Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question on point contact plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Just cleaned the distributor. Does the contact plate bearing and the area where the 2 plates adjoin get bosch grease? motor oil? or leave dry?

Thanks,

Tod
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 7 2009, 09:10 AM) *

Just cleaned the distributor. Does the contact plate bearing and the area where the 2 plates adjoin get bosch grease? motor oil? or leave dry?

Thanks,

Tod

you can use dist cam lube.
Cevan
I'll chime in here b/c I just had this all part. My upper contact plate had three raised areas that ride on the lower plate. I cleaned everything and then lightly lube the raised areas on the upper plate and the contact area on the lower plate with a small amount of lube. I used distributor cam grease just because that's what I had out. I also cleaned and lubed the lower cam that the trigger points ride on.
tod914
Ok thanks guys. Appreciate that. George the gaskets should be here this week. I'll ship soon as they arrive. They were kind of dragging their feet on the redo.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we also had new dist points plates made in China because Bosch discontinued them. (by the way!!!) Thanks for the update on the gaskets Tod.
tod914
Seen your ad on ebay for them George. Looks like they turned out real nice.
jt914-6
On top of the dist. shaft where the rotor goes, there sould be a felt piece. Add a couple drops of motor oil in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.