Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: starting trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jea69
need some help here , my car dont start , its a 70 1,7 d jet. at first when i turned the key to on ,everything powers up ,lights ,pump etc, the car fired up ,but when i released the key it just died , this happened a couple of times, now it wont start at all, (starter motor ,pump n light works). i suspected the starter switch , but when i pulled the plugs to check they were dry. there is no triggernoise from the cold start injector when i move the trottle . is this starterswitch related confused24.gif do the injectors loose power due to a faulty switch ?
Jeffs9146
Put the car in neutral, turn the key on and use the screwdriver trick to jump the starter under the car. If it starts then it is probably the switch or a bad ground. Check all of your grounds and the voltage/condition of the battery.

Switch & Solinoid Problem
swl
really sounds like the ignition switch. consistent with your symptoms. could also be the relay board. A little hunting with a voltmeter will tell the story. Start with the ignition coil and work backwards.
dkjens
WOW, a '70 914 has survived in Norway. Sorry, just blew my mind.
jea69
QUOTE(swl @ Feb 22 2009, 06:22 PM) *

really sounds like the ignition switch. consistent with your symptoms. could also be the relay board. A little hunting with a voltmeter will tell the story. Start with the ignition coil and work backwards.

thanks ,will do that , ill replace the switch also ,if it aint broken will be soon annyway biggrin.gif

with 4 feet of snow outside ,i aint going anywere soon dry.gif
jea69
QUOTE(dkjens @ Feb 22 2009, 06:24 PM) *

WOW, a '70 914 has survived in Norway. Sorry, just blew my mind.

yea this is the last one ,the rest of them have been eaten by polar bears chowtime.gif
ericread
Isn't it the middle of winter in Norway and about 100 degrees below zero right now? Are you expecting it to start?????

beerchug.gif
jea69
QUOTE(ericread @ Feb 22 2009, 07:42 PM) *

Isn't it the middle of winter in Norway and about 100 degrees below zero right now? Are you expecting it to start?????

beerchug.gif

guess your right , tomorrow i vil fire up my reindeers going to work biggrin.gif

people shouldent be living here exept in summertime smile.gif

btw found the problem : it was a bad relay , the one feeding the injection power.

thanks all for guiding me to the solution. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.