Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: late 914 odometer trip reset
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
My 75 trip reset is hanging under the dash and doesn't have any kind of knob or end on it. It does function properly but it is just basically a threaded rod, hanging by the cable. Where is the stock mounting place for it and what type of knob/end does it have? idea.gif

Lightly circled in pic
Joe Bob
Spin it....
johnnie5
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 22 2009, 02:57 PM) *

Spin it....

???????? blink.gif ????????
Joe Bob
Grasp the cable between your thumb and forefinger...spin it like a pencil.

If the cable is seated in the back of the gauge AND the odometer still works, it will roll the 3 digits until they all hit equal numbers and eventually all zeros will turn up.
southernmost914
You used to have A/C. That is the extention you have circled. biggrin.gif I can find no part # for the missing knob.
Steve
johnnie5
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Feb 22 2009, 03:07 PM) *

You used to have A/C. That is the extention you have circled. biggrin.gif I can find no part # for the missing knob.
Steve

Thanks Steve, that makes sense. I did have A/C and have since deleted the lower dash with the vents. So this extension somehow obviously fastened to that lower dash. I guess at this point I am going to wing it and custom mount it somehow and find some kind of knob/fastener for the end to operate it. I would still like to know what the stock factory application is...
904svo
There's a mounting hole on the bottom of the dash under the cigarette lighter
thats where it mounts.
southernmost914
The extendtion mounts with a set screw and yes there is the original mounting hole you will see under the dash. Cut the extendtion short and use it has the knob and to hold it in its original mounting hole/bracket. Just a thought bye1.gif

Steve
charliew
My 75 has it sticking through the front of the dash to the right of the steering column. My car also had ac.
Racer
A/C was a dealer installed accesory. Therefore, how the "dealer" handled the trip odometer cable may vary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.