Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pictures of my parts!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
heres a few pics I took last week of some the hardware going in my 2056...motor should have been done today...but the 96pc are running late...
DrifterJay
counterweighted crank
Aaron Cox
way cool man. you get the exhaust sorted yeT?
DrifterJay
straight cuts
DrifterJay
webcam is standard 86grind
DrifterJay
ah memories...
DrifterJay
yeah I am temporarily going to run a stock 1.7 muffler till I get more money then my builder will use the stock exhangers but will chop a bus header on the end with a collector and a supertrapp spark arrestor... only 150 bucks...will make good vacuum and wont be too loud
URY914
I like the straight cut gears. People don't talk much about them. Why did you decide to use them?

Paul
RD Evans
Jay...would you share your sources for your parts? I'm hoping to build a 2056 out of my 1.8 soon. I've been saving Raby's video for over a year and I'm finally close to being ready to start the project!
Rgreen914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 27 2004, 05:34 PM)
I like the straight cut gears. People don't talk much about them.

Paul

Paul

Are you running straight cut gears on a street car? Are they as noisy as people say? I know of a couple of Chevies that run them and you can hear them coming a block before they arrive; makes you think they're running a blower. Definitely not "stealth mode" for a streeter.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Feb 27 2004, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 27 2004, 05:34 PM)
I like the straight cut gears. People don't talk much about them.

Paul

Paul

Are you running straight cut gears on a street car? Are they as noisy as people say? I know of a couple of Chevies that run them and you can hear them coming a block before they arrive; makes you think they're running a blower. Definitely not "stealth mode" for a streeter.

Yep noisy...at least the T1 ones are.

You either like em or totally hate em.
Jake Raby
WATCH THOSE GEARS!

They are from MSHP's last run.....

I have seen 4 camshafts snap in half right in front of the cam thrust- gears are elliptical and have run out (some of them more than others)

They also make it more difficult to run a TI oil pump...
Rgreen914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 27 2004, 06:09 PM)

I have seen 4 camshafts snap in half right in front of the cam thrust...

Mark

Would this make them even more noisy?
Mark Henry
Hmmm...sounds like a new plan might be in order.

Who was MSHP?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Feb 27 2004, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 27 2004, 06:09 PM)

I have seen 4 camshafts snap in half right in front of the cam thrust...

Mark

Would this make them even more noisy?

Only for a second or two! unsure.gif
Jake Raby
Mark Stephens High Performance.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 27 2004, 06:25 PM)
Mark Stephens High Performance.

icon8.gif barf.gif

RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!
rhodyguy
rich denhauer should tell his mshp tale. you better be listening to these guys jay.

kevin
Rgreen914
Maybe his "problems" were due to the altitude of his location; Tehachapi is over 4,000 feet up! Strange things happen in that town...like snow on the 4th of July!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.