Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need dates for NW caravan to WCR 09
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JRust
Sucks about your back. I'm cool with Venison but mad cow works too. Bring what you want. I'll be doing up some Pork chops besides whatever you decide to bring. We'll have plenty to eat. May try to get some other 914 guys to come that can't make WCR. I'm sure we can scare up a few more. I'll bring my BBQ down to the shop. We can have a wash wax fest or whatever biggrin.gif

Hell I don't care all I know is the next day we leave for WCR piratenanner.gif
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 30 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Sucks about your back. I'm cool with Venison but mad cow works too. Bring what you want. I'll be doing up some Pork chops besides whatever you decide to bring. We'll have plenty to eat. May try to get some other 914 guys to come that can't make WCR. I'm sure we can scare up a few more. I'll bring my BBQ down to the shop. We can have a wash wax fest or whatever biggrin.gif

Hell I don't care all I know is the next day we leave for WCR piratenanner.gif

10-4 .back feels like 60% today tuesday wednesday it was at 05% I was hate`n it ...Ill bring some wheat feed whitetail from Washington.sore back or not Im there you mite have to help me get out of the truck when we get too Cali though..lol..Prop me in my lawn chair feed me pills and beer
DNHunt
Prop me in my lawn chair feed me pills and beer

Sorry about your back but, that's not a bad way to spend some time. People used to call that a lifestyle. PM me your phone number Mike and I'll give you a call.

Dave
6freak
seen the Chiro and he put my head on strait and worked me over Im about 80% today! feels much better ..but Im afeared to polish the six or do anything like that! mite tweek it again ..I still have a little bit of time to get all things loaded.I need to check the trailer over and grease bearing and such But i dont know if im gonna get the car polished mite have to just roll with it like it is dry.gif This really sucks i have not had anything wrong with my back in almost 10 years and 3 weeks before WCR ...TWEEK F`n heavey gear box cases on a 7 1/2ton over head crane......pm sent dave
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ May 1 2009, 09:32 AM) *

seen the Chiro and he put my head on strait and worked me over Im about 80% today! feels much better ..but Im afeared to polish the six or do anything like that! mite tweek it again ..I still have a little bit of time to get all things loaded.I need to check the trailer over and grease bearing and such But i dont know if im gonna get the car polished mite have to just roll with it like it is dry.gif This really sucks i have not had anything wrong with my back in almost 10 years and 3 weeks before WCR ...TWEEK F`n heavey gear box cases on a 7 1/2ton over head crane......pm sent dave

I tweaked mine last week lifting a Type 4 shortblock into my truck by myself. It's getting better. Put a pillow between your knees when you sleep.
6freak
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 1 2009, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ May 1 2009, 09:32 AM) *

I tweaked mine last week lifting a Type 4 shortblock into my truck by myself. It's getting better. Put a pillow between your knees when you sleep.

.Been do`n that for years Todd ..it does help ..and been do`n ice and heat as well
JRust
So as far as I can tell it is just 6Freak, Todd, Morgan & myself in the caravan? Anyone else making the trip? If you are speak up please. You are welcome to crash at my place the night before. We will be having a BBQ that night. I'll add another post for BBQ specifics. I'd like to get some of the guys who can't make the WCR over. I know of at least half a dozen close by who I am sure would make it. Will make a nice kick off to our WCR weekend.

Still hoping our caravan will be much larger going down. We need more 914's blink.gif
orange914
we really wanted to make this one but it just isn't going to happen at this point anyway...

i don't know if you plan on going down 99 past sacramento (it's parallel to I-5). i'm the town below modesto about 2 hr's south of sac. and right off the freway. my home is open (or garage if need be blink.gif ). we'd love to have the caravan stop off for breather/break and meet you all if you'd like.

mike, melodie, kenny

p.s. todd you could see the 73' your euro lens is going on... eventually beerchug.gif
orange914
p.s. todd you could see the 73' your euro lens is going on... eventually

opps, edit, i got the lens from another member and the e-mail setup from you... headbang.gif age and me don't seem to get along.

mike
JRust
Hey guys I bought some carbs from Rich. If anyone is close by & wants to get them down to Mike in Tacoma I'd appreciate it. Or if Jeff Hines is coming give me a call. See you all soon
DNHunt
Mike

I still like the sound of a chair, pills and beer (carefully titrated of course). I'll give you a call tonight. Maybe I can get over and help you wax. I still have a deep sump to add, new front calipers to install, bleed then bed new pads. I still have a wash and wax to do also.

