Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: f/s 71 914 v-8 turbo part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
plasterman
ok 914 guy's.here's the pic's of a unbelivibile 914 v-8 turbo.if i have a problem posting them here,there will be a photobucket link.enjoy and sorry for the double post.i could not figure out how to edit "pic's are here"..al. ps..zoom in to see the fit and finish time taken on this car!!! every line is perfect...scroll down to link..
ssstikircr
blink.gif What pics?
nomore9one4
driving.gif
plasterman
sorry guy's,i just got them on photobucket and cant get the link on here.can you help?there under plasterman 08.im trying as hard as i can...lol...al. i dont freakin belive this!!!!! some pic's below and the rest here. http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/plasterman08/
plasterman
HEEEEEEEEEY,I DID IT!!!.THAT WAS NOTHING..LOL..!!!ENJOY!!!!....AL...
plasterman
sunday morning,we get it on the lift for underneath pic's.any other pic's you like to see just ask....al
plasterman
Click to view attachmentwow,i finally got the pic's and not one reply,question or anything.i know i was alittle late on the pic's but this a awesome car,let alone a 914.i know there's not a better fit and finish 914 here on this forum and the time,money,knowlege and certainty that went into this build is exceptionaly well.where are the super speed freak's?lol.well,i did my best...al...
plasterman
Click to view attachmenthey,look what i figured out how to do.i will resize them all tommorrow and post some more.
plasterman
well,where are all the diehard 914 guy's? i know what it is.you all thought i was full of sh%& cause i took so long for the pic's.now you see i was right that it is a awesome car like i said...if you would like modded 914,this is the one..come on boy's,don't be afraid,it's only a car...lol..let's here some offer's.....al.
RJMII
The rules say you have to post a price, though.
plasterman
sorry,my bad.the price is in the other post.we starting at $25,000.00..obo.thank's...al.Click to view attachment
plasterman
WTF.gif Click to view attachmentwow,just like the corvette forum.we need info,we need pic's,we need this and we need that. well it's all here.i thought this was a 914 forum.seem's like the lower priced rust and rotted one's is where the sale's are at.sorry but this car has no and never had a speck of rust or ever crashed .just look at this freakin car,it's perfect. if nobody is interested i will ask the mod's to remove.
i love porsche
wow...why are you all bitter...all that people asked you to do was post a picture and follow the rules of the forum..its not that difficult is it?

also , 25k is alot of money to spend on a customized 914 in this economy, dont get all upset if people arent throwing blank checks at you within 24 hours of you posting a few exterior pics when you are asking 25k for a car
plasterman
first off,im not bitter at all. just suprized people where interested till i put all the info and pic's and not one reply even to say nice car but not for me.where starting at $25k.could be bought for less plus considering the workmanship and $$$ in this car they would get. it's a 914. people here know 914. this is a perfect 914.this car has exellent drivibility yet is super fast.i dont need a check right away(end of the week would be good..lol..).i dunno...
echocanyons
I would love to hear about the chopped windscreen.

Are the seats lowered?

Sweet car.
RJMII
QUOTE(plasterman @ Mar 23 2009, 07:36 PM) *

WTF.gif wow,just like the corvette forum.we need info,we need pic's,we need this and we need that. well it's all here.i thought this was a 914 forum.seem's like the lower priced rust and rotted one's is where the sale's are at.sorry but this car has no and never had a speck of rust or ever crashed .just look at this freakin car,it's perfect. if nobody is interested i will ask the mod's to remove.

You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar? I certainly just lost interest. poke.gif
drive-ability
That is a very nice car, looks like a winner to me. The market will set a price but I think marketing it here isn't the best way to go, maybe some place where 25K gets you a 1/10 interest. You know I like it! driving.gif
mkillar
VERY nice car. Looks very well sorted. What are those side scoops for?
mkillar
A few of questions. Does the top still fit in the trunk? How did you run the coolant lines? Any shots of the underside/engine-tranny area? Why are the inner front fenders cut out if you have the radiator venting out the hood? Does the hood vent create a lot of noticable noise in the cabin when the fan in running? Extra heat in the cabin from the radiator setup? Damn nice job.
BKLA
Would love to see more "build" information. Front brake setup looks really interesting. Maybe there are other posts on the build? If so, show us a link.

Take it from someone who recently sold a high end 914, it will take a while. Post lots of pictures, show the build, and note the custom touches like the turbo cooling vent and the chopped top.

