Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey 914/6 real or conversion guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I'm in the process of putting a 2.7CIS into my car. I have a set of original 914/6 HE's. Can somebody post a couple of pics of how and where you mounted the blower motor? I'm also trying to figure out what to do with the 911 HE feed off the fan. Does somebody make a blockoff plate? I'm trying to either eliminate or figure out what to do with the part of the cowling circled here...

Click to view attachment
note; please don't post a copy of the PET page. I've seen it and it does me no good.
carr914
I don't ever use heat exchangers, so I use a block off. Sorry this is the only picture angle I have.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sixes do not have nor do they need a heater blower motor. The impeller fan is tremendous. Expect great blow 9so to speak) from the six heat exchangers, Way Way more that the four with the heater motor
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Mar 4 2009, 01:49 PM) *

I'm in the process of putting a 2.7CIS into my car. I have a set of original 914/6 HE's. Can somebody post a couple of pics of how and where you mounted the blower motor? I'm also trying to figure out what to do with the 911 HE feed off the fan. Does somebody make a blockoff plate? I'm trying to either eliminate or figure out what to do with the part of the cowling circled here...

Click to view attachment
note; please don't post a copy of the PET page. I've seen it and it does me no good.

elmonte
This might help

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Mar 4 2009, 12:49 PM) *

I'm also trying to figure out what to do with the 911 HE feed off the fan. Does somebody make a blockoff plate?

Thin sheet of aluminum, cut to fit, paint to match, add a bit of goo around the edges and rivet it to the shroud ...
shades.gif Andy

ahdoman
QUOTE(elmonte @ Mar 4 2009, 01:14 PM) *

Any chance you have a picture of the other side of the engine as well? That's the side I'm not sure of.
elmonte
Will try to find one or take one with engine in the car

cheers
elmonte
here ya go If you need any other angle or view , let me know while i have the camera out

Cheers

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ahdoman
QUOTE(elmonte @ Mar 4 2009, 02:39 PM) *

here ya go If you need any other angle or view , let me know while i have the camera out

Cheers

THANKS! Where'd you get the left side blower plate for the fan housing?
elmonte
Porsche . It's a factory six
elmonte
Looks like Pelican has them

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...r_pg1.htm#item2
elmonte
Here's some pictures from the bottom side

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

PanelBilly
I've been wondering how the plumbing for the heater worked. I just figured that I'd ask when it came time to put the engine in the car. So, this explains how the air moves into the exchangers, but how does it move into the longs? Are there still flapper boxes?

Never mind, I just saw the added bottom photos..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.