Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right Front locking up before everything else
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
These are new to me front struts with vented rotors and M calipers I think. Anyway there are only about a hundred miles on them I think. I'm not giving you much info I know but, any ideas will help.

Dave
turboman808
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 11 2009, 02:54 PM) *

These are new to me front struts with vented rotors and M calipers I think. Anyway there are only about a hundred miles on them I think. I'm not giving you much info I know but, any ideas will help.

Dave

I had the same problem on another car and it turned out the other front brake had air in the line.
melnyk
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 11 2009, 06:00 PM) *

Dave

I had the same problem on another car and it turned out the other front brake had air in the line.
that would be my guess
Eric_Shea
Sticking piston?
Bad rubber line?

If there's air in the system the pedal will be spongy.
Joe Ricard
Spring rates, corner wieght bias Good shocks as in no skipping spots in it range of motion.
J P Stein
I have found that a few 1/16 dia air bubbles will cause this with no softness of the pedal....but it pulls that way first. My S calipers are a bitch to bleed properly.
It's been known to take 2-3 runs at it with a couple days between bleedings.
DNHunt
Well, it turned out to be bad seals. The caliper was leaking around the pistons.
DNHunt
Replaced the seals and dust boots and cleaned things up. Re-bled the brakes and I'll try it when the 40 day flood stops.
messix
um ya that'll be about july 5th
KELTY360
Does this mean the engine is all back together and you're just about ready to be on the road again?
DNHunt
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 1 2009, 03:13 PM) *

Does this mean the engine is all back together and you're just about ready to be on the road again?

Yep, I've been driving it near home for a while, terrorizing highway 16 and generally pissing off people. I'm ticking off the things on my check list. Oil leakes have been a bitc( to fix but, I think I have it dry now. I'm getting it aligned and cornerbalanced Wednesday, tires Thursday. If the brakes are cured I'll be up for longer drives. The goal is about 1500 miles before WCR.

Dave
6freak
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 2 2009, 06:24 AM) *

Yep, I've been driving it near home for a while, terrorizing highway 16 and generally pissing off people. I'm ticking off the things on my check list. Oil leakes have been a bitc( to fix but, I think I have it dry now. I'm getting it aligned and cornerbalanced Wednesday, tires Thursday. If the brakes are cured I'll be up for longer drives. The goal is about 1500 miles before WCR.

Dave

Nice work Dave! smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 2 2009, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 2 2009, 06:24 AM) *

Dave

Nice work Dave! smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
DNHunt
After I got the caliper rebuilt, I still had a bit of a leak from the hard line into the caliper. I replaced the hard line and now all is good. The car stops straight.

My punch list is getting shorter. I have some gas fumes in the car, so I need to check the lines from the tank to the hard lines. It also could be from cutting the line to the charcoal cannister (charcoal cannister went bye bye). Also, I can't get enough fuel to tune WOT so I suspect that my fuel filter is clogged. I suppose it could be related to the fuel smell too. Anyway, for a couple of days I'll be driving a creeper instead of a teener.

When I get those two items, it's just put miles on it before the trip to LaLa and WCR. Yahoo!

Dave
Gary
Great to see Dave. Looks like you're getting close.
rhodyguy
when was the last time you inspected the strainer sock in the tank? as clean as mike's(6freak) tank was, his strainer was smooshed flat and grossly dirty. i bet he picks up 15 hp with a clean one.

k
ConeDodger

Dave

See a dentist and have your bite checked lol-2.gif

Sorry... I know, I'm an asshat...
Tom
Dave,
Good to hear you have it back on the road. Hope to catch up to you some time at Bremerton this spring or summer.
Tom
dinomium
hey, Dave did you put in those strut bearings you got from me at Walkers? Just curious...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.