 minutes out give or take 10 minutes. As long as no one jacks my ride tonight all is looking good. One heads up my father in law came along for the ride. He has been through a few strokes & his speech is not great. He does like to talk though. So if you come by be prepared. He's a great guy you just might not understand him. See you all in the morning biggrin.gif

Jamie,
Woodland is more like 30 minutes, possibly 45. Fair Oaks is on the fashionable East side of Sacramento. But no big deal. We get there when we do and stay until we leave. Let's have some fun... I am actually going to drive my 914 tomorrow. I might even take a picture of it away from the garbage cans... Take that Bovey! poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.