Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: easy question about engine shields.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
I had a couple of broken bolts on my intake manifolds and removed the engine shields to gain easier access. Do these shields act as a passive cooling system for the engine or can I run the car with them off. These are the shields that go over the cylinders and along the sides and back.
r_towle
You NEED all the engine tin (shields) in place and hooked up right.
This is what directs the air from the fan to the right place and keeps your car cool..

Without them your motor will overheat very quickly and die.

Hows that for an answer...

Rich
Millerwelds
QUOTE(JOE M @ Apr 16 2009, 03:11 PM) *

I had a couple of broken bolts on my intake manifolds and removed the engine shields to gain easier access. Do these shields act as a passive cooling system for the engine or can I run the car with them off. These are the shields that go over the cylinders and along the sides and back.

Definitley needed for cooling. They control the air flow.
JOE M
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Apr 16 2009, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(JOE M @ Apr 16 2009, 03:11 PM) *

Definitley needed for cooling. They control the air flow.

Damn Rich you are fast!!!!!Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.