Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Rebuilt peddle cluster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ConeDodger
One rebuilt peddle cluster set. Ready to bolt in and solve your sticking brake peddle problem. $125.00 + shipping
ConeDodger
Pics for the visually challenged blatently stolen from the files of Eric Shea who supplied the parts for this rebuild...
number6
I'll take it!

Please let me know total w/ shipping to 97209.

-duc
ConeDodger
QUOTE(number6 @ Feb 10 2009, 03:19 PM) *

I'll take it!

Please let me know total w/ shipping to 97209.

-duc

duc,
It should be about $15.00 for a total of $140 You can paypal me at robsime@comcast.net
number6
Silly question, Rob, but I just want to confirm: Pedal clusters are interchangeable between the /6 and /4 cars, no?

Thanks!

-duc
Heeltoe914
No it dose not have the Choke tab that the 6 has if I am not mistaken.
pilothyer
Rob...I am standing in line in the event duc has to pass on this item........Jerry
number6
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Feb 10 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Rob...I am standing in line in the event duc has to pass on this item........Jerry

If the cluster won't work in a /6, I'll have to pass. Am digging around to confirm the choke tab.

-duc
ConeDodger
Leamon is correct. The 6 peddle clusters had a hand throttle tab at the throttle peddle area. If you are putting this on a 6 conversion, you are unlikely to ever find a 6 peddle cluster for sale. Remember, there were only 3400 or so 6 cylinders produced. If you have a 6, use your cluster and have it rebuilt.
Using the 4 peddle cluster means you will have no hand throttle and will have to warm the engine with your right foot... driving.gif
number6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 10 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Leamon is correct. The 6 peddle clusters had a hand throttle tab at the throttle peddle area. If you are putting this on a 6 conversion, you are unlikely to ever find a 6 peddle cluster for sale. Remember, there were only 3400 or so 6 cylinders produced. If you have a 6, use your cluster and have it rebuilt.
Using the 4 peddle cluster means you will have no hand throttle and will have to warm the engine with your right foot... driving.gif

Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Since you already have Jerry waiting in line, I'll pass, just because the /6 project I'm buying comes complete, so I should rebuild the original cluster with proper hand throttle tab. Might as well do it right. Sorry for jumping the gun early.

-duc
bdstone914
QUOTE(number6 @ Feb 10 2009, 05:13 PM) *

Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Since you already have Jerry waiting in line, I'll pass, just because the /6 project I'm buying comes complete, so I should rebuild the original cluster with proper hand throttle tab. Might as well do it right. Sorry for jumping the gun early.

-duc

The choke tab is on the accelerator crank that is easily swapped over. Remove the small cotter pin and swap them over. The rest of the pedal cluster is the same.
Rob,
Is that one that Eric did when he was rebuilding pedal clusters?
Bruce
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *

-duc

The choke tab is on the accelerator crank that is easily swapped over. Remove the small cotter pin and swap them over. The rest of the pedal cluster is the same.
Rob,
Bruce

I forget. I got one set of parts from you and one from Eric. One is black powdercoat the other is plated. Either way the plated one is the one for sale.

By the way, I would trade you about 5 core sets for one with the hardware for a hand throttle. I have the actual hand throttle...
PeeGreen 914
I wish I had the money to get this. It looks sooooo purty. Makes my cluster look so bland.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 10 2009, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *

-duc

Rob,
Bruce

I forget. I got one set of parts from you and one from Eric. One is black powdercoat the other is plated. Either way the plated one is the one for sale.

By the way, I would trade you about 5 core sets for one with the hardware for a hand throttle. I have the actual hand throttle...

Rob,

I may be able to fab one for you. I am rebuild a 914-6 set and could copy the throlttle tab from the one I have. It is a simple tab welded to the accelerator crank.
BTW AA shows the part available for $90. Yeah I know I would n't pay that either.
Bruce
PeeGreen 914
If you do I would love to get one as well. I have been wanting to do this to my car for some time. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 11 2009, 10:15 AM) *

If you do I would love to get one as well. I have been wanting to do this to my car for some time. beerchug.gif

Remember, the hand throttle is separate from the tab that goes on the peddle cluster. You need a lot more hardware before you have cold throttle control of your idle.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Feb 10 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Jerry,
Duc has withdrawn. You are up. paypal $140.00 to robsime@comcast.net and I will get it on the way.
pilothyer
Pay Pal Sent............Thanks..........Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.