Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Latch - Is this correct? Whats missing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Howdy all,

My 914 has a PORSCHE sign on the back that, I think, covered what used to be a key slot and button to open the trunk. Here is what I have now. Is this correct? What do I need to get to get it back to 'normal'? Also, there is a wire to that cylinoid on the bottom... Is there a button to these old Porsches that opened the trunk?

Hmmm

Thanks.

Eric

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dave_Darling
The reflector was aftermarket. Since you couldn't use the stock push-button to open the trunk with it installed, you needed to add a pull-cable or an electric solenoid release. So yes, the solenoid there is also aftermarket.

Stock is just a push-button with a key in the rear panel. No other release at all. Looks like you need the button/lock assembly, and that's about it. And, of course, you would get rid of the solenoid and patch all of those holes.

--DD
SirAndy
Aftermarket for both, the PORSCHE reflector and the solenoid ...

The original setup is a pushbutton that you can lock with your key.
shades.gif Andy

EDIT: The damp one beat me to it! beerchug.gif
pktzygt
At least it has a pull cord for an emergency release. How many posts have there been about stuck trunks in the last couple weeks?
charliew
Or you can buy the cable release thats available if you like the porsche reflector so everyone knows it's not a vw.
jcambo7
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 5 2009, 01:06 PM) *

At least it has a pull cord for an emergency release. How many posts have there been about stuck trunks in the last couple weeks?

I know of one. It was me! lol-2.gif smash.gif
Cire
Great Info. So I am trying to get it back to normal / stock. Does anyone have a key lock and button push for the trunk? All the stuff I need to make it right?

Also, I have a nice Porsche reflector for the back of your 914. = ) Make it look like a 911 I guess.

Also, are there any things I am missing? I see a couple of other smaller holes. Was there a 2.0 sign or a 914 sign or ???? on the back of the car?

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cire @ Apr 5 2009, 07:09 PM) *

I see a couple of other smaller holes. Was there a 2.0 sign or a 914 sign or ???? on the back of the car?

I can see the outline of a "914" badge in the picture ...
shades.gif Andy
championgt1
agree.gif The other holes you are going to have to fill.
RJMII
Eric,

I've got the 914 badge and the push button. There's also a link on here somewhere for rekeying the trunk lock to match your key set.
I'll pull it tomorrow while I'm getting your carpet piece, antenna, etc off of my parts car for you. =o)

edit: http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php
-Jim
Cire
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 5 2009, 11:28 PM) *

Eric,

I've got the 914 badge and the push button. There's also a link on here somewhere for rekeying the trunk lock to match your key set.
I'll pull it tomorrow while I'm getting your carpet piece, antenna, etc off of my parts car for you. =o)

edit: http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php
-Jim

Thanks Jim. You are GREAT!!

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.