Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Order Problems with Perf Products New FL Whse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T

Has anyone bought anything from Performance Products since they moved shipping to the Eckler's Warehouse/Distribution Center (DC) in Titusville, FL - from Van Nuys, CA earlier this year???

I ordered a bunch of brake, suspension & body parts a few weeks back during one of their 15% off weekly deals, and the phone sales guy was very knowledgeable & helpful. But at the DC they just threw the parts in different boxes without a shipping invoice in either of the 3 boxes - some parts without even a label, let alone proper packaging; shipped part of the order's in stock items, but not others supposedly "in stock" on which I'm still waiting!? confused24.gif

The DC doesn't answer emails & the phone goes to the sales center, which is still in Van Nuys, CA - but they're all frustrated with the move & shipping problems. NOT what I expected from a $2500+ parts order!!!! chair.gif

If you have had any problems with PP's shipments recently, then start an email/call campaign to PP to get the parts & shipping - or at least a store in CA, which their GM is pushing for apparently. The investment group which now owns PP & Eckler's better do something, before they ruin PP's market reputation!!!! ...and we lose yet another valuable source for 914 & other Porsche parts! type.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
They are getting into other cars that they can easily secure parts for. The 914 is not their business nor a very good source of revenue for them. They are smart.

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 22 2009, 01:28 PM) *

Has anyone bought anything from Performance Products since they moved shipping to the Eckler's Warehouse/Distribution Center (DC) in Titusville, FL - from Van Nuys, CA earlier this year???

I ordered a bunch of brake, suspension & body parts a few weeks back during one of their 15% off weekly deals, and the phone sales guy was very knowledgeable & helpful. But at the DC they just threw the parts in different boxes without a shipping invoice in either of the 3 boxes - some parts without even a label, let alone proper packaging; shipped part of the order's in stock items, but not others supposedly "in stock" on which I'm still waiting!? confused24.gif

The DC doesn't answer emails & the phone goes to the sales center, which is still in Van Nuys, CA - but they're all frustrated with the move & shipping problems. NOT what I expected from a $2500+ parts order!!!! chair.gif

If you have had any problems with PP's shipments recently, then start an email/call campaign to PP to get the parts & shipping - or at least a store in CA, which their GM is pushing for apparently. The investment group which now owns PP & Eckler's better do something, before they ruin PP's market reputation!!!! ...and we lose yet another valuable source for 914 & other Porsche parts! type.gif

Derek Seymour

agree.gif

Seems like customer service has gone down a bit.

A retail location in SoCal would be cool.

But I prefer to spend my $$$ with GPR or AA anyway.

Support small businesses they are the backbone of our countries economy! flag.gif piratenanner.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Apr 22 2009, 01:44 PM) *

agree.gif

Seems like customer service has gone down a bit.

A retail location in SoCal would be cool.

But I prefer to spend my $$$ with GPR or AA anyway.

Support small businesses they are the backbone of our countries economy! flag.gif piratenanner.gif

As a small businessman myself - agree.gif

However, back in the day" there were many independent shops (which PP once was too), which are now gone.

And the more competitiion the better for pricing, since the genuine Porsche & OEM/OES (e.g.: Bosch, Zimmerman, AE, etc.) parts are the same whereever. I did a cost comparison for my 73 rear bumper's top rubber strip & L&R chromed fog light grills/surrounds, and AA was highest - even after the 30% this month, Pelican next, then PP after their 15% off.

No offense George - but I have a big project & need to do it cost effectively, and can't see paying more for the parts.

BTW George - you never answered my query as to whether the front bumper top rubber listed as "genuine" & on sale this month on your web store are the ones with or without the squirter holes, at your post on those? ...care to answer now?

Also - I'm also in need of new 73/74 L&R FRONT rubber bumper horns/extensions "tits" (as opposed to those on a sows rear..... biggrin.gif ) - do you have those as new/NOS??

I need the 73 F&R chromed bumpers too, but I cannot do $3-4k for them, so I'll look for a parts car with ones better/straighter than mine to rechrome its old ones!
jmmotorsports
I paid them for second day delivery,got the parts 11 days later. I have had very good luck with Strasse,good prices and service. Just Porsche parts.