Just my two cents...
RJMII
QUOTE(BKLA @ Mar 27 2009, 08:18 PM) *

Would love to see more "build" information. Front brake setup looks really interesting. Maybe there are other posts on the build? If so, show us a link.

Take it from someone who recently sold a high end 914, it will take a while. Post lots of pictures, show the build, and note the custom touches like the turbo cooling vent and the chopped top.

Just my two cents...

That's more like twenty cents... If you pay as much attention to the detail of your ad as someone did with the detail of the car, you are much more likely to attract the interest of a buyer.
Case in point; look at eBay. All of the ads that are written by someone who has completely forgotten the basic concepts of spelling, grammar, and structure, all seem to bring in less money than their competition. The people who pay attention to how their ad looks, how it feels, etc, rake in more money.

Let me know if you'd like some help re-writing the ad with a bit more 'honey'. wink.gif
plasterman
ok, first off let me thank rjmii for listing and posting a better list of then me. now to answer a few question's. where gonna search for older photo's of the build.we did not have ditgial camara's during the build.top does not fit in the trunk anymore.the mount's are still there but the roof is much wider.i guess something can be made to hold it in.i forgot how we ran the coolant line's but i'll bet it's the best you will see.sunday morning we are definitly taken pic's on the lift.they will be here sunday night.inner fender's where cut out first,but then we decided to duct the front of radititor and exhaust the heat with better airflow with the opening on hood.hood opening proved way more effincent.hot air would not exhaust quick enough with open wheel well's..make's sense right.zero issue's with overheating on this car.you can here the fan running slightly for the cabin and there's no extra heat entering.also,i dont remember if a stated before but there's a hidden heater core in the cabin so there's exellent heat when it's cold out.there is only one scoop on the driver's side.it house's a 14"dia.x2.5"h air cleaner.like i said,more pic's of underneath in the morning and they will be here at night.i know how to resize pic's so i"ll put them on this thread instead of photobucket.any more question's,feel free..thank's a bunch...al....ps..we can't spell and have to time for grammar,BUT WE CAN BUILD A FREAKIN CAR..LOL...and not just 914..
mkillar
Thanks for responding to all my questions. I'm sure the new pics will help answer a bunch of questions once we can see how things were done. It looked like on the inner fender shot the flares are fiberglass. Is that correct? Oh, BTW,from what I've seen, I would't worry about proper english on this forum if you're building cars like that and sharing the intricacies of the build with us-(did I spell that right?).

plasterman
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ok boy's i gonna try and post the underneath pic's and them some.please note the following pic's where the rust area problem's are,the body line's and the reinforcing done to the motor mounts bracket and trailing arm's.this car was built to use all the hp.also,as we forgot it's been so long.the coolant line's are stock tubing so if you should go off roading your good.also someone asked about turbo cooling.it is a liquid cooled turbo.hope the pic's work..lol..here i go...al.
plasterman
more pic's
plasterman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentmore
plasterman
plasterman
plasterman
plasterman
plasterman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentdid you ever see fit and finish or well constructed this? everything is set for the long run so no redoing is nesserary down the road..this car is all there!!!enjoy...al.
plasterman
Click to view attachmentooooop's how did that get there....lol...al
plasterman
ttt for the underneath pic's...al.
mkillar
NICELY DONE!
RJMII
WOW! I like the pics!! that is an awesome build!
turboman808
Really is an amazing car!

If it's around in another year I will buy it. With friends and family struggling I couldn't buy a 3rd sports car in good conscience right now. sad.gif

That's a great price though and wouldn't be surprised if it gets bought up within a month.
BKLA
I love the flat tube water lines! (well thought out!) The rear suspension pickup point reinforcement looks neat!

Very Sweet and nicely detailed!
johnnie5
F'n AWESOME looking car/build!!! Could I see some pics of the engine compartment, interior, other area's not already shown?
Thanks,
John
plasterman
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmenthey john,there are pic's of the engine compartment on thr photo bucket link up top.as far as the interior goes,i have no pic's yet cause it is incomplete and is not ready for pic's.all i can say is,it will look just as good as the rest of the car.it has all premiem gauge's,a heatercore for exellent heat and hidden jbl subwoofer,poweramp and two jbl full range speaker's.now we need a head unit.so pic's on the interior will be next week.....al
plasterman
hey john,here's some pic's of the engine compartment.if you look closely,you will see cooper tubing with teflon tape and heavy duty clamp's.look at the coolent line's going to the turbo. that's long term!!! we build all kind's on specialty car's for fun.and there driven.and these frankenstien car's as we call them have to be very realibile.and they are.what im getting at is'swhat need's to be pretty will be pretty,but what is more durabile is are choice.some else can replace bulett proof for cosmetic.enjoy...also to everybody who posted here,thank you very much for the kind word's.this is truly a well built car...al.i wish a 914 world member would check it out in person for a non-bias opinon..Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
plasterman
is there anybody in the rhode island area that can check this car out for the 914world community???? thank's...al.
burton73
QUOTE(plasterman @ Apr 2 2009, 07:05 PM) *

is there anybody in the rhode island area that can check this car out for the 914world community???? thank's...al.

