2.IPB Image

3.IPB Image

4.IPB Image

5.IPB Image
RoadGlue
It's hard to vote without knowing each cars specs. I protest! tongue.gif
PeeGreen 914
Since I am still up I will give you the specs on mine biggrin.gif

The car is a Phoenix red 74 914-6 conversion.

Enigine: 2.4l that will be going under the knife any day now. Just making it a little better for autocross than it is Patrick mount. Triad exhaust.

Transmission: Stock 1&2, M3, S4, ZD5th (for highway driving). Guard TB diff. Rennshift shifter and Patrick motorsports linkage and bushings. Patrick simi solid mounts.

Suspension: '78 911 5-lug with 22mm hollow tortion bars. 24mm Tarret front anti-sway. Rear monoball Tarret strut mount. Weltmeister camber plates the Koni yellows. 220lb rear springs. All Elephant poly bronze bushings (Made the car feel completely different). Turbo tierods.

Interior: Gutted and Rhino lined. Recaro seat sliders with Sparco seats and belts (actually Schroth belts) . Engman pedals and pedal board. Engman inner kit.

Brakes: 911 S fronts and 911 M rears with 911 e-brake (not yet functional). 19mm master with JWest proportion valve in the cockpit.

For those that vote for it thanks I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.
PeeGreen 914
Hmmm.... repost sad.gif Move along.... nothing to see here biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 26 2009, 11:20 PM) *

I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.

90% of the work yourself Jon? Thank God for that fire extinguisher poke.gif lol-2.gif

Seriously, Very nice car... Good luck buddy! Come to think of it, I have done about 90% of the work on mine too... Did you buy that extinguisher online?
carr914
Info on my car (car #3);

1976 914-6 Conversion with a Steel-Roof (purchased fron Dan Root, who crafted the Root-Roof - like one of the 914-8s)

Engine - 2.5 litre, torquey little bitch - headers into Mega-Phones = LOUD

Scheel seats, partial backpad, 911 console, 911 guages w/ trim rings.

15 x 8&9 Fuchs with RSR finish.

Thanks for the Votes,

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ottox914
A vote for #1 is a vote for the following: a 1973 4 cyl car, was a 1.7, then a 2.0, then a turbo 2.0, and is being re-built with some Jake forged goodies and a set of Len's heads to play with more PSI. Panasports for street, Keizers for autocross, its an autocross terror on 205's. I kinda like the narrow/stock body. A little more sleeper-ish. Suspension had been thru 3 generations of change of spring rates, sway bars, corner balance, and alignment to add a razors edge to the already sharp handling of the 914. The turbo system is run by SDS efi, (the car is now featured on their project page) twin ITB's, upgraded fuel system from the pump to the injectors, top mount intercooler, remote turbo system (12psi) and oil system, all designed, fabricated, and installed by me. And all well hidden. Sleeper style. I had a guy ask me at Road America before a track lapping session if the big thing between the webers was the air cleaner... right. The only thing I've not re-built myself is the trans. The project links are in my sig. Oddly enough, the first 3 of the vin are the first 3 of my ss#. Automotive karma?

Funny story about the purchase. I was in Kansas some 17 yrs ago, found the car, called my wife of less than a year to suggest a purchase. OK, beg for a purchase. She "advised" me this was the single worst idea she had ever heard. Newly married, bought a house, she's in a new town looking for a job, why would I even consider this. So. Being newly married and not fully aware of the consequences, I called by dad, borrowed the $2200 to purchase it, he drove down w/his pick up, rented a Uhaul trailer, and brought it back to his place. Great plan, until Nancy came with me to visit dad one weekend, put 1 + 1 togather, and dad and I were busted. I found out asking for forgiveness when permission had failed was not the best plan. After changing my address to: "sofa city" for a bit, she got over it, and now is a strong supporter of "Yellow Car" and its mission to crush all others in SM2.

Just a few more pics: The car at the GRM booth at Road America last year, the car and owner at the "Austin Powers Auto Cross", and one more at an event, pre turbo, running DSP. Thanks for your consideration.
6freak
Factory stock 6 gets my vote every time ....sorry jon I was for you tell i seen the green machine
ConeDodger
I think I have pics of the #1 turbo machine in my stash here...
carr914
What happened to the Votes? Earlier there were more votes, I know my car had 4 votes, now there is only 1. Do we have a hanging chad thing going on here? confused24.gif

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif confused24.gif Last night when I went to bed I had 6 and now have 3?

That green car drooley.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 27 2009, 08:13 AM) *

agree.gif confused24.gif Last night when I went to bed I had 6 and now have 3?

That green car drooley.gif

We have former President Bush's Election Committee working behind the scenes to make sure everything goes.... smoothly, yes that's it!

