Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brake hose removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
parrish911
I discovered I have leaking rear brake hoses on my '73. They are original. I have replacements ready to install, but have been struggling with breaking loose the connection furthest from the rear caliper. This connection is vertical and just under the sheet metal separating the top and bottom of the engine.

Anyone have any tricks or advice on how best to break the connection? I did purchase flared nut wrenches, but there is not much elbow room to generate the torque needed.

Help.

Steve
Kansas 914
QUOTE(parrish911 @ Feb 20 2009, 03:07 PM) *

I discovered I have leaking rear brake hoses on my '73. They are original. I have replacements ready to install, but have been struggling with breaking loose the connection furthest from the rear caliper. This connection is vertical and just under the sheet metal separating the top and bottom of the engine.

Anyone have any tricks or advice on how best to break the connection? I did purchase flared nut wrenches, but there is not much elbow room to generate the torque needed.

Help.

Steve

Since your hose is "hosed" - just cut it off near the upper fitting and use a socket.

A tip I learned from Eric Shea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.