Dave
6freak
The back is much better now 95% but still alittle sore ..buffed the car friday and saterday .Got the trailer bearings packed.trying to get the truck grease up and ready to roll.Pretty much just need to pack thing up and roll ...give me a call Dave...we need to get Jamies carbs from rich somehow and get them to Oregon
JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ May 5 2009, 09:27 AM) *

The back is much better now 95% but still alittle sore ..buffed the car friday and saterday .Got the trailer bearings packed.trying to get the truck grease up and ready to roll.Pretty much just need to pack thing up and roll ...give me a call Dave...we need to get Jamies carbs from rich somehow and get them to Oregon

That would be great. Don't sweat it though if it's out of the way. I can just have Rich ship them later. Just figured if someone was going by it would save the hassle. I've got my car apart a bit. Ran my new colling lines & still burping the system. Should have that squared away tonight. Waiting on a rear caliper rebuild kit. MY drivers side sprung a leak. I've got it off & cleaned up. Denis from Driving Source in Salem is sending one out for me today. So I can get into it thursday hopefully. Then get it all buttoned up & put some test miles on it Saturday smile.gif .
A little over a week & hell yeah driving.gif
6freak
Fun in the sun piratenanner.gif we only had one sunny day out of the last maybe 8 days .I better make sure i pack the S.P.F 3000 lol-2.gif ...Hell at least its not snowing..as long as Dino stays on his side of the pond we should be ok ...lol
2-OH!
Hey...

Any of you folks come down I-5 through Valencia/Santa Clarita, we will have about three or maybe four cars leavin' here around 1200ish/1:00ish on Friday maybe a little later headed that way...

We can hook up if you want...

2-OH!
mstein95
thumb3d.gif
If the timing works - definately. I believe Jamie is leading this group of misfits. Send him a PM and exchange #s.
6freak
QUOTE(mstein95 @ May 6 2009, 02:25 PM) *

thumb3d.gif
If the timing works - definately. I believe Jamie is leading this group of misfits. Send him a PM and exchange #s.

Lead, follow,or get out of the way....6days tell Im eat steaks at Jamies with the gang of NW travelers....Dave you still have a address ? and Kevin get that stuff over so we can pack it up
DNHunt
Got the addy. I'll load em up and bring them late afternoon or early evening. I'll call first

Dave
rhodyguy
ok. the stuff will be in a sealed box. pretty small, 5 quarts of oil and a filter.
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 7 2009, 10:17 AM) *

ok. the stuff will be in a sealed box. pretty small, 5 quarts of oil and a filter.

I will be home after 330 for the rest of the day ..call or just stop by
6freak
About what time do we plan on rolling in to Ervine..Jamie Pm me your address so i can map it out ...Thanks
Mike
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ May 7 2009, 01:55 PM) *

About what time do we plan on rolling in to Ervine..Jamie Pm me your address so i can map it out ...Thanks
Mike

Put me in that PM too.
JRust
Hey Todd aren't you are official navigator? What is our plan on thursday? How far we driving? Come on man get on the ball & let us know what we are doin confused24.gif poke.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ May 7 2009, 04:29 PM) *

Hey Todd aren't you are official navigator? What is our plan on thursday? How far we driving? Come on man get on the ball & let us know what we are doin confused24.gif poke.gif

Naviguesser.

