Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Am I alone in really hating this new thread format?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I tend to try to read through most responses to a thread to eliminate duplicate content. However, with this new format one needs to click on every freakin response in the chain.

To me it seems that the new format makes the forum almost unusable? So I figured that I would throw this out there in case a little feedback might make it go back to the way it was.

beerchug.gif
LarryR
HA! It looks like if I use IE instead of firefox it looks the way I expect it to look with no change. Does this mean that firefox pushed out a patch that breaks 914world?
URY914
New format?
SirAndy
QUOTE(LarryR @ Feb 17 2009, 08:25 AM) *

I tend to try to read through most responses to a thread to eliminate duplicate content. However, with this new format one needs to click on every freakin response in the chain.

To me it seems that the new format makes the forum almost unusable? So I figured that I would throw this out there in case a little feedback might make it go back to the way it was.

beerchug.gif

What new format?

Me thinks you may have changed your view settings to "Outline".
Click on the "Options" button in the top right hand corner and select "Standard" and your view should be back to normal ...
shades.gif Andy
URY914
I use Firefox at home and IE at work and the site looks the same.
VaccaRabite
You accidentally clicked a board setting that took you to a different format. Perhaps you hit "lofi format" at the bottom of the page. or Options at the top left (should be standard).

I use fire fox and everyhting is peachy.

Zach
LarryR
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 17 2009, 08:30 AM) *

beerchug.gif

What new format?

Me thinks you may have changed your view settings to "Outline".
Click on the "Options" button in the top right hand corner and select "Standard" and your view should be back to normal ...
shades.gif Andy

Hi Andy,

I have not changed any settings. On the same computer if I view through firefox browser it comes up in outline. If I view through IE it looks normal. I will just use IE on 914world ...

Larry
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 17 2009, 08:31 AM) *

I use fire fox and everyhting is peachy.

agree.gif Peachy indeed ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(LarryR @ Feb 17 2009, 08:32 AM) *

I have not changed any settings. On the same computer if I view through firefox browser it comes up in outline. If I view through IE it looks normal. I will just use IE on 914world ...

Double check your settings in Firefox and make sure it's on "Standard" ...
type.gif Andy

PS: I'm posting this with Firefox and my view is as it should be.
LarryR
Hmm. It looks like I must have done exactly that.... Seems that maybe firefox writes a cookie to a separate location than IE. I changed the view on firefox and now it works.

piratenanner.gif I was worried some new look had been rolled out. Glad to find out that it was just a mis click on my part.
ericread
I really like the new format blink.gif

Especially the mustard yellow backgrounds aktion035.gif
Zimms
You may be talking about the outline setting for threads. Hit the options box at the start (top right) of the thread and change it back to standard.
turboman808
What I have had happen is someone post a link to another thread and there setting are set funky and it changes mine to their format. Thats probably what happened.
underthetire

beerchug.gif

Firefox-looks different
Exploder-same as its always been
computers4kids
I use Firefox with the Explorer rendering plugin...best of all worlds! piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
Am I alone in really hating this new thread format?

yes biggrin.gif
LarryR
Darn computers type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.