Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine deck lid seals Who needs one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
This is a sample from the first die test run. It has an aluminum blip instead of the steel like OEM. The combination or heat from the engine with moisture causes the OEM to rust and crack. This one will not. It is 1/16" longer than the OEM to belp hide the deck lid gap if yours is not perfectly alligned.

I did notice that with the deck lid installed it was a pain to install, so I will make these available in a 2 part format where you can press the clip on, put the seal over the clip and glue the two together in palce. I can do the 2 part kit for $22. I personally think it's much easier to install this way.

The flap is actually 1/16" longer than OEM to hide some of your deck lid allignment issues.

These will be available to ship April 23rd.
craig downs
Yes Yes Yes I need one bad sign me up
6freak
yes two please biggrin.gif ..and send MR 242 the bill lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
umm yep. 1 please...
A&PGirl
You know it.

I'll take 3
jmill
I'm in.
McMark
Two for me.
treemn
One please.
burton73
I an in for two sets when you are ready.

Thanks,

Bob
Todd Enlund
I'll definitely be in for one when I find a job...
gothspeed
I think I am gonna need one of these too smile.gif!!!
FourBlades

I can use a couple of those too...

John
carr914
I'm in for 2 (I need a job too, but I'll buy when your ready)

T.C.
slow914
oh snap, yes sir 1 for me
Mikey914
Well, here's some pictures of my install on one of my project cars. With the deck lid on the challange is to get it on so that it sits where you want it. This is had in the corners where there is extra material in the channel and you don't want to mess with trying to dig it out for fear of messing up your paint. This is where it's handy to be able to have a void to allow for the extra material in the gap. For this installation I placed the clip material on the lip then placed the rubber in position and glued it down with a shoe goo. It just takes a little. You could use 3M weather strip adheasive as it dosen't dry if you wish, or even rubber cement. It really dosen't take much as even without the glue the rubber sit in place well, the glue is primarily to keep it from moving.

PM me if you want one, let me know if you want it pre-glued or not.
lotus_65
okgoodsurefine.

one please. unglued.

-thefleur
VoPo914
I'll take one-unglued.

Blaine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.