Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
biggrin.gif ok i got my rear hubs changed and put on my 5 lug rotors ...look nice....put caliper on and oops it dont fit....wrong rotor...so now would one of you please give to me the right pn for rear rotor......4-5 redrilled rear hubs....every thing nos the pn i have is 901-352-041-14 it is too deep...the caliper i am using has the spacer for vented rotors.....thanks in advance......ray
TC 914-8
If you have the rear caliper with the spacer installed you MAY need the 74-78 911 rear rotors with 4mm taken off the circumfrence( out side edge)
Eric Shea @PMB performance is the man to talk to. He has a couple threads in the classics, on how to rebuild rear brakes.
Either way he can steer you in the right direction.
I have a set of solid 5-lug rear rotors if thats what you need. I'll let them go for $25 ea plus shipping.
Wilhelm
When you say doesn't fit: do you mean disc is too fat-skinny or the diameter too big-small?
If diameter too big, borrow a lathe or find a machinist and turn down the diameter a squosh.
davep
What calipers are you using? 914/4 widened?
What rotors are you using? The 944 replacements can be too thick at 20.5mm and too big in diameter. You need to machine down to the stock diameter.
If you did not use the bracket for the dust shield or the spacer on the hub, then the alignment of the caliper to rotor could be wrong.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif all set thanks to CFR racing......nice to have chris and ed close by for inspiration driving.gif
davep
SO! Fess up, what was the solution?
johnnie5
Yes.... splain huh.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif old old secert......turned out to be simple...911 vented rotors....had 1/8" taken off the OD (outside diameter) that mean 1/4" total.....needed 3 12mm washers to center the 911 caliper so now i need longer screws to hold the caliper in place 3 washers longer the washers went in between the caliper and the mount......now all works except no e brake and the break shield wont fit so i will run without till i come up with a solution on that.....either way i will be at hershey....ray
firstknight13
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif notice the 3 washers......rotors are a perfect fit smoke.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif with spacer
firstknight13
biggrin.gif with wheel
firstknight13
biggrin.gif yes i did use a pipe wrench.... mad.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif inside view....have to relocate brake line now..... biggrin.gif its all good....ray
davep
All the spacing issues are well documented in old threads.
charliew
Emergency brake as in using the 86 944 angle adjusters and shoes and the early 911 steel arm backing plates with a welded-on support inbetween the shoes. A short extension link to the 914 cable and changing the angle of the bracket will do the trick. If you want to go bigger bucks the boxter parts seem to be the same thing but maybe slightly narrower shoes. If you don't like the 914 handle you could also go to the 911 or 944 handle and cable.

Are those 7 or 8's? they get about as close to the arm as you could want.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif they are 7 front 9 rear 3" fender flare via CFR...i have boxter big brakes and 944 turbo brake options i just want to make the MID ENGINE INVASION so this works for now...will check into your suggestation....thanks, ray driving.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif all done brakes bleed......yeah !!! i like how the lines came out....ray
firstknight13
biggrin.gif driving tomorrow.......windshield install and front end alignment and i'm so good to go.........ray driving.gif
sixnotfour
Is the bleeder nipple Up ?
firstknight13
biggrin.gif no it is on the bottom........ray
sixnotfour
Isn't hard to bleed the air out that way.
6freak
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Apr 20 2009, 05:00 AM) *

biggrin.gif no it is on the bottom........ray

Whoops slap.gif ..........lmao
Kargeek
I did this conversion using six rear calipers, 911 rear M caliper spacers and bolts, spacer between the mounting bracket and spacers on the mounting bracket to retain the dust shield. I don't recall turning down the rotor- I may have as it was 20 years ago!
firstknight13
biggrin.gif yeah that looks really nice....good job.....ray driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.