Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need dates for NW caravan to WCR 09
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
slow914
Need to know what dates and where we are meeting

Here is the list from previous thread

DNHunt 100% ( probably taking scenic route via Georgia )

Rhodyguy 50/50 ( worried about Tacoma traffic)

Kelty 30/70 ( working hard to get the svx subie conversion done)

Greenie no go ( lot's of balls in the air)

Nord 80/20 ( doesn't want to upset Greenie with the long distance award)

Sixnotfour 100% ( so many choices ..which teener to drive? maybe just the Gulfstream, something about a pickle?)

JRUST 100% + looking for 2 passengers

slow914 no go (no money no car)

914 Junkie 100%( solid )

Bovey 99.9999999 % ( dependent on economic recovery & wife's approval)

effutuo no go ( trying to find flared car to swap out his drivetrain)

PanelBilly no go ( a couple more cycles of base/clear/sand off repeat to go )

Todd Enlund 100% ( looking for ride & film for his digital camera)

LouW 100% ( solid)

TC 914-8 20/80 ( hasn't been out of sqwim in years ,not sure where LA is)

MSTEIN 100% ( he's half way there already)

Eric Shea ??% ( wishes he could hang with the cool guys in the PNW)

6freak 100% + a few passengers?

Rich 20/80 (better get the LE done one way or another)

What days do I need to take off

on a personal note Ive given up on paint to focus on reliability/safety
greenie
I'm sorry to say I'm not in the caravan, I can't find the time, new job and lots of travel scheduled for May this year. sad.gif

I'm disappointed because it's going to be a blast. driving.gif

Say Hi to everyone for me. beerchug.gif \
rhodyguy
so...you aren't attending or not driving?

k
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 12 2009, 08:35 AM) *

k

Unfortunately not attending. sad.gif
JRust
Thats too bad Greenie. Can you send the general in her bikini please drooley.gif

I'm a go for sure! I'll be towing my 914 down to be on the safe side. Todd is riding down with me so he's a go too. I took Wednesday the 13th- Tuesday the 19th off. I'm good for whenever. I may change the wednesday to the following week if we leave Thursday. I'm good with whatever. I have the time off & things in place so I don't have to worry. About the only thing is if the Creamsicle is done. What do I bring confused24.gif .I doubt it will be ready & kind of hoping it won't. I really want to take the 914-8 for the autoX driving.gif
PanelBilly
I won't be there this year either. Business has been too slow and I layed off several people. There's still work to be done and I need to do it all with a tiny crew to be profitable. Means more work for me, but at least I have work to do.

If Costco Headquarters would sign a few of the proposals that they've asked me to present, I'd be hiring a few people back and give the bank back their money.

Sleepin
QUOTE(greenie @ Apr 12 2009, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 12 2009, 08:35 AM) *

k

Unfortunately not attending. sad.gif

I will write you a Dr's note if you need one! biggrin.gif
mstein95
I'll be following Jamie. I think I'll be able to relax and enjoy the trip more knowing I'm following a guy with a trailer and tools.

pray.gif
6freak
Make that two trailers!! cause i wanna hook up with Jamie somewhere on I-5 for the drive down.the only bummer is none of my parts will fit your car..but you can use my jack and tools if need be..And i will have two radios..I looked up the Hotel last nite and it said all booked ...WTF hope thats not the case Im calling right know flag.gif
914werke
Id love to go and Im trying to keep the idea alive idea.gif
BUT... Ive still yet to land a full time gig, so its probanly an extravagance
I cant afford. sad.gif
I'd plan on DRIVING the LE so I have to finish it, headbang.gif

I have great memories of 05 Jim, Kev, Al, Mike & his crew, evan Craig towing
JLow.. it was a kick!
JRust
I am driving my Excursion down. If anyone just wants to ride down to save on gas you are welcome. So far it is just me & Todd. The backseat is available if anyone wants a lift. Comfort wise probably be best to keep it to 2 more. Of course then you aren't driving your 914 on the track days. Which I do plan on doing drooley.gif
6freak
I`ll be driveing my 4 door Dodge truck ..so i to would have room if someone want to ride down ..Im stop`n just south of Sacramento for one nite at my sisters..11 hour first day drive ..its gonna be a long day ..and then of course on to Ervine
effutuo101
I am out. Not happy about it.
You guys have fun. I have to much to do to make it in the time allowed. I will plan for next year.
slow914
Updated list

