Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supra motor in my porche?!?!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Madsupra88
Whatsup guys

Im just throwing some ideas around on what to do with the porche.

i have a fully built supra motor (inline 6) i was wondering if it would be possible to fit that in the 914?

You guys know a hole lot more then me on this porche so any help would be appreciated.

-saif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Madsupra88 @ Mar 3 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Whatsup guys

Im just throwing some ideas around on what to do with the porche.

i have a fully built supra motor (inline 6) i was wondering if it would be possible to fit that in the 914?

You guys know a hole lot more then me on this porche so any help would be appreciated.

-saif

My wild guess would be that a inline /6 is too long to fit unless you plan to do some major cutting and welding.

Also, i'm not sure why you would want a motor on your Porch in the first place, but you said it already had a hole?
poke.gif Andy
smontanaro
QUOTE(Madsupra88 @ Mar 3 2009, 11:21 AM) *
You guys know a hole lot more then me ...

"hole" being the operative keyword. You'll almost certainly need a big hole somewhere to get that long motor into a teener. In fact, unless you want the hole in the firewall so you can get all cuddly with it, I suspect you might need to stretch the wheelbase. I think there is a good reason that most early 6 conversions where either 911 motors or Buick V6s...

Hmmm... Why aren't V6 conversions popular anymore?

Skip
Madsupra88
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 3 2009, 10:25 AM) *

"hole" being the operative keyword. You'll almost certainly need a big hole somewhere to get that long motor into a teener. In fact, unless you want the hole in the firewall so you can get all cuddly with it, I suspect you might need to stretch the wheelbase. I think there is a good reason that most early 6 conversions where either 911 motors or Buick V6s...

Skip

Hah i was just tinkering with the idea a little bit, im not trying to do heavy modification, so i guess its out of the question.

I guess ill throw in the stroked 383.

thanks guys

-saif
RJMII
a stroked 383 isn't something that requires heavy modifications?
LarryR
QUOTE(Madsupra88 @ Mar 3 2009, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 3 2009, 10:25 AM) *

Skip

Hah i was just tinkering with the idea a little bit, im not trying to do heavy modification, so i guess its out of the question.

I guess ill throw in the stroked 383.

thanks guys

-saif

lol-2.gif why in the world would you need that much of a torque beast in a 914? BTW the 901 was never meant to hold up to 500 ft lb of torque...

for that much grunt you need a beefy trans like a 930 box (not cheap and even more expensive to make it work in a 914) You will need to stiffen the chasis, You will need to stop the monster, you will need huge rubber on the ground... on and on...

I think a big v8 done right is somewhere in the neighborhood of 30K ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 3 2009, 07:05 PM) *

agree.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 3 2009, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 3 2009, 07:05 PM) *

agree.gif

you guys mean the whole conversion for $30K, not just the engine, right?

cuz I can build a 500HP/500ft-lb 383 for under $10K completely streetable with a hyd roller cam on pump gas, probably carb to pan, fired up on the dyno for around $8K with killer aftermarket cylinder heads and so forth. I have only $10K in my engine carb to pan, everything needed to fire on the dyno including shaft mount rockers and a belt drive, etc overkill items for a 500HP 383.
SirAndy
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Mar 4 2009, 12:32 AM) *

you guys mean the whole conversion for $30K, not just the engine, right?

"for that much grunt you need a beefy trans like a 930 box (not cheap and even more expensive to make it work in a 914) You will need to stiffen the chasis, You will need to stop the monster, you will need huge rubber on the ground... on and on..."

So yes, if done right, for the whole conversion. Pretty much the same for a big /6. Once you get into the 300HP+ range, there's all sorts of more or less expensive things you are going to want to add ...
shades.gif Andy
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 3 2009, 01:25 PM) *

Probably because you still have to do just as much plumbing and adapter stuff, and cheap plentiful V8s fit fine. If there were more cheap powerful 60º V6s it might be a different story, but I just can't see going to all that work just to put in a 90º V6 that will never run right...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.