Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower motor troubleshooting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
The blower motor on my '70 will not turn on. I did some research and read through the following thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=blower++motor

The switch and fuse/relay are good, clean, and have continuity. I pulled the wires from the motor and connected the leads directly to the battery with no effect. I'm assuming the motor itself is bad, am I correct? Thanks,
dbgriffith75
If you put the leads directly on the battery and it didn't turn on, it's likely shot. I don't know of any other way to test them, so maybe someone else can tell you what to look for.

On the other hand, I do have a good blower motor handy. It's off a '75 and I don't know if they'll interchange, but if they will I'm happy to sell it to you.
tod914
You can repair them sometimes. Take off the back metal sleave and look and see if both wires are soddered on. Might be one broke loose.
76-914
Did you check your ground? Mine is a 76 and I think I remember it sharing a ground with the WW switch???
Rav914
Yeah, I thought if the battery couldn't make it go, it's a goner. I'll take it apart this weekend and see what I can see. Thanks.
Sleepin
Just take her wedding ring off!

......I am really sorry, I tried for almost two days to resist typing that!

laugh.gif
Rav914
Feel better? biggrin.gif

I do appreciate the humor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.