Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Vote Here!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Feb 27 2009, 05:52 AM) *

A vote for #1 is a vote for the following: a 1973 4 cyl car, was a 1.7, then a 2.0, then a turbo 2.0, and is being re-built with some Jake forged goodies and a set of Len's heads to play with more PSI. Panasports for street, Keizers for autocross, its an autocross terror on 205's. I kinda like the narrow/stock body. A little more sleeper-ish. Suspension had been thru 3 generations of change of spring rates, sway bars, corner balance, and alignment to add a razors edge to the already sharp handling of the 914. The turbo system is run by SDS efi, (the car is now featured on their project page) twin ITB's, upgraded fuel system from the pump to the injectors, top mount intercooler, remote turbo system (12psi) and oil system, all designed, fabricated, and installed by me. And all well hidden. Sleeper style. I had a guy ask me at Road America before a track lapping session if the big thing between the webers was the air cleaner... right. The only thing I've not re-built myself is the trans. The project links are in my sig. Oddly enough, the first 3 of the vin are the first 3 of my ss#. Automotive karma?

Funny story about the purchase. I was in Kansas some 17 yrs ago, found the car, called my wife of less than a year to suggest a purchase. OK, beg for a purchase. She "advised" me this was the single worst idea she had ever heard. Newly married, bought a house, she's in a new town looking for a job, why would I even consider this. So. Being newly married and not fully aware of the consequences, I called by dad, borrowed the $2200 to purchase it, he drove down w/his pick up, rented a Uhaul trailer, and brought it back to his place. Great plan, until Nancy came with me to visit dad one weekend, put 1 + 1 togather, and dad and I were busted. I found out asking for forgiveness when permission had failed was not the best plan. After changing my address to: "sofa city" for a bit, she got over it, and now is a strong supporter of "Yellow Car" and its mission to crush all others in SM2.

Just a few more pics: The car at the GRM booth at Road America last year, the car and owner at the "Austin Powers Auto Cross", and one more at an event, pre turbo, running DSP. Thanks for your consideration.

You got my vote. Real type IV with a turbo. assimilate.gif
degreeoff
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 1 2009, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 1 2009, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 28 2009, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 27 2009, 02:24 PM) *

I belive he is reffering to my wife wink.gif

So thats how a guy gets nominated.......I'll have to work on it for the next round.... idea.gif

Oh no! Yopu just read this and wonders why my car hasn't been nominated! I have to put better pics of my wife out there for you guys I guess!

beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif and more and better pictures of your car wink.gif

Awww shucks! Just trying to be humble I guess.....after I detail it and do my engine retorque + valve adjust I will shoot some then. No one has seen with its #'s and cool stickers!
ConeDodger
I have to say, that conda green car is hot! No wonder this is turning into a runaway ass-kicking!
ottox914
How about some more love for the 4 cyl cars?

While I to can respect a OEM 6, or a swapped 6, and can drool over a car with an interesting history, I can't own one. Outta my $$$ range.

But I can MAKE a little history with the story of my own 4 cyl adventures.

I like to see a little self expression in 914 ownership. Turbo subie- go for it, 928 V8, sweet, 944 roof panel, inspired. (chappy's car, way over the top) Stir some emotion. To restore one is great, but to break from the factory blueprint and take your own road- better, so far as I'm concerned. Love it or hate it, the reasonable entry cost of our little cars will allow for some good old fashioned shade tree modifications.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Mar 1 2009, 05:47 PM) *

While I to can respect a OEM 6, or a swapped 6, and can drool over a car with an interesting history, I can't own one. Outta my $$$ range.

But I can MAKE a little history with the story of my own 4 cyl adventures.

