Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quiznos WTF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Okay I have to ask what the fuck is up with this commercial, the Quiznos one with the two road kill dogs screeching.
I am sorry I can not figure it out, it is like a blooper show withthe ad that never made it to television, but this one did.
I swear I will never go into a Quiznos, just because of that hideous commercial.
CCLINSUBWAY
zehrschnell914
U R Funny! Say hello to Jarod for me. laugh.gif

MSAINBLIMPIES
ThinAir
We've been trying to figure out just what kind of creatures those screeching furrie things are supposed to be. We figured they must be characters from some MTV thing that we don't know about. That was the only way we could figure out how something so tasteless got adopted for a commercial.

My wife had the same reaction - we'll never eat at a Quiznos again.
Sammy
They're kind of an underground internet cult thing, particularly for the younger college crowd.
Click here for more details http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&t=8782&hl=moon
phantom914
They were first brought up on this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&hl=to+the+moon

If you're really a masochist, go to the website and listen to the original (?) "song": http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Andrew
Qarl
Yes... shortly after our fearless leader (or is it brainless... I'm not sure) suggested that we go back to the moon.... I photoshoped this creation...

IPB Image
type11969
Maybe it is because I am in that "younger college crowd" but I think those commercials are hilarious. Dunno why, those creatures sure are gross. Maybe its just the goofy song. Anyway, Quiznos would have to get some pretty offensive commercials for me to stop eating there, those toasty sandos are just too damn delicious.
markb
I HATE that commercial!!
Qarl
The "creatures" are an animal called a tarsier. There are several species of it.

They have human mouths and eyes superimposed over them so they can sing.

Here is a picture of one...

IPB Image
Qarl
Holy Crap!!!

I just realized I found THE exact same photograph on the internet that that annoying commercial was made from.

I went to "search" for a photo of one to show you and this came up...

How weird!
914ghost
I think it worked then..
The idea behind advertsing is to get people to notice and REMEMBER your ad...for every person who boycotts Quiznos for the ad there are 10 people who will have it stuck in their head an eat a ymmuy samwich.
I think it rules!!! aktion035.gif
Seriously, they're so freakin' bizzare and screechingly ridiculously hilarious!!!
yer right those McDonalds commercials trying ot reach the hip young UR-baine african american crowd are much better...or the ones selling Pepsi to anorexic preteen girls, great too...
Whats wrong with screeching tree rats!?!? lol2.gif
Bob 0
zehrschnell914
Are they a marsupial? Will they fit in the glovebox of my 914? I can't afford a "Trunk Monkey", and would like to know if they might be a cheaper alternative.
rick 918-S
I didn't think I could like that commercial less until I saw the real creature. Can you imagine the restraunt over run with those mice like things! That's just gross!
zehrschnell914
If I had one in my glovebox, I could leave the top off without worrying about someone taking off with my beater.
boxstr
Road Kill Tree Rats, delicious, lets all meet at the Quiznos for lunch tommorrow, You just screech out your order.
Now I know why I prepare my meals at home.
CCLINMEALSONWHEELS
Qarl
Tarsiers are extremely small mammals.

Tarsiers have extremely successful adaptations for leaping, their tibia and fibula are fused and two tarsal bones are elongated (hence their name). Tarsiers appear to be intermediate between prosimians (strepsirrhines) and monkeys and this has causaed a large amount of controversy in primate classification.

Features shared with the Prosimians; small size, nocturnal habit, non-fused lower jaws, two claws on each foot, enormous eyes, small brains, elongated legs. Features shared with the Anthropoidea; dry snout, embryo touches maternal blood, eyes with a tiny fovea, eyes lack a tapetum postorbital septum, upright lower incisors.

Molecular data, however, suggests they share a more recent common ancestor with the monkeys and apes than with the prosimians and so here they are classified in the suborder Haplorrhini, as are monkeys and apes.

Tarsiers have the dental formula: 2/1, 1/1, 3/3, 3/3 = 34 and their diet consists of insects. They are nocturnal and solitary during the night. There is just one family of tarsiers: Tarsiidae.
Red-Beard
Dark Dave gave us this one on the bird board....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/weeee.php
736conver
My 3 year old daughter loves that quiznos commercial.
East coaster
Sorry..........I love that commercial!!! Those things are so disturbing you gotta love'em!

I wouldn't eat at Quiznos way before these commercials anyway barf.gif
Steve Thacker
I think the commercial is dumb, but it does catch your eye and they the creators win.

We don't have those resturants here, just Subways (I think)
I do think the little animal is super cute. Did you get a load of those eyes. Little bugger would probably clean out all your fruit in the house in one evening LOL

I know,..I know,..I'm different
DuckRyder
I hate that commercial too.

While we are on the odd commercial subject, can any one explain the V8 commercial where the Rastafari looking dude goes runnin through the laundry mat dancing and kicking stuff over, then goes flying into a chair and turns into a pretty white girl?
TheCabinetmaker
That's easy. Drinking a V8 makes you feel like you've been smokin the reefer mon. laugh.gif

Seriously, the quiz commercial is dumb, but we all laughed our asses off at "we love the moon" thread posted here. There are only two "fast food" places I eat at(heart disease, low fat diet). Quiz is one, Subway the other. Just a simple turkey or chicken sandwich. Oh, I'l keep the carbs in the bread.
iamchappy
Great commercial, the fact that it's up for discussion on this forum is proof of that, I have worked in forms of advertising all of my professional life, it got noticed and product identity wasn't lost. Now that damn Arbys oven mitt.
joea9146
The commercial is strange.... gets you to remember and talk about
it.... its doing its job. But the rat things are kind of Gross, more of a turn off
than something inviting.
zehrschnell914
"Tarsiers appear to be intermediate between prosimians (strepsirrhines) and monkeys"

Kellzey, you are too much! We have found a 914 size "Glovebox Monkey"!!! Where do we order one?