Al,

This car is so changed and so unreal I just need more info on it. If you had more interior shots and a You -tube video of a ride in it a person with the space and the money will put the money on that bad boy. There is a lot of work on it. What trans is in there? What is the amount of boost that you are running?

It would sell on Ebay for sure but you would need to write the ad up just so, to get the buyers. Use you own links for the pictures so it will not cost you a fortune to list it.

There is just so much done to it everyone is holding their breath. Sorry that you guys did not run steel GT flares but the fit and finish Looks great from the pictures here. Super nice modified car.

Bob
driving.gif driving.gif
plasterman
hey burton73,thank's for the kind word's.pic's of the interior will be up next week when it's finished and all pretty.fit and finish on the fiberglass flair's and bumper's are perfect. the trans is a inverted 930 with 930 axel's.there is a lot of work here done to this car. and trust me it's long term quality.there will be a sound and ride video if it ever stop's raining here. when you guy's here the sound of this car at idle,then get on at 14 psi of boost.music to my freakin ear's....lol....coming soon boy's hang on see truly is a beast!!...al
rascobo
Wow!

The term 'Awesome' has been used so loosely and often it's almost meaningless, but not in this case as few other words would do Your build justice. Your Car appears (hope pictures show an interior as well executed) to deserve the price asked (if not more). Even with the shitty "economy", there is someone with the money who will be way ahead by buying this car, if only You can connect. Keep Us appraised.thumb3d.gif

Now, shades.gif As far as being better than 'any' car here....well, maybe 'most' would be more accurate, there are some truly original works of art among our members, but I sure their owners would agree they spent a lot more than Your asking (and of course We can justify the costs as entertainment, therapy, and rehab all rolled into one...... rolleyes.gif).

6freak
QUOTE(rascobo @ Apr 6 2009, 01:19 AM) *

Wow!

The term 'Awesome' has been used so loosely and often it's almost meaningless, but not in this case as few other words would do Your build justice. Your Car appears (hope pictures show an interior as well executed) to deserve the price asked (if not more). Even with the shitty "economy", there is someone with the money who will be way ahead by buying this car, if only You can connect. Keep Us appraised.thumb3d.gif

Now, shades.gif As far as being better than 'any' car here....well, maybe 'most' would be more accurate, there are some truly original works of art among our members, but I sure their owners would agree they spent a lot more than Your asking (and of course We can justify the costs as entertainment, therapy, and rehab all rolled into one...... rolleyes.gif).

That thing is beat
plasterman
rascobo,thank's for the kind word's.it truly is a awesome car.hey 6freak,what do you mean by "that thing is beat"?..i hope you dont mean the car in general.this car has about 1k mile's on it since built.and all are joy ride and tuning.never raced....al.
plasterman
ttt.hey, might have a buyer.non-forum member came to see it and flipped out.he dont visit this forum as i told him to remark here so other's have a biased viewer.he think's he's gonna take it. all it took was a 10 min drive...we will see...lol...al.
Nor.Cal.914
driving.gif WOW that is a pretty fricken sweet car! It must weigh a pretty penny though with a big old boosted V8 and all that? Any idea how much it weighs? How much hp is it pushing? It would be interesting to know what kind of power to weight ratio it's puttin' down! I see that it says "and video finally!" in your heading...? Where is the video? And have you been able to get any interior pics yet? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
plasterman
weight? who know's. i guess we can run it over to the scale down the street. hp, it has not been dynoed but are guessamate is atleast 600 hp. all i know is when you drive down the road,it has the sweetest rumble and when on boost,my god what a feeling. so all the overkill on this build come's into play as the car feel's very tight and handle's the power very well. we have had family issues that keep's us from meeting up at the shop at night for car play. interior is almost done and video's come after.wait till you here this thing....al.
Nor.Cal.914
Cool! smilie_pokal.gif I'll be standing by for that video and the rest of the pics! Thanks
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.