Well, Mike has to get to Manteca, so it would probably be wise for us to stop in Stockton, and pick him back up in the morning... I don't think there's much south of Stockton. That's about 570 miles from your house... actually not a bad day. About 9 hours plus stops. If we leave your place at 0700, we should be done roughly 1700. Stockton to Irvine is another 350 miles. About 6 hours plus stops. If we want to hook up with the guys in Santa Clarita, we should probably be on the road at 0800 Friday leaving Stockton.

Do you guys eat on the road, or do you prefer to stop for lunch?
computers4kids
If you guys decide to come down 99 instead of 5, you're more than welcome to stay at our house in Visalia, CA Thursday evening. It's a little less than 4 hours to Irvine from here. Anyway, just a thought. I would like to hook-up with the Bakersfield clan at 1:00 Friday (Bakersfield is 1:15 from Visalia) if it works out. If you guys decide to not come via 99, but 5 I can meet up with everyone in Bakesfield. howard.gif

Mark
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 7 2009, 05:22 PM) *

If you guys decide to come down 99 instead of 5, you're more than welcome to stay at our house in Visalia, CA Thursday evening. It's a little less than 4 hours to Irvine from here. Anyway, just a thought. I would like to hook-up with the Bakersfield clan at 1:00 Friday (Bakersfield is 1:15 from Visalia) if it works out. If you guys decide to not come via 99, but 5 I can meet up with everyone in Bakesfield. howard.gif

Mark

I'll have to let the other guys weigh in here... it would be 12 hours of drive time from Corvallis, plus stops... and we'd be leaving Mike 2 1/2 hours up the road in Manteca.
orange914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 7 2009, 04:05 PM) *

I don't think there's much south of Stockton.

i'm about 1/2 hour south of stockton on 99. we can't make it this year, but if you have any mechanical breakdowns i've got a well equipt shop in the back... all are welcome to stop in beerchug.gif

mike
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 7 2009, 07:53 PM) *

Mark

I'll have to let the other guys weigh in here... it would be 12 hours of drive time from Corvallis, plus stops... and we'd be leaving Mike 2 1/2 hours up the road in Manteca.

I'm okay stopping in Stockton. I wouldn't mind heading down 99 from there. Maybe we hit Marks in Visalia on our lunch stop. Then hook up with the bakersfield group. Is Santa Clarita still on the way if we go that route? What do you think?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ May 7 2009, 09:57 PM) *

Mark

I'm okay stopping in Stockton. I wouldn't mind heading down 99 from there. Maybe we hit Marks in Visalia on our lunch stop. Then hook up with the bakersfield group. Is Santa Clarita still on the way if we go that route? What do you think?

Yeah, that would work... if we can coordinate everything! I'll work on the timing... we could hit Mark in Visalia, the Bakersfield crowd, and still meet up with the guys from Santa Clarita. We'll have a whole parade heading in to Irvine!

My initial thought is that it would be tough to do all this and still hit Santa Clarita at 1PM...
computers4kids
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 8 2009, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 7 2009, 09:57 PM) *

Mark

Yeah, that would work... if we can coordinate everything! I'll work on the timing... we could hit Mark in Visalia, the Bakersfield crowd, and still meet up with the guys from Santa Clarita. We'll have a whole parade heading in to Irvine!

My initial thought is that it would be tough to do all this and still hit Santa Clarita at 1PM...

I'm game for whatever works out. I can always meet up with everyone in Bakersfield if 99 isn't in the cards. You guys have the long drive, just figure out what best works for you and I'll connect. It would be pretty cool if the 101 guys and Santa Clarita connected somewhere.
JRust
Yeah timing wise if we meet bakersfield guys at 1 Santa Clarita is another good hour south. Not a huge deal if we can't meet up with everyone. Not like we won't be seeing them friday at the hotel anyway. Just the cool factor of a bigger caravan drooley.gif

Heres a mapquest link of the possible http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Stockton&a...1:::::f:EN:M:/e
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ May 8 2009, 07:14 AM) *

Yeah timing wise if we meet bakersfield guys at 1 Santa Clarita is another good hour south. Not a huge deal if we can't meet up with everyone. Not like we won't be seeing them friday at the hotel anyway. Just the cool factor of a bigger caravan drooley.gif

