Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel gauge n float sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
How does the fuel gauge get the reading from the float sensor? Are there wires involved going from the sensor to the gauge? confused24.gif
McMark
Bluetooth. blink.gif av-943.gif

poke.gif

There are wires from the sender to the gauge. The sender is variable resistance and the gauge is basically an ohm-meter. So as the fuel level rises or falls, the resistance changes and that change in resistance is displayed by the gauge.
Sleepin
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 11:39 AM) *

lol-2.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 12:39 PM) *

poke.gif

There are wires from the sender to the gauge. The sender is variable resistance and the gauge is basically an ohm-meter. So as the fuel level rises or falls, the resistance changes and that change in resistance is displayed by the gauge.

Thanks for the poke.gif av-943.gif Very funny. Well I guess I need the wires for that. Cuz I can't find any wires for the float sensor.
Spoke
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 25 2009, 07:57 PM) *

Cuz I can't find any wires for the float sensor.

So on there aren't any wires on the passenger side of your gas tank? If not, the connector has dropped behind the gas tank. Got a pic?
jcambo7
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 25 2009, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 25 2009, 07:57 PM) *

Cuz I can't find any wires for the float sensor.

So on there aren't any wires on the passenger side of your gas tank? If not, the connector has dropped behind the gas tank. Got a pic?

Here is a pic but I am postive I didn't see any wires with connectors on them? confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
McMark
Look on the passenger's side of the airbox, up higher than your picture shows.
jcambo7
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 08:24 PM) *

Look on the passenger's side of the airbox, up higher than your picture shows.

I will have to do that. I don't really have any pics up there. I am still positive that I didn't see any wires with any connectors on them.
McMark
Look here. Could be tucked behind the airbox.
McMark
Here's what the connector looks like. Square box.
jcambo7
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 08:36 PM) *

Here's what the connector looks like. Square box.

All right. Thanks a lot for showing me pics of where it might be and what it looks like. I will definitely check in that area and look for it. Hopefully it is there. It should cuz I c no reason for it not to be there.
jcambo7
I found it. Thank you everyone for the help. drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.