Who owns the #5 green car? Are they even a member here?
championgt1
I nominated car #5. It belongs to member HaraldD.

Gustl had some good info on the history of the car.

Conda green! drooley.gif wub.gif

Edit:

Here is what Gustl had to say.

I second this one

it's the ex-car of Gerd Quist, race driver from the Max Moritz Racing Team
condagreen, LSD, 7x15 R-rims, 27mm spacers, ~ 185 PS

it was stored away for about 30 years and got a soft-restoration somewhen in 2005/06 (or so)

absolutely cool car !!!

PeeGreen 914
I don't know but it sure is purty drooley.gif

Here's more pics of #2 aktion035.gif
McMark
I added the blue subie car at the request of the unfinished green car's owner who would rather get the car finished before he runs for COTM.
PeeGreen 914
But what happened to the votes from last night? confused24.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 26 2009, 11:19 PM) *

Enigine: 2.4l that will be going under the knife any day now. Just making it a little better for autocross than it is Patrick mount. Triad exhaust.

Transmission: Stock 1&2, M3, S4, ZD5th (for highway driving). Guard TB diff. Rennshift shifter and Patrick motorsports linkage and bushings. Patrick simi solid mounts.

Suspension: '78 911 5-lug with 22mm hollow tortion bars. 24mm Tarret front anti-sway. Rear monoball Tarret strut mount. Weltmeister camber plates the Koni yellows. 220lb rear springs. All Elephant poly bronze bushings (Made the car feel completely different). Turbo tierods.

Interior: Gutted and Rhino lined. Recaro seat sliders with Sparco seats and belts (actually Schroth belts) . Engman pedals and pedal board. Engman inner kit.

Brakes: 911 S fronts and 911 M rears with 911 e-brake (not yet functional). 19mm master with JWest proportion valve in the cockpit.

For those that vote for it thanks I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.

Not just a pretty face. Nice Car.
PanelBilly
I've decided that I can't make my mind up purely on the information gathered. The contestants will need to deliver their cars to my shop for evaluation and testing. I can't just be giving my vote away.

6freak
That green car just takes the cake smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 27 2009, 03:20 PM) *

But what happened to the votes from last night? confused24.gif

agree.gif The Candidates need to know, before we call for a re-count smilie_flagge6.gif
6freak
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 26 2009, 11:19 PM) *

Not just a pretty face. Nice Car.

WTF.gif blink.gif You say`n Jon`s pretty icon8.gif...lmao
PeeGreen 914
I belive he is reffering to my wife wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2009, 11:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 26 2009, 11:20 PM) *

I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.

90% of the work yourself Jon? Thank God for that fire extinguisher poke.gif lol-2.gif

Seriously, Very nice car... Good luck buddy! Come to think of it, I have done about 90% of the work on mine too... Did you buy that extinguisher online?

Hey mad.gif , I just read that. laugh.gif Yeah, I bought the extinguisher from Paragon. I keep it in my car because of other peoples cars happy11.gif
Lavanaut
Maaaan tough call this month. There are way better pics of car #4 out there that I've seen, maybe they'll show up here. That green six has been on my desktop for like 6 months, I simply never grow tired of looking at it. Hmmm...hmmm...

I accept beer bribes if anyone really wants my vote. biggrin.gif
plymouth37
You got my vote Jon! Amazing car.
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
carreraguy
Thanks for the nomination Duc!
Plenty of pics/details on my blog link below. Sorry I can't post more but my desktop Mac is dead so I'm on iPhone now !
Tom
Rav914
Big fan of your car Tom. Love the color combo and the wheels. Looks great!
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif I love the blue with Phoenix accents. Three of the 914s up there are my top three favorite colors on a 914 aktion035.gif . Too bad I only have one of them. I'll have to work on that piratenanner.gif
HaraldD
Click to view attachment

Hello!
Thank you for taking me in COTM Thread!
Here are some informations i postet a time ago:

The Car is the "Privat Car" of Gerd Quist, Driver of the Max Moritz Racing Team back in the 70`s. It has the Colour Conda Green, it is the Colour of the Race Cars from the Team. It is the only one who left The Company in this Colour. He bought it in 1970, drive it for two years. After the Car arrived in Reutlingen, they take the Engine (Original 110 HP) and build it up to a 2.0 S Engine with "S" Cams, Forged Rockers, Alu/Nicasil Zylinders. The Carburators are also build up to "S" Specifications, with 34mm inlet an other Nozzles (Specifications of Rallye Engine), so the Engine have about 185 HP. They also put the Ultarar 7x15 Fuchs Alloy`s of the 911R with 27mm Spacer on it (Set of 4!). The Car have also a Slip Diff. and an Original Engine Lid of the 914-6 GT. After the 2 Years Ownership of Gerd Quist, another one buy it, but he never drive`s it at Wintertime. 1977 Max Moritz/Reutlingen bought it back, then it been stored away with 58000 Km on it. I buy the Car in 2004, out of the Garage. I make a "soft" Resauration, with new Paint and overhaulin all the little pieces...
All the Seals are from 1970 (except the one of the Front and the 2 of the Bumpers), the lights also....
If you want more informations - please Contact me.