I like to see a little self expression in 914 ownership. Turbo subie- go for it, 928 V8, sweet, 944 roof panel, inspired. (chappy's car, way over the top) Stir some emotion. To restore one is great, but to break from the factory blueprint and take your own road- better, so far as I'm concerned. Love it or hate it, the reasonable entry cost of our little cars will allow for some good old fashioned shade tree modifications.

agree.gif The reason I was attracted to David's car (#1) in the first place is the fact that he has done what people say cannot be done. His install is so clean it looks factory.
dw914er
David... there's a saying in the import tuner group

Boost gets you laid!... I love your car

this was a great race
PeeGreen 914
I really have to say the Conda Green is such a killer color and the car is sweet. biggrin.gif I always thought the gulf blue with phoenix trim was my favorite but I may be going more to the green cars these days.
horizontally-opposed
I like five out of five here and LOVE four out of five, but had to vote for the green six, which is insanely cool for its period hotrod touches. Maybe that's why I strongly prefer it on the 15x7Rs, though...

In any event, please forward the others on to future rounds, but not against each other! smile.gif

pete
Walter
David,

You got my vote hands down as a turbo charged 4 banger is so much more unique than a 6!
Sixes are sóóóó 2008 biggrin.gif

Plus a 914 2.0 turbo has so much more potential and of the very few that have been build, yours is by far the most neatly executed one and a very nice car to boot.
Totally underdog/sleeper car. Very impressive beerchug.gif

bcheney
The blue one got my vote...this is one unique ride...cool roof and an exhaust note that makes you scream for more!
Gint
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Mar 1 2009, 06:47 PM) *

You got my vote David FWIW.

In the offroad world (and probably elsewhere too, but...) there's a saying amongst the Jeep crowd especially...

Click to view attachment
ottox914
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 3 2009, 05:34 AM) *

In the offroad world (and probably elsewhere too, but...) there's a saying amongst the Jeep crowd especially...

Click to view attachment

Thanks for your support- Lets get some more of the build it yourself 4 cyl guys stepping up here...

(how much longer do we have to catch that darn green 6 cyl car...)
carr914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Mar 3 2009, 10:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I don't think that Jon, Tom, you & I will catch the Conda Green car in our lifetime.
I'm willing to concede. That car is Fuching Gorgous. smiley_notworthy.gif

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 3 2009, 07:52 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I don't think that Jon, Tom, you & I will catch the Conda Green car in our lifetime.

T.C.

agree.gif I need to win the lotto and buy it biggrin.gif

Wait idea.gif Doesn't that mean I would need to buy a ticket? confused24.gif blink.gif
HaraldD
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 3 2009, 10:59 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 3 2009, 07:52 AM) *

Click to view attachment

T.C.

agree.gif I need to win the lotto and buy it biggrin.gif

Wait idea.gif Doesn't that mean I would need to buy a ticket? confused24.gif blink.gif

Hello!
Thank you all for your compliment`s.... wub.gif
Whant to take a ride? driving.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQPzcw1oac

Click to view attachment
6freak

SHWING shades.gif ......B E A UTIFUL
ottox914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Mar 1 2009, 09:43 PM) *

David... there's a saying in the import tuner group

Boost gets you laid!... I love your car

True story: I had a Focus ZX-3 S2 package car. Of course, I turbo'd it when everyone said you couldn't- the static CR was to high, the timing curve to fast, blah blah blah. So my wife and I are coming home from a ski race, and pull up to a DQ to get a couple hot dogs and malts for the ride home. I pull up to the window, and the cute blonde jail bait window wench says something like "ooooooooo I just LOVE the Focus". My car was, as the 914 is, a sleeper. No wings, graphics, just a dyno'd 198 at the wheels. It did have a little bit of a pipe on it, more of a growl than a fart can. So I tip the rt foot a little, and give her some rpm's. (note: my wife is in the shotgun seat just shaking her head...) The window wench leans her head out the window, sticks it in the car, sees the boost gauge bouncing, and says "oooooooo and its gota turbo. I Loovveee turbos". The look she gave me for just that one second told me that if I wasn't so married she'd be in that car with me and her dad would be looking for me the next AM with a shot gun and police officer, and if I wasn't shot I'd be getting from some large inmate what I'm thinking of giving her...

Oh, and vote early and often- support your local yellow 914. Cuz we all know: YPAF.
McMark
CONGRATULATIONS HARALD! Our newest COTM!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.