Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I install my head temp sensor -- D-jet (retrofit project)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten
My sensor seems different (No wire coming off sensor) than what is available. My engine tin has a small hole for it, and I'm wondering if I have to take the tin off? Do I need the bracket attached? Engine is a 1.7L. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
3d914
Kris,

The reason its different is because that's the Air Temp Sensor #1 (of two - the other is smaller and in the plenum -air box)

The head temp sensor is about the diameter of your finger, with threads on one end and the lead wire you were expecting on the other end. Take a look at Pelican Parts Catalog for more details. It will also show location.

Good luck.
kpfoten
Thanks!

Where does the #1 Air Temp Sensor mount?

QUOTE(3d914 @ Apr 19 2009, 05:15 PM) *

Kris,

The reason its different is because that's the Air Temp Sensor #1 (of two - the other is smaller and in the plenum -air box)

The head temp sensor is about the diameter of your finger, with threads on one end and the lead wire you were expecting on the other end. Take a look at Pelican Parts Catalog for more details. It will also show location.

Good luck.

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(kpfoten @ Apr 20 2009, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks!

Where does the #1 Air Temp Sensor mount?

QUOTE(3d914 @ Apr 19 2009, 05:15 PM) *

Kris,

tempsensor#1 is in the plenum right next to temp sensor 2 which is in your picture and is apparently the mount had broken free from the plenum.. the head temp sensor is under neath the engin tine behing a hole next to spark plug#3

here is a link to what is what and what does waht and why.. boring but priceless trouble shooting guide..

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

also more easy info here,,

http://www.rennlist.com/techarticles/djetronicfuel.htm

also do not forget to look at google image search for 914 engine or components alot of time you will find a picture of your engine with everything in its place..

Good luck.

kpfoten
Much thanks! This has been fun--hopefully I'll get it running...
Cap'n Krusty
You've just thanked someone for the WRONG INFORMATION! That's the thermotime switch, part of the cold start circuit. Temp sensor 1 screws into the side of the plenum, and has a 2 wire plug in connection. The TTS attaches to a case through bolt, along with the forward leg of the plenum, on the right side of the case centerline close to the distributor.

The Cap'n
kpfoten
No, I just thanked him for the web links... smile.gif

I will thank YOU for the exact location of the thermotime switch... So, thanks!
kpfoten
Click to view attachment

Here's a photo that will give an idea (although probably not completely accurate):

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.