Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JP's 914 Event
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Seagrave
Thanks JP, for hosting a nice event. There were a total of 10 914's there, more than I've seen at one place and one time in some years. It was especially nice to see the van provided for a club member. What a great group of people. Thanks again. clap56.gif
Seagrave
Here's another photo of some of the cars at the event...
Bleyseng
the keys
Bleyseng
the hug
Bleyseng
klhldsf
Bleyseng
lkjdlkf
Bleyseng
jdlksj
seanery
looks like a tight fit. ohmy.gif
Bleyseng
sticker shock
Bleyseng
JP and
Bleyseng
Kevin smoking a joint he got from Dave
seanery
Hey Karl,

Can you write a follow-up letter to Excellence? Maybe send a link to this page.
Bleyseng
Took us about 15 minutes to figure out how to use the lift and then get Dave and chair into the Van. Needs a poptop.

Geoff
GaroldShaffer
GREAT JOB EVERYONE. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
It does my heart good to see that Dave
and family have their van.

I am really proud of this club! pray.gif

- Garold
Seagrave
Here's another including Craig's six with some phat tires. There's seven 914's in this photo.
campbellcj
I'm bummed I couldn't make it up for the event, but very very happy to see that The Van finally made it to Dave! smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif mueba.gif GREAT JOB to all involved in the Van Saga! pray.gif I know it was frustrating and emotional at times...but the Club prevailed
aktion035.gif

About all I got done on this rainy SoCal day was -- unfortunately no 914 content -- prepared for 3 almost back-to-back trips back east to the cold and snow, and I CUT MY HAIR. (Well, technically somebody did it for me.)

I didn't go as extreme as Dave D; it still qualifies as fairly long...can barely make a pony tail...but at least 8" was lopped off! So far, I don't miss it. It was time. I might go way shorter for summer (90-110° around here).
Bruce Allert
It was a great turn out. Glad I was there. The van couldn't be given to Dave without one more FOPAH tho! Would you believe it locked itself with the keys still in it???
Bruce Allert
here's the van being washed
Varick did a great job!
Bruce Allert
Then we found out Brad & Lyressa had a baby on the way up!
Bruce Allert
this is just a few of the people that made it. The day was nice so a lot were outside lookin at the cars.
Bruce Allert
Dave's Happy! beerchug.gif
Bruce Allert
needed some scholors to figure oout how to operate the lift. Someone got the brite idea to RTFM! laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
Daves first time inside clap56.gif
Bruce Allert
and the end of the van saga has come to fruition smilie_pokal.gif
Dave, Korijo & kids are headed home in their new van clap56.gif boldblue.gif beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
I very happy fpr you Dave & Korijo. smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
Dave really is a tight fit but it works. Seeing the smile on Kori and Dave's faces when they drove away was a special moment. Special thanks to everyone that worked so hard on this. I don't know everyone that worked to make this happen but I think you're special people pray.gif

Dave
Sammy
I have to say it makes me proud that I know you people. If karma is real, you all have some good things in store for you. Even Brad clap56.gif
Curvie Roadlover
smilie_pokal.gif
Looks like a great time. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
... and thanks to those that bought stickers. you other 1300 or more people that have not, should do so. that's going to be the only way to make me stop mentioning them in EVERY thread!!!

kevin
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Feb 21 2004, 10:19 PM)
Dave's Happy! beerchug.gif

daves wheels almost look like fuchs
Malmz
Dave or anybody else. PM me Daves address, he needs a "There is no substitute" sticker for the van...

sm
seanery
dun
Eric Taylor
Wow that is really cool. I wish I could have goon. Dave sure look's happy. How did brad get home?
Eric
boxstr
:Brad is staying at JPs until he can get a ride home.
CCL
Dave_Darling
I also wish I'd been able to go. But there was just no way... sad.gif

I'm proud to be a part of the Van effort--thanks very much for the pics of the results!

--DD
Jeroen
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

So glad the Van finally made it "home"
Thanks 2 Brad and all others involved to get it there
I love this community and am proud to be part of it...
Thanks for posting the pics

Dave / Kori, many safe and happy miles with the new Van!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
Seagrave
I've gotta coupla' photos more to add. Tom Wilkinson has a beautiful silver six. One of the more striking features are the annodized wheels. Check this out.
Seagrave
Here's one of JP's gold nugget. He and Brad were busy trying to jimmy the lock on the Vanagon. You guys would never make it in Compton. The shop was empty so I took advantage of the time to snap this photo.
Seagrave
Here's a shot of the back of Craig's car. Man...those are some wide wheels.
Seagrave
Here's another...yellow was the popular color of the day.
Seagrave
...and one final photo, lotsa' teens.
Jeroen
Funny, I don't think I've never seen a pic of JP's car with all 4 wheels on the ground biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Doug Leggins
Great... Fantastic... Wonderful.

The van has been quite a saga. Thankfully through its duration and now conclusion it is the kind of story that we can talk about with great pride. This group done very, very good.

Special thanks to those of you that had the sticktoittiveness to get it done. I'm glad to be associated to such a great bunch of folks.

Dave and family - Enjoy!
Bleyseng
Jeroen, I have never seen JP car run! (except with a 4 banger)
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 22 2004, 08:42 PM)
Jeroen, I have never seen JP car run! (except with a 4 banger)

I rode in it once at an AX in Portland. Its nice.
(this responce was paid for in full by the "Lets pretend JP has a running 914" foundation)
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Feb 22 2004, 09:01 PM)

I rode in it once at an AX in Portland. Its nice.
(this responce was paid for in full by the "Lets pretend JP has a running 914" foundation)

You boys are pretty damn funny. I'm gonna have to outta my way & have the ulf whupp youz both like a dog in the street.....soon as it's runnin' wink.gif

March 14 is the ECD......Jeroen....if you're keeping track again this year.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 22 2004, 05:24 PM)
Funny, I don't think I've never seen a pic of JP's car with all 4 wheels on the ground biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

OH Ya... there's a few of'm with all 4 feet on da ground! Some with smoke come'n outta'da tars from too much slippage wink.gif

........b
boxstr
Bruce Allert was kind enough to supply myself and a few others with a CD from November 9 2003, Rainbonnet Drivers Education and Autocross day at Portland International Raceway.
The CD is complete with pictures and movies of JP and his ULF, Jim Chambers and his Road and Race car, and me in the black Boxster.
The weather was great and it was a really fun day at the track.
Thanks Bruce.
CCLINCAMP914
GWN7
Was that an AX event?

Or one of those knock down as many cones as you can type? smile.gif
Bruce Allert
You're welcome Craig, glad you enjoyed the CD.

As for the Knock down as many cones event... ya, some of us just get a kick outta see'n the help scurry to stand the cones back up before the next car come thru laugh.gif Actually the layed down cones in the pic are directionals for those of us that can't see what way to go for all the cones rolleyes.gif lol3.gif

.........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.