Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of my 914 I picked up today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sleepin
It is indeed the E-brake cover. Look where the cables come together with a "W" looking piece, the cover is held on by one screw right there.
PeeGreen 914
The brake caliper piece, if aluminium, goes to a 911 S caliper. Very expensive and great to have. Your car will not have these on there since you have four lug wheels but I believe people are eluding to hoping you find the calipers in there somewhere.

Sleepin
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:38 AM) *

Seat tilt latches. They are attached to the pan brace that runs across the pan...where the front of your seat would fit.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 1 2009, 12:39 PM) *

The brake caliper piece, if aluminium, goes to a 911 S caliper. Very expensive and great to have. Your car will not have these on there since you have four lug wheels but I believe people are eluding to hoping you find the calipers in there somewhere.

I have yet to find any calipers in my car yet.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 1 2009, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:38 AM) *

Seat tilt latches. They are attached to the pan brace that runs across the pan...where the front of your seat would fit.

Ok cool. Thanks. beerchug.gif
Sleepin
914 parts trivia! biggrin.gif Fairly easy after recently scrapping 4 of them. lol3.gif Let me know if you need anything BTW.
PeeGreen 914
Here is the wheel I am sending out... I do want it back someday. It is a Momo Benneton.
dlo914
Interesting steering wheel.
dlo914
So...Jcambo7 what are your goals for the car?

jcambo7
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 1 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Just call me James. Well I want to get the engine running first. Need to hook up all the fuel lines. I will replace the usual stuff like spark plugs, gaskets, etc... I know I do want to rebuild it eventually. I have a friend who has an engine stand but he is currently using it for his Nissan 240 engine. I do want to restore the car and get rid of all the rust. AXing it is one of my future goals. I need to make a list...a big list... idea.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *

Here is the wheel I am sending out... I do want it back someday. It is a Momo Benneton.

Of course Jon. Thanks for lending it to me. Once I get my own I will send it back to u. beerchug.gif
jcambo7
Here r some pics of the bottom of the engine
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

FourBlades

That is a very complete project car. Nice score!

Now the fun begins...

John
jcambo7
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Apr 1 2009, 01:41 PM) *

That is a very complete project car. Nice score!

Now the fun begins...

John

Thanks John. I know n I cant wait for this smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif driving.gif n I know I will get some more of these headbang.gif . I just ordered two books off of pelicaparts.com: How to re-build your VW motor and Haynes Automotive Repair Manual. Should be getting them on Friday.
So.Cal.914
Now we know why he had the extra HE's. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif dry.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 1 2009, 01:55 PM) *

How do u know why?
dlo914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 1 2009, 01:55 PM) *

How do u know why?

The PO removed the Heat Exchanger shields on the ones on the car, leaving with just the stock headers.

I think blink.gif correct me if im wrong.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Wrong outer motor mounts!
Someone used a sideshifter engine bar with the early tailshifter outer mounts.

Hopefully, the correct hardware is somewhere inside one of those piles of stuff you got ...
shades.gif Andy
rktmn247
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 1 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Just call me James. Well I want to get the engine running first. Need to hook up all the fuel lines. I will replace the usual stuff like spark plugs, gaskets, etc... I know I do want to rebuild it eventually. I have a friend who has an engine stand but he is currently using it for his Nissan 240 engine. I do want to restore the car and get rid of all the rust. AXing it is one of my future goals. I need to make a list...a big list... idea.gif

If you are going back to original I would be interested in the non stock tachometer. Shoot me a pm after you get things sorted. Looks like a nice score for the price! Congrats!
Sleepin
:ding ding ding: we have a winner!
jcambo7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 1 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Hopefully, the correct hardware is somewhere inside one of those piles of stuff you got ...
shades.gif Andy

Hopefully, if not how much would those cost? headbang.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 02:07 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Put a WTD: in the classifieds for some good used ones. I am sure you'll get a fair price.
Cevan
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 1 2009, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 09:29 AM) *

R these for the fuel tank?
Click to view attachment

The blue thing on the far left is a calculator. You should have thrown that away before you brought that 914 home! lol-2.gif

Excellent!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:27 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Put a WTD: in the classifieds for some good used ones. I am sure you'll get a fair price.

I think I have 3 sets of them in a box here. You are welcome to them if you want them.

BTW... come to Talimena..... I will be glad to give you a personal tech session, and a ride in a running 914.

And hook up with all the locals in Tulsa. There are lots of them, and everyone is willing to help.

jcambo7
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 1 2009, 10:27 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

I think I have 3 sets of them in a box here. You are welcome to them if you want them.

BTW... come to Talimena..... I will be glad to give you a personal tech session, and a ride in a running 914.

And hook up with all the locals in Tulsa. There are lots of them, and everyone is willing to help.

