Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Shaft...What Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tman914
Just pulled this trans out and the needle baering is wasted and put a grove on the shaft is this going to be ok too part put back together with new parts ? confused24.gif
The pressure plate was also hitting the fly wheel
Dr Evil
It looks as if your flywheel had been resurfaced thus bringing your clutch disk closer to the bolts. Many people have had success in grinding a little off of the flywheel bolts, but I cant tell you how much is too much. I would get a new flywheel or a good used. When using a non machined flywheel you will need to make sure that the pivot ball for your TO bearing fork is seated in the case without spacers (there should be spacers under the ball if your fly wheel was machined and all was assembled correctly.

Regarding the worn drive shaft tip, measure it at its thickest point where it inserts into the pilot bearing. I cant tell from the pic. I can measure a known good in my garage and we can compare.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tman914 @ Apr 11 2009, 05:13 PM) *

Just pulled this trans out and the needle baering is wasted and put a grove on the shaft is this going to be ok too part put back together with new parts ? confused24.gif
The pressure plate was also hitting the fly wheel

PDF? Why not just post pics?
confused24.gif Andy
Tman914
ok I'll due that from the front of the spline to the end / front before it tapers
Tman914
I'll messure it Doc:
Tman914
Sir andy
I couldn't get it to work I try bro too put the pic's up, this was the only way to do it, if you let me know how to I'll will do it next time
Tman914
Dr Evil

I have all new parts fly wheel ,pressure plate & ect: not missing around with this
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tman914 @ Apr 12 2009, 01:37 AM) *

Sir andy
I couldn't get it to work I try bro too put the pic's up, this was the only way to do it, if you let me know how to I'll will do it next time

Here is the link that tells u how to post pics.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
beerchug.gif
Tman914
jcambo7

thanks bro
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.