MSAINTRUNKMONKEY.COM
Brett W
"Tarsiers appear to be intermediate between prosimians (strepsirrhines) and monkeys"

Are these anything like Naugas?
Aaron Cox
mmm nauga!
Aaron Cox
that happens to be my pet nauga.... mr. Hyde
Jeffs9146
Can we make a Bloody Quiznos Tarsiers game??

Jeff
Aaron Cox
LOL lmao! laugh.gif

as they fly away "we loooooooove the suuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbssssssssss"
Rouser
Whatever they might've evolved from, the Quizno's creatures everyone's abuzz about are called "Spong Monkeys."

They seem to be doing the job they were designed for ... the wife gasps and I crack up anytime I see them.
Mike T
Well, I didn't go to colledge and I'm definately not young but I like the commercial having a recent exposure to those things here on the "moon" thread. I like obscure humor and tend to laugh at things that noone else is laughing at. Maybe I have calluses on my funnybone.

MSN.com called those things "Mr. Potato Rats" and "castrato hamsters". Laughed my ass off at work, had people staring at me...

Mike(no Quiznos around here)T
GWN7
I ate there when they first opened up and wasn't impressed. We tryed it again tonight and I'm still not impressed. About $2 per sub more than Jerods place.

BTW I asked the gal at the counter why there was no fuzzy creature ads in the store. She replyed that those commercials are only being shown in the USA (Don Cherry up here) and that personaly she didn't think that having a commercial promoting rats was condusive to a food service business. laugh.gif
Joe Bob
I thought the chain was owned by Richard Gere and they were the blind gerbils that were pulled out his ass....but guess I was wrong....
Mark Henry
I been there once $25 for two subs and one pop.

huh.gif finger.gif

The sub was OK but nothing special. I've never gone back.
need4speed
I don't know what the heck y'all are talking about.
And I'm glad I have a Tivo.
RAR
Well finally a relevant discussion concerning something I was wondering about. The singing is a hoot, but I can't help but picture myself peering through the glass and being asked,
"Cheese sir?"
"Yes please, pepper jack please."
"Rodent of questionable and unknown origin sir?"
'Yes please, double of those", as their limp carcasses are plucked from the stainless bins and draped across the cheese diagonals.--Excuse me--blaaaaah.
Okay I'm back. Must have been something I ate.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Feb 24 2004, 10:23 PM)
Tarsiers are extremely small mammals.

Tarsiers have extremely successful adaptations for leaping, their tibia and fibula are fused and two tarsal bones are elongated (hence their name). Tarsiers appear to be intermediate between prosimians (strepsirrhines) and monkeys and this has causaed a large amount of controversy in primate classification.

Features shared with the Prosimians; small size, nocturnal habit, non-fused lower jaws, two claws on each foot, enormous eyes, small brains, elongated legs. Features shared with the Anthropoidea; dry snout, embryo touches maternal blood, eyes with a tiny fovea, eyes lack a tapetum postorbital septum, upright lower incisors.

Molecular data, however, suggests they share a more recent common ancestor with the monkeys and apes than with the prosimians and so here they are classified in the suborder Haplorrhini, as are monkeys and apes.

Tarsiers have the dental formula: 2/1, 1/1, 3/3, 3/3 = 34 and their diet consists of insects. They are nocturnal and solitary during the night. There is just one family of tarsiers: Tarsiidae.

Karl,
You're like the Alfred of biology.
Rgreen914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Feb 25 2004, 04:55 PM)

...(Don Cherry up here)...

GWN7

Is this like, some kind of hockey humor???
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Feb 25 2004, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Feb 25 2004, 04:55 PM)

...(Don Cherry up here)...

GWN7

Is this like, some kind of hockey humor???

No joke... Don Cherry, the hockey guy is the dood in all the Canadian Quiznos ad's

You can ever buy beer with one of his ugly suits on it

http://www.iam.ca/doncherryedition/sharp.php
GWN7
Thanks Mark, Eh!

Don Cherry only pulls down $750 K a year doing the hockey spots. So I guess he needs to pick up some pocket change from Quiznoes.

Lets see....going blind from Don Cherry's suits and ties or some singing rats....a hard one to chose..... laugh.gif
Rgreen914
Mark

Don't drink much anymor, but if those "well dressed" cans contain Molson...they can't be all bad, Eh!
Mark Henry
Only in Canada, eh?

Pity...
Qarl
Karl,

I take offense to that... really.

Anyways, cut and paste from the internet.

I didn't know squat about those f-ing furry little bastards until I did some research on the internet. I think I just googled "Quiznos and animal" or something and I started finding some info.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Feb 26 2004, 07:00 AM)
Karl,

I take offense to that... really.

Anyways, cut and paste from the internet.

I didn't know squat about those f-ing furry little bastards until I did some research on the internet. I think I just googled "Quiznos and animal" or something and I started finding some info.

Sorry Karl, I didn't mean to offend you. Would it have helped if I had added a wink.gif or a laugh.gif ?
Curvie Roadlover
The dental stuff is what seemed a bit Alfredesque in a zoology kind of way. Once again, Sorry Karl.
Qarl
I know you're weren't serious... Not a the nicest person on the board to be compared to, even if it was jokingly...

But the point was funny... laugh.gif (Me laughing)

Okay... We now return you back to the annoying screeching spong monkeys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.