Heres a mapquest link of the possible http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Stockton&a...1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Im game for anything as long as Im in Manteca thursday.Then we the PNW group hooks back up on I-5 or somewhere for breakfast ..then meet up with the rest down the road ..I have no idea whats better 99 or I-5.....pulling in all at the same time with trucks trailers and a bunch of cars could really be a cluster F*$#..JMO.. but hey if thats how it works out then we deal with it...Dont forget this is for fun piratenanner.gif ............ ..what time are we all meeting at your house Jamie ....I think we should leave your place at the crack of dawn
rhodyguy
1700. commute time in scaramento. why? hwy 99 dry.gif WTF.gif . haha, you guys are killing me.

i'll swing by with the stuff this afternoon mike.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2009, 08:29 AM) *

1700. commute time in scaramento. why? hwy 99 dry.gif WTF.gif . haha, you guys are killing me.

1700 Stockton. 1600 Sacramento... just on the front edge of the commute.
6freak

Sounds good kevin ...If 99 down there is anything like up here its all Traffic lights so i really dont know why we would do that unless the traffic is just stopped on the 5 ..Maybe 99 down there is just another perallel freeway with no lites ..i have no idea ..Its all good.....ARE WE THERE YET smile.gif
DNHunt
Watch out for the bikes. Thet allow them to run between the lanes in congestion. I sweat wearing on those guys on my door making a lane change.

Dave
JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ May 8 2009, 11:55 AM) *

Sounds good kevin ...If 99 down there is anything like up here its all Traffic lights so i really dont know why we would do that unless the traffic is just stopped on the 5 ..Maybe 99 down there is just another perallel freeway with no lites ..i have no idea ..Its all good.....ARE WE THERE YET smile.gif

99 is just another hwy. No stop lights I know of. Probably not as nice a road as I5 but it's fine. I'm pretty sure it is still a 3 lane hwy for the most part. I've made the Visalia trip a couple times coming & going from one thing or another. Traffic is still pretty quick. I doubt it would cost us any time over I5. I'd like to swing that way as it is still on the way. Plus Linda makes great fresh lemonade from her tree drooley.gif Still not critical as we will see everyone later in the day.

I agree "ARE WE THERE YET" w00t.gif
mstein95
All this talk about drive times and distance to cover is making my butt hurt.
blink.gif
Don't let me forget a donut to sit on.
rhodyguy
morgan, if the weather is nice and you have the top off (you should, going thru the siskyous is wonderful) don't forget your sunblock and even more important, some high spf lip balm. esp the next day from stockton to la.

k
JRust
I don't care how we go! I just want to get there in one piece. So Naviguesser give us our route biggrin.gif . Holy crap we leave in 5 days
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ May 9 2009, 06:22 PM) *

I don't care how we go! I just want to get there in one piece. So Naviguesser give us our route biggrin.gif . Holy crap we leave in 5 days

I still need to know if we are eating on the road, or stopping for meals. chowtime.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 9 2009, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 9 2009, 06:22 PM) *

I still need to know if we are eating on the road, or stopping for meals. chowtime.gif

I'm good either way. I say a quick breakfast at my house. I don't think we are in to big a hurry. So I don't mind a stop for lunch. Still I'm open to whatever for lunch. Dinner will be after we stop for the night in Stockton? Again I am open to whatever. WE have time to change things in route. Let's just get our basic stops down.

WCR here we come almost driving.gif
6freak
What time should i get too your house Jamie ? I think where every we stop to fuel up is where we eat ,(,Eat here and get gas)LOL..Otherwise snack on the road.......Start`n to get excited
Todd Enlund
Plan: A common point from which to deviate

Okay, here's the plan:

0700 000 Leave Jamie's house
0800 058 Pick up Morgan at the rest stop 4 miles south of Creswell
1100 224 Stop for gas and lunch in Ashland exit 14
1400 386 Stop for gas in Red Bluff*
1700 564 Stop for the day in Stockton
1720 581 Mike goes on to Manteca

0700 564 Leave Stockton
0730 599 Meet Mike at Chevron on E Hatch Rd @ Hwy 99 Modesto
1000 733 Stop in Visalia for gas, lunch and to pick up Mark
1300 893 Stop in Santa Clarita for gas and to pick up Rick
1500 971 Arrive Irvine

* The Red Bluff gas stop may be optional, but it's a chance to stretch legs.

