Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying my 1st teener on Tuesday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
So I am finally buying my 1st 914 on Tuesday. Cant wait to go and pick it up. piratenanner.gif drunk.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Gustl
congrats smilie_pokal.gif

I can still remember the day when I picked up my 1st teener ... perfect day for the trip home, with open roof about 400 miles through the country ...

what a feeling driving.gif

good luck aktion035.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 28 2009, 05:25 PM) *

I can still remember the day when I picked up my 1st teener ... perfect day for the trip home, with open roof about 400 miles through the country ...

good luck aktion035.gif

Do you know if I use a trailer dolley can I put the front tires on it or would that mess up the transmission?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 28 2009, 03:25 PM) *

good luck aktion035.gif

smile.gif I have been asked when I am going to "...get rid of that car?" I respond "When I find another car that I will feel the same about after 27 years."
Everytime I get in it's just like the first time.
Congrats on your purchase
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:31 PM) *

good luck aktion035.gif

smile.gif I have been asked when I am going to "...get rid of that car?" I respond "When I find another car that I will feel the same about after 27 years."

Thanks everyone. I still need to know if I can use a trailer dolley and put the front wheels on it with the tranny in nuetral. I have been told by someone it would mess up the tranny.
So.Cal.914
There are people here that have used them. I have not heard anything about it hurting the tranny. But your assend is going to be really low, so be careful.
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:36 PM) *

There are people here that have used them. I have not heard anything about it hurting the tranny. But your assend is going to be really low, so be careful.

I certainly will be very careful. The guy i talked to obviously doesn't know too much. That is why I am asking here. Thanks. I cant wait to go n get the car though. Its going to be a long 3 in a half hour drive down there. Dont need anymore speeding tickets or warnings.
aktion035.gif driving.gif
jcambo7
I just cant wait to get it back up here to Oklahoma City so I can get the engine running and drive it. They took out the fuel lines to put tunnel lines in and never got back to putting the fuel lines back in. headbang.gif
So.Cal.914
There is a vendor here that sells custom SS fuel lines. I hear the fit is awsome.
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:48 PM) *

There is a vendor here that sells custom SS fuel lines. I hear the fit is awsome.

Im pretty sure that the fuel lines r with car. Not for sure. how much r the ss fuel lines? If the lines r with the car my friend n I will be able to hopefully get it running by this weekend. driving.gif aktion035.gif
So.Cal.914
The stock plastic ones after 30 + years could stand to be replaced. Here's a link for you.

click here
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 28 2009, 06:02 PM) *

The stock plastic ones after 30 + years could stand to be replaced. Here's a link for you.

click here

Thanks. I will have to wait n see what is on the car n what comes with it first before I decide what I need.
carr914
Congratulations and don't forget to post lots of pictures

T.C.
Derek Seymour

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 28 2009, 03:34 PM) *

good luck aktion035.gif

Thanks everyone. I still need to know if I can use a trailer dolley and put the front wheels on it with the tranny in nuetral. I have been told by someone it would mess up the tranny.

I just recently towed my first teener from San Diego to San Luis Obispo nearly trouble free.

3 pieces of advice...

1. Make sure you wrap the safety chains around the A-Arms as well as secure the tires with the ratchet straps. I pulled into get gas near Malibu and found that one of the ratchet straps had come un-done... the only thing that save me was the fact that I used the "back up" safety chains.

2. If it has a front spoiler or fairing of any kind TAKE IT OFF!!! Mine had an aftermarket (noted so purists don't beat the stromberg.gif out of me) LE spoiler
that broke from the hitting the ratchet straps when the car shifted at some point... probably when the ratchet strap came off and the chains saved my ass and car.

3. Disconnect the battery and turn the igition to the ON position so the wheel can rotate free. But avoid tight turns because the car can swing in to the dolly fenders and F-Up your doors, rocker panels, and front fenders.

CONGRATS!!!!

driving.gif
Grelber
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:38 PM) *

I certainly will be very careful. The guy i talked to obviously doesn't know too much. That is why I am asking here. Thanks. I cant wait to go n get the car though. Its going to be a long 3 in a half hour drive down there. Dont need anymore speeding tickets or warnings.

3 1/2 hours south of OKC. You getting it here in the DFW area?
jcambo7
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Mar 28 2009, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 28 2009, 03:34 PM) *

good luck aktion035.gif

I just recently towed my first teener from San Diego to San Luis Obispo nearly trouble free.

3 pieces of advice...

1. Make sure you wrap the safety chains around the A-Arms as well as secure the tires with the ratchet straps. I pulled into get gas near Malibu and found that one of the ratchet straps had come un-done... the only thing that save me was the fact that I used the "back up" safety chains.

2. If it has a front spoiler or fairing of any kind TAKE IT OFF!!! Mine had an aftermarket (noted so purists don't beat the stromberg.gif out of me) LE spoiler
that broke from the hitting the ratchet straps when the car shifted at some point... probably when the ratchet strap came off and the chains saved my ass and car.

3. Disconnect the battery and turn the igition to the ON position so the wheel can rotate free. But avoid tight turns because the car can swing in to the dolly fenders and F-Up your doors, rocker panels, and front fenders.

CONGRATS!!!!

driving.gif

Thanks I will definitely heed your advice. Of course I will post tones of pics of it. driving.gif drunk.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 28 2009, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 28 2009, 05:38 PM) *

3 1/2 hours south of OKC. You getting it here in the DFW area?

Yep. Grand Prairie actually.
Grelber
Kool. I'm driving to OKC Tuesday afternoon, then on to Wichita Wednesday morning. Hopefully the weather will be better.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 28 2009, 06:36 PM) *

Kool. I'm driving to OKC Tuesday afternoon, then on to Wichita Wednesday morning. Hopefully the weather will be better.

Yeah I know it was snowing last night and this morning n I was like WTF.gif . Its freaking almost April. I just can't wait for spring to hit n me geting in my teener with the top off wizzing around. driving.gif man I am so excited.
burton73
Today was so nice in West Los Angeles. It was near 75. I took the top off my 76 and went to the post office and to the bank. I was WIZZING around. I love taking right turns at 35 miles per hour with no problem. These cars are like go-carts.driving.gif

You are going to love it.

Bob
jcambo7
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 28 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Today was so nice in West Los Angeles. It was near 75. I took the top off my 76 and went to the post office and to the bank. I was WIZZING around. I love taking right turns at 35 miles per hour with no problem. These cars are like go-carts.driving.gif

You are going to love it.

Bob

I know Im gonna love it thats why i am so excited. Lucky you got to do it recently. Its been a long time since I have even been riding in a 914. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.