Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fitzm1
Can't figure this one out. I went for a first time summer cruise. The car ran great but the idle was high. As I was adjusting the idle the car stalled, now it won't start. When I try to start it a puff of vapor comes out of No 3 carb.
Setup 40 IDF with MSD ignition. I am getting a spark.

Mike
dbgriffith75
What were you adjusting the idle on? Carbs? Try the dizzy- if I'm not mistaken you can loosen a bolt right next to it and rotate the dizzy one way or another- I think clockwise advances timing and counter clock wise retards it. When you advance it should raise the idle, when you retard it should drop the idle down.

...at least, I think that's right... dry.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(dbgriffith75 @ Apr 15 2009, 05:40 PM) *

What were you adjusting the idle on? Carbs? Try the dizzy- if I'm not mistaken you can loosen a bolt right next to it and rotate the dizzy one way or another- I think clockwise advances timing and counter clock wise retards it. When you advance it should raise the idle, when you retard it should drop the idle down.

...at least, I think that's right... dry.gif

Excuse me? This is a joke, right? Besides, you have the direction wrong. You NEVER move the timing unless it's wrong. And you don't do it to adjust the idle speed, either. The Cap'n
dbgriffith75
pray.gif

Apologies, oh great Cap'n!
jt914-6
To start with, clean and blow out the idle jets. Check float levels and pump quantity. Quantity should be between .6 & .8 cc. per stroke.
type2man
Perhaps when you stuck you hand down in there you knocked a wire loose. Try putting back the idle back the same number of turns...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.