Thank`s for voting!

Harald
PeeGreen 914
More pictures please drooley.gif
dw914er
I love jon's car obviously (since I nominated it)

and the gulf blue with orange car is amazing (had it as a screensaver)

and the green........ thing is clean

tough race smile.gif (people have way to nice of 914's biggrin.gif)
HaraldD
Hello!
Ok -here we go!... blink.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
HaraldD
More: blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Harald your car is amazing, beautiful. smilie_pokal.gif
SGB
This is tough. That turbo install looks factory perfect, TC's cool-roof, pheonix's six, the gulf-porsche subie is so right it had me too, but now the Max Moritz car... oh oh oh chair.gif oh
zx-niner
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Feb 28 2009, 10:25 AM) *

Green is not my favorite 914 color but I love this car! You have my vote.
ChicagoPete
Harald, What is the stamp on your horn button?? You have what looks like a "double wrapped" GT wheel and horn button, but the button is stamped with something besides the Porsche crest?

That is something I have never seen...

Peter
Gustl
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Feb 28 2009, 10:32 PM) *

Harald, What is the stamp on your horn button?? You have what looks like a "double wrapped" GT wheel and horn button, but the button is stamped with something besides the Porsche crest?

That is something I have never seen...

that's because it's a unique EMPI prototype horn button smile.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
MDG
Harald, beautiful car; fantastic history! smilie_pokal.gif

cheers, m.

Pat Garvey
Sorry boys & girls, but #5 is the closest to originality. Yes, it has "pooched" rear fenders. Yes, it has incorrect wheels (&tires). Yes, it has a front splitter (which I forgive). But it the onlt 914 in the group that is even remotely original.

Don't mean to offend, but the 914 of the month should at least approximate originality or have major history. MO
degreeoff
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 27 2009, 02:24 PM) *

So thats how a guy gets nominated.......I'll have to work on it for the next round.... idea.gif
HaraldD
Hello
it`s right that it has "pooched" Fenders and a front Splitter...
The fenders are made for the Wheels Max Moritz put on (911R) and the splitter is also mounted by Max Moritz - and everything`s made back in 1970.
The Wheels - i have some 944 Turbo 16" Fuchs restord to 70`s Look. Sometimes i drive the 16" - sometimes i drive the 15" (with 27mm spacers).. driving.gif
Thanks for looking! wub.gif

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 28 2009, 05:48 PM) *

Sorry boys & girls, but #5 is the closest to originality. Yes, it has "pooched" rear fenders. Yes, it has incorrect wheels (&tires). Yes, it has a front splitter (which I forgive). But it the onlt 914 in the group that is even remotely original.

Don't mean to offend, but the 914 of the month should at least approximate originality or have major history. MO

ConeDodger
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 28 2009, 05:58 PM) *

So thats how a guy gets nominated.......I'll have to work on it for the next round.... idea.gif

Oh no! Yopu just read this and wonders why my car hasn't been nominated! I have to put better pics of my wife out there for you guys I guess!
charliew
I'm just a observer and don't know much about porsche history because I always thought they were out of my price range of practical use. I've also felt that way about corvettes.
It does seem that there are many fine examples of the 914 and maybe there should be classes to put each type in. There will never be that many exact originals so those might be in a class all their own. Maybe one day there will be different classes to show how the car has morphed over the changing times to try to keep up with new technology.

The only way a car can remain original is to not use it and keep it in a very safe place and just admire it.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 1 2009, 08:29 AM) *

Oh no! Yopu just read this and wonders why my car hasn't been nominated! I have to put better pics of my wife out there for you guys I guess!

beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif and more and better pictures of your car wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 1 2009, 08:31 AM) *

The only way a car can remain original is to not use it and keep it in a very safe place and just admire it.

and to me that's just boring wacko.gif

I preffer modified 914's or real 6's. I enjoy seeing 911's get beat by our little cars beerchug.gif I admire a nice true stock 914-4 but I wouldn't want to own one.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 1 2009, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 1 2009, 08:29 AM) *

beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif and more and better pictures of your car wink.gif

I will have you know Jon - I have some of the finest garbage cans the county provides! biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yes, I have seen them dry.gif But I wish to see your car and not the cans biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 28 2009, 05:48 PM) *

I would not expect anything less from the Chief Concours Weenie! ;0)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.