Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockin' LSD tranny rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Here are some pics of a tranny I am building for a customer. This is a factory LSD box that is getting converted to side shift, with billet plate and billet bearing retainer, and AFMSX gears. The customer sent me a few stacks to harvest parts from and the MSX gears. One of the cores had one of the nicest 1st sliders I have ever found in a core which means he just saved a lot of $$ smile.gif Also, you may notice that the input shaft bearing in the int plate is of the better design with the steel cage, a very good part to have and was on one of the cores. So far, I only have these pics. The stacks, you may note the smaller gears, and the bling parts.
McMark
Mmmmmmm....
Dr Evil
confused24.gif
dbgriffith75
drooley.gif

I can practically see myself in that shine!
turboman808
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 24 2009, 11:36 AM) *

confused24.gif

Yeah I don't know what you are talking about at all. But if you like it then I trust your judgement that it must be good. LOL

Maybe sometime I can bring my car down to you and have to do some tranny work. Not this year though. I just want to drive already.
McMark
Mmmmmmm....
As in yummy transmission bits.
Dr Evil
Ah wink.gif
jim_hoyland
Nice pictures; I can't help think how this is going to enhance your medical skills smile.gif
charliew
He's probably already shortened his lifespan from all the cleaning solvents and tranny grease he absorbed through his biggest organ, his skin. Plus all the toxic fumes he's inhaled for pleasure or hobby.
SGB
I bet the doc-b-smart. He understands dosin'....
tomkirkcis
Click to view attachmentThis is the car that box is destined for. It will be mated to a very trick 3.2SS twin plug in a 914-6 narrow body.
Dr Evil
Another car I am proud to be doing a build for smile.gif thumb3d.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 24 2009, 04:39 PM) *

Nice pictures; I can't help think how this is going to enhance your medical skills smile.gif

The body is only a bio-machine.
tomkirkcis
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentA couple more images
pete-stevers
neat lookin machine!! drooley.gif
LarryR
looking very good. Be sure to post traction reports when it is done. I am very curious to know how well the 3.2 hooks up with 205's. (I am doing the same thing but just a stock 3.2) but with a 915.
J P Stein
You're gonna need more tiar. biggrin.gif
FourBlades

Mmmmm...do I smell tire smoke???

Nice looking tranny and project car...

beer3.gif

tomkirkcis
I first want to say the Mike has been great to work with. If anyone needs a tranny done, I can't think of a better person to work with. I want you guys to dig up some jobs for the DR.

I installed the 3.2SS into the car last year and had 205/50 on deep sixes. I have never done a burn out in first as to not hand gernade the 901, but I have had the tires break loose in 2nd way too easy. I clearly needed more tire or LSD. I purchased a factory 914 box with a ZF and am hopefull that may do it.

I do have a set of steel flares, and 9 x 16 and 8 x 16 fuchs on the shelf, but I haven't quite pulled the trigger on flaring the car. Once you do it, there is no turning back. This car came from Arizona and is absolutely rust free and straight. Other than the exhaust, it is such a sleeper as a narrow body, the kids in their mustangs never know what just happened to them.

Dr Evil
Man, with all the stuff going on in my life lately this has taken much longer than I would have wanted. All of the stuff is done to the gear box except for the LSD stuff that I need to research.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.