Times are approximate, and subject to change.

Mike, Morgan, Rick, Mark - PM me your cell #

Mark - PM me your address

Rick - where do you want to hook up in Santa Clarita? How's the Chevron on The Old Rd @ Magic Mountain Pkwy? And, for our part, if it works for you guys, 1400 would probably be a bit better for us.
JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ May 10 2009, 09:09 AM) *

What time should i get too your house Jamie ? I think where every we stop to fuel up is where we eat ,(,Eat here and get gas)LOL..Otherwise snack on the road.......Start`n to get excited

Whenever. I have the day off & will be working on my car all day. If I have it all ready I will spend the day driving it to test it. So anytime you want to show is fine.

Todd very nice that looks pretty dang cool. All works for me biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I didn't read your whole thread to find out why you guys are considering Hwy 99 but let me make a couple comments, Hwy 99 runs parallel to Hwy 5, sometimes as little as 5 miles apart, Hwy 99 is two lane each way much of the way down to Stockton and is 55 MPH speed limit compared to Hwy 5 at 65 or 70. There is almost no reason I can think of to use Hwy 99 and it is bumpier than Hwy 5. Just my opinion, FWIW...

Commute time in Sacramento is not too bad. You would only really have traffic that is heavy and less than the posted speed from your crossing the American River on the North side of downtown until you reach the South side of downtown. That is perhaps a 7 mile stretch. Stockton has heavier traffic both on 99 and 5 at commute time.

Bikes do split lanes in California but for the most part, that only occurs when traffic is at less than the posted speed by 15 MPH. Personally, I never split traffic unless it is stopped at a light and I just move through to the front. My bike is bigger than most though... Your best driving technique when being passed by bikes is to just move a bit to let them by. They will give you a wave as they go by.

As with most planned iteneraries, you will probably run later than this. That is not a bad thing as traffic is better in both Sac and Stockton only 1 hour later.
computers4kids
Hey all, I would be glad to connect with you when 5 intersects 99 down by Bakersfield if 99 is not your first choice. For me 99 is a no brainer where I am, but in Stockton 5 and 99 are very close together. If you guys were coming closer to Visalia the first day, I'd say just have everyone crash here Thursday night...I have a couple extra beds and a couch..., the 914 bed and breakfast stop--just a thought.

Mark

Oh, Jamie...did you bump your AAA card up to plus? 3 miles or 100 miles towing????
computers4kids
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 10 2009, 06:34 PM) *

55 MPH speed limit compared to Hwy 5 at 65 or 70.

True, unless you're towing a vehicle. 55 is the speed limit everywhere in CA if you're towing...although you can try to blend in the flow of traffic on 5 driving.gif It's all good until those little lights are on behind you headbang.gif
6freak
Good on the time thing Jamie then there will be no rush!
Todd you need this 2533704458

Get the fuch outta here 55 down there in Cali with a trailer ..I tryed that on the way to SD(seen the signs) and bout got run off the road so i stepped it up to 65-70 and they where still blow`n by like i was on jack stands...JMO but i think we should stay on the 5 smoother ,faster, .....ARE WE THERE YET piratenanner.gif ...PS I like the Itin but i can get around 300+ miles a tank so we should play that by ear like Todd says subject too change..ARE WE THERE YET driving.gif piratenanner.gif ...DONT MAKE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER lmao
biosurfer1
Traffic on 5 really isnt that bad through Sacramento, just stay in the fast lane to make sure you don't get caught in the 50 interchange.

Do NOT take 99 south of Sacramento if it's anywhere close to 5pm...parking lot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.