Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70' porsche ignition lock cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mugentyper_msd
Hello all, I need some advice. I have a 1970 porsche in which I need the ignition lock cylinder. So I got part which is a Hella part ignition lock cylinder. Well further research I find that this hella part covers all porsche 914. I just know this can't possibly fit mine. I'm curious if anyone has had success installing this hella ignition lock cylinder in this 70'-71'. It seems to me 71' mid-year is the one in which hella makes the lock for this year and up. I have acutally modified the hella lock cylinder and now I can get it to fit but I shouldn't have to modify it in order to make it work. If anyone has any experience that would greatly help. Thanks in advance.
markb
The wiring is a nightmare if you try to fit a 72 & up ignition switch in an early car. They changed it all around in 72.
Joe Ricard
I did it, wiring wise. just got to trace out which pair of conections does what. then put the right wires on.
as far as getting it all to fit in an early car? GOOD luck!!!!! I finally gave up and swapped the whole column. Which is a real Muther Effer too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.