Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Engine Lid Catch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jonferns
Looking for the rubber with any associated hardware for the engine lid release catch. It prevents the lid from flying up when you pull the release. NOS, or excellent condition is preffered. Thanks!
markb
It only keeps the trunk lid from hitting the engine lid when both are open. It doesn't keep it from flying open. That's what your other hand is for. biggrin.gif
McMark
agree.gif Common misconception.
RJMII
zonedoubt
Actually there are some rubber buffers that will keep the lid from hitting the back of the roll bar when it opens p/n 91455925310.

Basically they're just rubber washers. I wished I had known that before I ordered them.

McMark
According to the PET that part number relates to the rubber snubbers that are under the torsion springs. Also, it should be something more interesting than a washer. confused24.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 20 2009, 08:00 PM) *

According to the PET that part number relates to the rubber snubbers that are under the torsion springs. Also, it should be something more interesting than a washer. confused24.gif

I ordered two from AA. They were nothing more than a rubber cylinder about the size of two stacked plumbing washers.
PCA7GGR
I'm curious - how much did Porsche get you for the two rubber bumpers?
dlo914
Is this the piece jon is talking about?
IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Mar 22 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Is this the piece jon is talking about?
IPB Image

Yep
PlaysWithCars
So, where does that bad boy go? Never heard of these things existing. I've always used the two handed approach to keep the lid from whacking the car when you release it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.