I am out, gf and I need money for other things and the car is a ways from being done, still planning to drive to the bay area at some point this summer so I'd like to kick it when we get down there

headbang.gif drunk.gif aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
I am out, gf and I need money for other things

Marriage ?
slow914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 13 2009, 07:40 PM) *

I am out, gf and I need money for other things

Marriage ?

slap.gif
Jesus no, much more important things like credit card bills, car parts oh yeah and beer3.gif
6freak
so it looks like Seattle Tacoma area its just Jeff and i ... WTF.gif ..Maybe two from Oregon ......O and Kevin Fly`n down better rent a hot car Kevin...and DHunt
biosurfer1
If a bunch of you stop in Sacramento for the night or for dinner, let me know. I know of a couple good restaurants downtown to meet up at.
sixnotfour
Mike got your pm sounds good, you do the planning let me know, Ill just go with your plan. Oh ya and drivin something green.
I better register.
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 14 2009, 02:35 PM) *

Mike got your pm sounds good, you do the planning let me know, Ill just go with your plan. Oh ya and drivin something green.
I better register.

Damn Jeff i just read this ..I already booked a room with a king bed sheeplove.gif av-943.gif .......Bust`n a gut right now ....we can fix that when we get there...we will get it worked out trust me LMAO
sixnotfour
Im a 50/50 due to work anyway. I was supposed to get 30 days off, I just got told to be there everyday.
I used to only work 4 days a week, now 5.
I guess I could quit........ Nope my General says thats not an option.
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 21 2009, 12:00 PM) *

Im a 50/50 due to work anyway. I was supposed to get 30 days off, I just got told to be there everyday.

do what ya gotta do ..just know the options there
slow914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 21 2009, 12:00 PM) *

Oh man, we will miss seeing you two out of five days every week during the summer for random shit you slacker idea.gif
sixnotfour
RRC is for sure.
JRust
Bump for planning. When do you all want to leave? I can leave Wednesday or Thursday. Whatever works better for everyone. We don't meet till late Friday so we can drive plenty n friday too. So no reason we can't leave on Thursday & make it just fine. Let me know what you guys are thinking.

Also another update on who is going to caravan down would be great! WCR here we come biggrin.gif
6freak
Im ok with leaving Thursday around 3 or 4 am ..I just know i dont want to be cought up in Portland traffic in the AM
JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 26 2009, 02:15 PM) *

Im ok with leaving Thursday around 3 or 4 am ..I just know i dont want to be cought up in Portland traffic in the AM

So that would put you close to Corvallis & me around 9 or 10? How far are you wanting to drive on Thursday? I know the LA traffic on friday will blow no matter the time
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 26 2009, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 26 2009, 02:15 PM) *

So that would put you close to Corvallis & me around 9 or 10? How far are you wanting to drive on Thursday? I know the LA traffic on friday will blow no matter the time

That should put him in Corvallis around 7 or 8, I'd guess. A bit more than 4 hours.

Choices for day 1 would be pretty much Willows, Williams or Sacramento... maybe Stockton. Tacoma to Stockton would be a really long day for Mike.
6freak
Is there a rest stop somewhere on I-5 close too you or better yet a fuel stop ..cause then we would both have a full tanks when we hook up? My friend is just past Sacremento.I will stay there Thursday nite.(Thats gonna be a one on one deal for personal reasons)GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTERS LOL ..so we could all meet back up on Friday morning just south of Sac for some breakfast..(dont know how long it takes too get from there to SmellA ?).............hammer down to Ervine:driving: Todd maybe you can set up the road trip ..with fuel and rest stops and a place for breakfast friday morning kinda of a itinerary thing ..We need to get a car count also so we make sure that anyone that wants to carevan doesnt get left out ..I will have two way radios for the trip
mstein95
No restrictions on departure time for me - just needs to be after Tuesday.

