Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought Tarret drop links. Need pics of your setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I could use some pics of drop links setups. The Tarret adjustable drop links I bought don't come with hardware. Seems like I'll need some for the Utabs on the A-arm. Thanks in advance
CliffBraun
I can't get a good pic right now, if nobody's gotten one for ya by tomorrow morning I'll take one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 10 2009, 07:37 PM) *

I could use some pics of drop links setups. The Tarret adjustable drop links I bought don't come with hardware. Seems like I'll need some for the Utabs on the A-arm. Thanks in advance

It's just a bolt a locknut. The red "spacers" you have slide inside the hole on each end of the droplinks and act as "bearings".
All you need is a bolt that fits tight through those red spacers. I use bolts with an allen head and no thread in the center.

Below is a pictures of the droplinks i broke but you can see the bolts for reference.
bye1.gif Andy

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
And another pic with the top bolt ...

PRS914-6
Here is how the kit comes, where you need to mount the tab and installed

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JRust
Thanks for the pics biggrin.gif . Look slike I have what I need then. Just seemed like the U-tabs would be to wide without some spacers between the drop links. Guess they will be fine. I have the bolts from my original. I was just mistaken thinking I needed more hardware. As always you guys rock aktion035.gif
PRS914-6
You need the spacers. Look at Andy's picture and you can see them and in the pile of nuts and bolts in my pictures. Without them the joints are restricted in movement
JRust
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2009, 08:51 PM) *

And another pic with the top bolt ...

I don't have the red tiered spacer. Where can I find some?
PRS914-6
Probably direct from Tarrett, if you don't have a lathe. The step fits inside the heim joint. Whatever method you use, make sure the bolt is a snug fit through the heim and bracket or the bar will clunk a won't work well.
PeeGreen 914
Jamie, in your first picture you have four like things right next to the drop links. Those are the spacers.
JRust
headbang.gif Oh huh.gif LOL I'm a little off this morning. Good catch there Jon
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 11 2009, 10:15 AM) *

Jamie, in your first picture you have four like things right next to the drop links. Those are the spacers.

PRS914-6
Yes, that was a good catch. I assumed that was a generic picture since he said he didn't have any hardware. That's what I get for assuming..... wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.