Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will This Work???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
This appears to be a very cool tool... The ad text says vw type1,2,3 - but not type4. Is there a reason type4 isn't listed???
I e'mailed chris@vwalley.com - but I haven't had a reply.
Check it out...
http://www.vwalley.com/
McMark
I assume you're talking about the case splitter, there's a lot of tools on that page. The hole in a type 1 case is different than a type 4. Someone should make one, but that one won't work.
Air_Cooled_Nut
IPB Image

I HATE it when web sites have music on them! mad.gif STUPID STUPID STUPID stfu.gif
d7n7master
Sorry. I tried to upload a pic of the ENGINE SUPPORT FOR FLOORJACK but it didn't work. How 'bout now?
McMark
The oil pan area is different. It might hold it but it won't be a tight, secure fit.
d7n7master
Thanks. Is there something similar for us? (914er's)
I'm doing this engine swap by-my-self & I'm not gettin'any younger... unsure.gif + this engine will be temp until I watch Jake's video about 100 times. Then I'm doin' this again.
beerchug.gif
McMark
That type of fixture wouldn't work well for an engine drop in our cars anyway because the transmission comes with it. Just place the jack under the tab at the back of the engine. It's usually fairly balanced there. Best is to get everything unhooked except the four bolts holding the engine/transmission mounts and then get a buddy to help for 15 minutes while you actually lower it to the floor.
Aaron Cox
i actually used the case splitter. seemed to work fine smile.gif
TimT
hey how do you change the "quote" on you member status?

somehow I got made into a "914 guru"

but marc is burger # etc... Aaron is nekkid Jenny is woman etc..
Aaron Cox
go to "my contorls", then "edit profile"....

nekkid boy!
TimT
LOL ok Aaron... found it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.