Rhodyguy had offered some suggestion in the past on routes and pit-stops. Maybe Kevin can pipe in.
rhodyguy
stockton is a better target for the way down (imho). we left portland around 8am for the 05' and arrived around sundown, feeble memory. coming home, willows is a good target. we left the streets at the lunch break and got to willows around 8ish maybe later. this was driving straight thru. dine at the brown bear resturant in willows. btw, i can't attend. unforseen circumstances.

k
6freak
Well i just checked Yahoo maps and i states that ...Manteca Ca is 12hr 14 min from my house and i dont think thats including fuel stops ...holy crap thats gonna be a long day...its just south of Stockton not Sacremento...almost 800 miles Damn.So maybe Jamie and company can peel off at Stockton eat at the brown eye or bear something like that lol-2.gif and i will meet them in Manteca in the AM for breakfast ,fuel and the remender of the drive ....just ideas ...but it is a must I make it to Menteca..I made a promise.......................Kevin you can drop that stuff off anytime
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 27 2009, 09:48 AM) *

Todd maybe you can set up the road trip ..with fuel and rest stops and a place for breakfast friday morning kinda of a itinerary thing.

I don't have a problem being the naviguesser, but I'm not driving... I'm riding with Jamie.

I don't know exactly where in Corvallis Jamie is, but it looks to me like Exit 228 would be a good place to meet up... there is a Chevron and an Arco-AM/PM there.

Morgan, we could call you when we pull out from Corvallis, and it would give you 30 minutes to set up a merge... we could make a second call about two miles from your choice of on ramp, and you get on and drive 55, we should catch you a few miles down the road. Or, there is a rest stop ~10 miles south of Eugene...

I do always like to stop to top off the tank in Medford or Ashland to put off paying California gas prices as long as possible. Time works out about right for lunch too. Exit 14 has a few gas stations and a Subway. I'm on a tight budget, to the point that I really shouldn't even be going... so for me, the $5 footlong is a hard deal to beat.
rhodyguy
i think that 12 hour estimate is pretty optimistic mike. i'll be a long day for sure. you're not going to make 914 "time" on the way down. we were driving pretty fast in 05' right from leaving portland. i'll drop off the oil and other items later this week. both days driving home will be REAL long ones.

k
6freak
I think so too Kevin ..I was thinking more like 14...Im home anytime after 330 on most days ...well besides the gym on Monday and wednesday and friday ..LOL ...Just give a call before you come over that will work
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 27 2009, 02:16 PM) *

I think so too Kevin ..I was thinking more like 14...Im home anytime after 330 on most days ...well besides the gym on Monday and wednesday and friday ..LOL ...Just give a call before you come over that will work

Hey Mike, if you want to shorten the day a little, you are welcome to crash at my place on Wednesday night. I have the whole house to myself now... but it's getting pretty barren as I prepare it for sale. I can give you the couch and some blankets, or a mattress on the floor...

The offer is open to anyone else heading down from farther north as well.
JRust
Yes exit 228 is the place to meet. I am only 8 miles from it. I'm good leaving anytime thursday too. Was hoping to get more done on my car before but just hasn't happened. Definately good I am planning on the trailer. Hope to rerun my cooling lines this weekend & a few other things. I've got some parts I'm bringing down too. Sounds like Morgans good with whatever thursday too. I can even leave wednesday if that is preferable.

I'm totally open to whatever poeple want to do for the trip down. I plan to not stress about anything. This is a big time chill trip for me. Well until the racing anyway aktion035.gif . I'm good with Todd figuring out stops & such. Just tell me where to go & as long as we end up at WCR on time I'm happy biggrin.gif
6freak
Maybe wednesday would be better ...for safety reason ..14 hours is a very long day behind the wheel......I do believe i will take you up on that Todd .So how far is Boring from T- town.I have some friends in Westlind and Milwaukee as well..Ill do some maps searches
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 28 2009, 09:26 AM) *

Maybe wednesday would be better ...for safety reason ..14 hours is a very long day behind the wheel......I do believe i will take you up on that Todd .So how far is Boring from T- town.I have some friends in Westlind and Milwaukee as well..Ill do some maps searches

