Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 944/ 914 CV axles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I did the Sir Andy axles and just finished getting everything together. They won't go into my car for a few weeks but they are ready.
piratenanner.gif

First picture is all the parts and tools I used. The black tool, for those of you who have not seen this before, is a tool for crimping the CV clamps.
maf914
Jon, Looks good.

Okay, now give us the parts breakdown. And what output shafts are needed on the transmission? Thanks.
PeeGreen 914
Directly from Andy's thread:

two new 914 rear wheel bearings
four new 944 100mm 6-bolt CV joints including mounting bolts, boots and grease
two 911 ('75 - '79) 100mm 6-bolt coarse spline transmission output shafts
two output shaft seals
two 911 ('75 - '79) 100mm 6-bolt stub axles
four 911 100mm CV gaskets
two 911 ('69 - '73?) hubs, must have same bearing surface width as the 914 hubs
access to a lathe

The output flanges seem to actually be 76-79.
jimkelly
is there a solution for using 944 cv's but keeping everything else 914 - for a 4 lug cv enhancement?
PeeGreen 914
So for those that chose to do this you may want to get bolts that are a hair longer than the ones that come with the 944 CVs. It would appear the 911 flanges are a bit stouter than the 944 and a 5mm longer bolt gives that much more piece of mind. beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
Those are pretty sweet Jon!
maf914
Thanks for the parts list, Jon. This thread needs to be saved.
PeeGreen 914
Check out the the classics. There is a thread in there done by Andy and he is very descriptive in his work with what he did. You could merge this thread with that but it really doesn't need to be in there alone since their is one that was more thorough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.