Jerry
Steve
Yep they suck since they moved. Especially for us So. Cal. guys. I used to be able to swing by and pick up a part and or have it delivered in around two days max. Now its being shipped from Florida so it takes about a week to get. There customer service line is also on East Coast time, so I was screwed after around 2pm. I didn't order very much so I didn't have any problems with multiple shipments or mismarked stuff. They are typically cheaper than everywhere else and they also have a PCA discount, however next time I will be shopping around before I make a purchase.
ArtechnikA
no problems unless you count getting parts faster than before a problem ...
Tom_T
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Apr 23 2009, 05:35 AM) *

I paid them for second day delivery,got the parts 11 days later. I have had very good luck with Strasse,good prices and service. Just Porsche parts.

Jerry

Do you have a link for Strasse &/or their full name I can Google?
....where are they located?
Thanx!
Tom_T
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 23 2009, 07:04 AM) *

Yep they suck since they moved. Especially for us So. Cal. guys. I used to be able to swing by and pick up a part and or have it delivered in around two days max. Now its being shipped from Florida so it takes about a week to get. There customer service line is also on East Coast time, so I was screwed after around 2pm. I didn't order very much so I didn't have any problems with multiple shipments or mismarked stuff. They are typically cheaper than everywhere else and they also have a PCA discount, however next time I will be shopping around before I make a purchase.

ALL - Wouldn't hurt to shoot an e-mail to PP's customer service in Van Nuys to their GM on these problems & threaten to jump ship customer-wise! I'll try to dig up that GM's email later & post it here.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 23 2009, 07:25 PM) *

Do you have a link for Strasse &/or their full name I can Google?
....where are they located?

They have a big ad in every issue of Panorama.
They are in San Luis Obispo.
Strasse is their full name.
no website listed. 877.944.9911
Gabe's a nice guy.
sww914
I buy a lot of parts in San Luis Obispo. I was at GPR and Strasse today. GPR's prices kick ass!

And they pay to run a banner ad here.
Tom_T
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 23 2009, 11:44 PM) *

I buy a lot of parts in San Luis Obispo. I was at GPR and Strasse today. GPR's prices kick ass!

And they pay to run a banner ad here.

It would help both of them to have a full on web commerce capability for those of us outside of easy driving distance, to see & order what they're selling! Plus I prefer to use my Visa/MC where I have some protections, as well as earning airline miles while paying for all this dang stuff! type.gif

I've got them bookmarked from the Vendors Forum too, & will "shop" everywhere I can for the best deals I can, cuz I've got a bunch of work to do & parts to get, unsure.gif and can't afford to overpay.

But being old school, if I can - I prefer to go in & touch & feel & see what I'm getting BEFORE I lay down the coin! We used to have a dozen or more good Porsche suppliers down here in SoCal - OC & LA area, and now most all are gone! And now with PP gone to the big NYC Investment Bankers & their shipping BS in FL, now there's only Pelican locally! So I'd like to preserve more options down here, cuz competition keeps everyone honest! It can't hurt to give their local PP guys a little support to lobby their new ownership to give us out here better customer support - can it!? confused24.gif

Those guys you're ordering from at PP in Van Nuys are regular folks too who need their jobs to feed their families, & apparently they HAD to sell out or close down - so you're preserving CA jobs too! ...and why not hit them up to advertise here too, & Pelican along with them - heck "Dr. George" too! idea.gif

I have the old estimates for new parts on my 914's repairs from 5/85, which now are 5x that for those that are not NLA, & the last listed prices for the NLAs - some of which are several years ago! That is double what the inflationary rate has been over that period, and most of that (3x) has been just in the past 5-10 years! It just shows what happens when there is no competition, as Porsche knows when they stop producing & start jacking their prices. For example - chrome bumpers were $200+/- in 85, $450 in late 90's & $2000+ when last available! ...did they redo them in Platinum or something - NO!!!!! They're just chair.gif us!

If I lived up there by you in the Central Coast, then I'd do a bunch more business with them, as well as Go Westy for my 88 Westy! ...with the latter I've had good luck with long distance parts so far! ...and with The Bus Depot in PA to, altho they're a bit slower to ship.

BTW - PP also started out small like Pelican, GPR, Strasse, etc. as a small privately owned storefront in Van Nuys - I still have some of their flyer type brochures from the day - & now they're just too big for their britches! ...or their NYC money men are anyway, & look where those putz's got us with this economy now!!!! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.