I'm probably 2 1/2 hours from you... about 150 miles. 10 miles East of I-205 in the Portland area. An hour and a half or so from Jamie, and about 11 hours total from my place to Manteca, not counting stops. I'd figure about an hours worth of stops.
6freak
That would be cool !then i wont have to get up at 3AM on thursday.I could leave wednesday around 11 or 12 and make it down to your place by 3 easy.go to dinner and get a good rest and leave early thursday morning and meet up with Jamie and hit the road ..Or we could crash Jamies house LOL Wednesday nite and all go to dinner ..you can ride to Jamie`s with me ...Im open for ideas.....Dance`n bare and steaks piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 28 2009, 01:14 PM) *

That would be cool !then i wont have to get up at 3AM on thursday.I could leave wednesday around 11 or 12 and make it down to your place by 3 easy.go to dinner and get a good rest and leave early thursday morning and meet up with Jamie and hit the road ..Or we could crash Jamies house LOL Wednesday nite and all go to dinner ..you can ride to Jamie`s with me ...Im open for ideas.....Dance`n bare and steaks piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif

Nah, I'll cook something. My budget is tight, and I can cook a good meal for a few bucks. Shit, I can get 12 oz filet mignon for $6 each.
JRust
You guys want to come further south to my place no problem. I've got 2 xtra beds & you can bring the steaks biggrin.gif . We can BBQ them no problemo. Plenty of parking for Trailers with 914's also. Heck I'll probably need help doing something on my car that night before we leave dry.gif . Anyone else coming from up north?
DNHunt
I'm coming. I'll be passing through Tuesday afternoon, but no stops in Corvallis for me. Dinner in Eugene, spend the night in Cottage Grove. Then to the coast and we'll stay in Willits Wednesday night. San Simeon Thursday night, and we'll get to LA Friday midday I hope. (914 angels following along and guiding my way, of course.) Preparation H is packed. See you guys in LaLa land.

Mike are you trailering your car? If so, do you have room for any track tires?

Dave
mstein95
My crystal ball says "Dinner at Beppe & Gianni's". Could it be wrong?
DNHunt
No, La Perla Pizzeria, Uncle John runs it most of the time. Beppe handles Beppe and Gianni's
6freak
Yes Dave I can haul tires for ya(call me).Todd i like the idea of go`n to Jamie`s Wednesday that puts us just that much farther south that day. I can pick you up or meet you there and we can give Jamie a hand until 1 in the morning get drunk drunk.gif and still be dog tired when we leave LOL (just kid`n).I can bring venison steaks for everyone chowtime.gif or dinner out! that way we dont mess up Jamie kitchen and dont have to do dishes and clean up.We`re gonna have fun even before we get there piratenanner.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Yes Dave I can haul tires for ya(call me).Todd i like the idea of go`n to Jamie`s Wednesday that puts us just that much farther south that day. I can pick you up or meet you there and we can give Jamie a hand until 1 in the morning get drunk drunk.gif and still be dog tired when we leave LOL (just kid`n).I can bring venison steaks for everyone chowtime.gif or dinner out! that way we dont mess up Jamie kitchen and dont have to do dishes and clean up.We`re gonna have fun even before we get there piratenanner.gif

Works for me. I can drive myself to Jamie's... it will save you going about 30 miles out of your way.
6freak
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 29 2009, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Works for me. I can drive myself to Jamie's... it will save you going about 30 miles out of your way.

Right on
JRust
Sounds great guys. I'm always up for some steaks on the grill. Not many dishes to deal with there. Hopefully I'll have my car all squared away. Going to rerun my cooling lines this weekend. Thats really the biggest thing. Other little tidbits too but nothing critical to being done. As far as beverages I don't drink. No problem if you want to bring some beer or whatever as long as we keep it in the garage.

Man it is coming quick. Wish it was this week. I need the break dry.gif
6freak
Cool Im ok with just soda pop so do we want venison or mad cow im ok with booth ........Hey guess what i did monday nite ...I blew my back out ..Mother fu&*#@ it hurts ..been hitting the jacuzzi and ice pad, poppen pills like a addict man this sucks but i have not thrown in the towel just yet ...going to the chiro tonite
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.