Awesome, thanks. I would like to have them. How much u want for them? I would like to come down sometime. That would be fun to ride in a 914 that runs. I can only sit in mine lol-2.gif I met A & P Girl who's in Tulsa about a month ago. She showed the 3 914's they have in storage. I would also like to meet them all. Where is Talimena in TX?
jcambo7
So I figured something out today...that I love seeing my car everyday before and after work when ever I walk down or up the stairs to my room. wub.gif I can't wait to start working on it. Hopefully soon I will be able to. smash.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 09:56 PM) *

So I figured something out today...that I love seeing my car everyday before and after work when ever I walk down or up the stairs to my room. wub.gif I can't wait to start working on it. Hopefully soon I will be able to. smash.gif

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:02 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)

Awesome thanks. Maybe my 914 will be up n running well enough to go n the trip. That would be awesome. piratenanner.gif driving.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:12 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)

Awesome thanks. Maybe my 914 will be up n running well enough to go n the trip. That would be awesome. piratenanner.gif driving.gif

Remember to sign up for a AAA Tow Service Membership...it's mandatory for 914s biggrin.gif av-943.gif tooth.gif teef.gif prop.gif head_hurts_kr.gif goof.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:32 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)

Remember to sign up for a AAA Tow Service Membership...it's mandatory for 914s biggrin.gif av-943.gif tooth.gif teef.gif prop.gif head_hurts_kr.gif goof.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif I will be with USAA. Its what I have on my Honda and for my bank. I have towing for my Honda in the insurance so I will def have it for the 914.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:32 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)

agree.gif Never leave home without it aktion035.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 2 2009, 12:48 AM) *

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 1 2009, 10:32 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Talimena (click)

agree.gif Never leave home without it aktion035.gif

av-943.gif Neither will I beerchug.gif
craig downs
Nice score. Looks like you have most of the parts you need.
If you want to change the front fender you don't have to section it like it was suggested. You can remove the old fender by drilling out the spot welds that you can get to then cut the bulk of it off before the seam on the door pillar. Now you can get to the rest of the spot welds along the door pillar. Once you get the rest of it off clean up the joints and install the other fender
jcambo7
QUOTE(craig downs @ Apr 2 2009, 01:57 AM) *

Nice score. Looks like you have most of the parts you need.
If you want to change the front fender you don't have to section it like it was suggested. You can remove the old fender by drilling out the spot welds that you can get to then cut the bulk of it off before the seam on the door pillar. Now you can get to the rest of the spot welds along the door pillar. Once you get the rest of it off clean up the joints and install the other fender

Thanks. Hopefully i dohave most the parts I need. I still am sorting through them all. I'm about to post some pics of some that I am trying to figure out what they r. Im new to all this so everyone please bear with me. drunk.gif
jcambo7
Another bunch of newbie questions of what these parts r n where they go please
Here they r
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
One more part. I think they're gasket's? Maybe for the header's?

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Top pic- It appears they are used in the brake lines.
Middle pic- left side, points for the dizzy-condenser for the dizzy
Bottom- Your fuels rails for the fuel injection

Gaskets are for your heads, they go in between the head and the valve cover.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:50 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Awesome, thanks. I would like to have them. How much u want for them? I would like to come down sometime. That would be fun to ride in a 914 that runs. I can only sit in mine lol-2.gif I met A & P Girl who's in Tulsa about a month ago. She showed the 3 914's they have in storage. I would also like to meet them all. Where is Talimena in TX?

In your battery tray thread, I saw the mount point for the engine bar. It shows the proper mount in it already.

Someone may have thought they needed them even with the mounts already there.

jcambo7
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 2 2009, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 1 2009, 11:50 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

In your battery tray thread, I saw the mount point for the engine bar. It shows the proper mount in it already.

Sweet. I will try to take pics of all my mounts and post them. Hopefully they are all the right ones.
jcambo7
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 2 2009, 05:51 AM) *

Top pic- It appears they are used in the brake lines.

Thanks Carrie. Appreciate it. When is your 914 project going to get started again?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 2 2009, 03:51 AM) *

Top pic- It appears they are used in the NOT used in the brake lines.

Probably low preasure fuel with a push on connector like that.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 2 2009, 05:09 AM) *

Just for clarification, Clay, the pic's, other than one was of someone else's car. James posted the first pic only.
JWest
The tach is a 930 (911 turbo) tach that was converted to a fuel gauge instead of a boost gauge. I do not know if the tach is set up for 4 or 6 cylinder, the owner had a bunch of projects going on...
JWest

Correct, and you won't find the calipers there, James. I have them and I need to get that part back so I can sell the calipers for the widow of the car owner. PM sent. smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(JWest @ Apr 2 2009, 11:01 AM) *

Correct, and you won't find the calipers there, James. I have them and I need to get that part back so I can sell the calipers for the widow of the car owner. PM sent. smile.gif

I replied to your PM. smile.gif
jcambo7
Lookie what I found! piratenanner.gif Found this in the glove box! aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 2 2009, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 2 2009, 03:51 AM) *

Top pic- It appears they are used in the NOT used in the brake lines.

Probably low preasure fuel with a push on connector like that.

Sweet thanks. Those fuel rails r an extra set too. I checked this morning. I have some on the engine. piratenanner.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(JWest @ Apr 2 2009, 10:49 AM) *

The tach is a 930 (911 turbo) tach that was converted to a fuel gauge instead of a boost gauge. I do not know if the tach is set up for 4 or 6 cylinder, the owner had a bunch of projects going on...

R u talking about the white one in the center console JWest? If so I did notice that their r no wires for it at all.
jcambo7
Can u put a left side marker on the right side? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.