Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windsheild washer pump to electric
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
Here's the link to the article on Pelican:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...tric_washer.htm

The main question here is: Will the one out of a 944 work? P/N 477-953-902-01C-M100

Has anyone successfully used the 944 unit? Known differences?

Edit:
Rob (mojorisen) and I were discussing this for our cars. His is 74 mine is 76.
iamchappy
Look here for Andys write up. i used the wire coming out of the steering column.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13261

8) 2 options for the wiring:

8a) run 2 wires inside and mount a separate switch (push button style) either in the dash or the center console, and hook it up to 12V (through a fuse of your choice)

8b) if you have the intermittend wiper relay harness, you can also run the pump off that, just extend the brown/black wire (trigger from steering column) and use it as the 12V feed for the pump.
this way, every time you pull the wiper lever towards you, you get the 4 run intermittend + fresh water!
NOTE: the brown/black wire was NOT an option on early car, '72 and later, if i'm not mistaken ...

zonedoubt
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 17 2009, 10:39 AM) *

The main question here is: Will the one out of a 944 work? P/N 477-953-902-01C-M100

I followed the article and installed one in my last 914. I think I used a BMW washer pump I bought off eBay. Your FLAPS might even have a kit you could use the pump from. Nothing special about them really.
RJMII
The article called for one out of a 924; which is P/N ... uhh... I lost the P/N. it was from an early 924, though. The P/N listed is the later 924/944 model.

I'm thinking that I will use Andy and Chappy's ideas for mine and go off of the intermittent relay. I've got the parts to do it that way. =o)

Rob's on his own, though. av-943.gif
iamchappy
I used a universal electric pump from the auto parts store.
RJMII
Chappy, was it an option, or on all the cars post 72?

Rob was saying that when he pulls back on his lever it just squirts and the wipers don't go back and forth. (I don't know why he couldn't ask this here poke.gif)

bad relay maybe? where's the relay?
mojorisen914
Dammit Jim (Bones McCoy vioce), when I pull back on the lever, nothing happens at all. poke.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Mar 17 2009, 09:36 PM) *

Dammit Jim (Bones McCoy vioce), when I pull back on the lever, nothing happens at all. poke.gif

So the relay then?

Or in computer terms... PEBKAC.

(problem exists between keyboard and chair)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.